Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autumn Falls - a revised version of Springville

by himawara106 Posted 29th Jan 2010 at 2:20 PM - Updated 17th Feb 2010 at 11:07 AM by himawara106

175 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:42 PM
Looks good! I played your original version and will try this one as well. Thanks for fixing the wonky parts!
Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:17 PM
Great work Himawara, it looks good. I'm really glad to see this up here! Keep CAWing! :D

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:23 PM
I agree with Kiwi! ( haha, rhyme) Great Job! All the little things are fixed, and its still functional. I love it!!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:39 PM
great job, thank you ^^
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:59 PM
It's a good job and all that, but no 60x60 lots?! That's why I loved Riverview over Sunset Valley in the first place. A lot more 60x60 lots. Still, it's a good job.
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:15 PM
Yay it's here! I'm so excited as I did love the first version's overall setup but did want the fixes. I can't wait to set this up in game. I'll edit this post later after I've had time to explore the neighborhood. I'm currently building out Pleasantview which is awesome but it is still a big neighborhood and I'm really wanting a smaller town to play and I badly wanted a river AND a beach. Thanks so much for that! The available lot sizes look quite adequate to my personal needs and preferences. I might have to separate one of my families off their giant farm lot to move them in but that's cool. I never used more than half that space for actual farming anyway. I'm really looking forward to downsizing!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:34 PM
Hi I already download the town and it don´t show up in the game can you tell me please what I´m doing wrong, I put it in the download folder with the launcher. May be is that I don´t have the latest patch? I play with 2.8 version and WA. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 6:10 PM
When I unzipped the files and tried to install, I got a message that the file is corrupted, so it didn't install.Today is Jan 29th. The file is definitely corrupted now. I will look forward to trying this once it is fixed. Just thought I would let you know.

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:00 PM
Ooooh I love it! So does this mean there will no townies or characters at all? And we have to build all the houses? But I'm downloading anyway, amazing work!

It's rare that I'm ever on here anymore, but I'm gonna try. And to make more uploads too, possibly.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:09 PM
Thanks for your nice comments.

@saidav: I don't know if the patches are needed. Some say yes and for some it works without patches. To install: yes you put it in the downloads folder. Then you open up the launcher and go to the "downloads" tab. There you should find the file. Click on it and it should install.

@McAlli: The files download fine. I just tried it and they are not corrupted. Please don't post issues with download problems in this thread, since I am not the hoster of the files. Post your issues please in this thread: http://nene.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
When many are on the site the server is very busy and it lasts a while to download. You could try a download manager for example. I use flashget.

@dynamitey10: Yes the town is not populated and only the rabbitholes are there. With sims 3 I never got in the mood of building houses. I like to download houses and sims and then put them into the hood.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:20 PM
Thanks to you!

I am having trouble also with it saying it is downloaded but not showing up in the game. But I will keep trying, I loved your first one and I will wait for the second. Could it be an EA launcher issue?
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 7:36 PM
Good Job Hima! 10/10 The Revisions only add to the appeal of the town!

Firestar2010
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:13 PM
Awesome hood but I'm having the same problem. It shows up as installed but doesn't show up in the game.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 9:35 PM
I love the lot sizes, don't like 60x60. The world looks great and I will be trying it out! Thanks so much for revising and sharing with us.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Banned
#16 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 9:43 PM
I couldn't get it to install, because it said I didn't have the right patches... yet being EA, it didn't bother to specify which one I needed.
*eye roll*
Thanks, anyway. This world is beautiful.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 10:40 PM
Lovely 'hood!! I really like the lay-out. I'm not a huge fan of huge lots so it's perfect
thank you for sharing!!

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 12:40 AM
I'm going to have to second what McAlli said. It downloads just fine but it won't extract. I tried to extracting programs and two browsers in case they weren't working.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 1:43 AM
i love it thanks!
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:38 AM
I've downloaded the files twice with no luck in unpacking.
I try to extract the first rar and get a "Next Volume Is Required" and it wants me to put the files on a disk...

Any help !?

Thanks
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 4:12 AM
Vampy and JellyBean, when it asks for the next volume, did you try clocking browse and then selecting the second rar file?

I was able to extract it, but unfortunately can't get the launcher to install it. D:
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm going to have to wait until the next patch is released, right? Bummer.

=] I really look forward to playing this town someday!
Scholar
#22 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 4:58 AM
I got it to install smoothly. I did have to download each part for two attempts but that was a typical server issue when traffic was heavy. Files were fine. I saved the files to a folder on my desktop. I extracted using WinRAR which gives me the feature to browse for the second file as I'm extracting the first file. I extracted the file into the same folder on my desktop that I had downloaded the rars into. Then I double-clicked on the single complete unrarred file named Autumn Falls.Sims3Pack and that caused my Launcher to pop up and automatically install the neighborhood for me. When I went to play the game it appeared in the same drop down menu as RiverView and Sunset Valley. And that's how I got it into my game, which is fully patched and updated.

I normally use ALZip to extract rars and zips but for these neighborhood files hosted on MTS I have only ever gotten them to extract properly with WinRAR because it seems to be the only one that has the functionality of letting you browse to open a second file while unpacking the first file. That seems to be required for these multi-part files that neighborhood maps must be broken up into. It is in browsing for the other parts of the file that you end up uniting the separate parts into one Simspack file. I hope that makes sense. Not sure how else to describe the process that worked for me.

My instructions differ from Himawara's after that in that I simply doubleclick on the final Autumn Falls.Sims3Pack file and the launcher does the rest for me. I didn't put the Autumn Falls.Sims3Pack file in my Downloads folder first. I don't think normally it makes a difference which way you do it. But if one method doesn't work, definitely try the other.

The world itself is so beautiful and inviting. The scenes are gorgeous and the lot placement looks really good so far. I found many of the community buildings are named in German but that's no big deal, I just edit the information to rename the lots to my preferred names.

I haven't played yet, so far just built a library and took a look at the graveyard. I didn't see any of the problems previously mentioned and everything I had seen noted before did appear fixed. I plan to spend more time working in there in a few minutes but just wanted to say the preliminary impression was excellent!
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 5:51 AM
Hi thanks for the answer but it don´t appear anyway, I unzip the file and appear in the launcher as installed, but doesn´t show up in the game.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:50 AM
I had success in downloading by using the instructions in this post: http://www.modthesims.info/download...966#post3025966

Got it in the game with no problems, and I am using WA with the latest update, 2.33.

This world is gorgeous, not too many trees and plays in my game smoothly. I haven't had any wonky roads and unaccessible lots with divets or raised too high. I love the lone community lot by the mountain, so I made it residential for my insane, loner, mean-spirited sim. I am still building, but can't wait to play it and see how my loon loves the lot. This world has become my new favorite. Thanks so much.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:49 AM
I figured out how to get it installed.
Turns out I had to go in and turn the .sims3pack into a .package, and then using TSR Merlin's content manager, had to change the .package into .world. Placed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds and sure enough, it showed up!

=D I'm super excited to have this as my first custom world.
Thanks, Himawara!
Page 1 of 8