Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beautiful Brighter Blue Tropical Water

by Claeric Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 9:16 PM

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:19 PM
This light blue water is sweet and inviting.I'll give it a try.Thank you so much for sharing it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:27 PM
thank you finnaly someone else that thought it wasn't a bright enough blue!!! thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much!
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:57 PM
Holy cow I didn't you could change the color of the water! Now we can have real tropical seas the way I really remember them looking in reality. That looks fantastic with the Niua Simoa (sorry for the spelling) island. Thanks!
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 11:38 PM
AHHHH!!! Gimme Gimme Gimme! I love this Claeric! Cant wait to make my own specific worlds with weird water colours! YaY!!!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:46 AM
so much better. I never understood why they did that. Tropical seas are supposed to be this color.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:32 AM
Finally, my water isn't dull and gray looking anymore!
I love it already, thankyou
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:24 AM
This is great! Very good idea. Could you do it turquoise water, something like this:
http://www.imaginelifestyles.com/fi...bora-bora-l.jpg ? :D
Theorist
#9 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:15 PM
I love this! thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:23 PM
I never thought that you can change water color!
However, I think water looks much more realistic the way it is, without this mod.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:23 PM
great idea, and great job. thanks

I am the Alpha, and the Omega
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alice_06
This is great! Very good idea. Could you do it turquoise water, something like this:
http://www.imaginelifestyles.com/fi...bora-bora-l.jpg ? :D

i second this

badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM !!
Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:36 PM
The thing about a color like that is it will look pretty odd unless you have huge, shallow beaches. I'll see if I can get it though.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:36 PM
Claeric, very nice job. The team agrees on this one. 9.5/10 Beautiful water in all areas, whether creator made or maxis. We give you our most sincere congratulations. You finally have one on our mod list (which still is in the works... shouldn't be too long now though...).

The Editor Firestar2010
Banned
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Firestar2010
Claeric, very nice job. The team agrees on this one. 9.5/10 Beautiful water in all areas, whether creator made or maxis. We give you our most sincere congratulations. You finally have one on our mod list (which still is in the works... shouldn't be too long now though...).

The Editor Firestar2010

Huh? I dunno what you're going on about D: Mod list?
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Huh? I dunno what you're going on about D: Mod list?

I am a member of a group of "Editors". We are mod rats who rate mods from different sites, categories, etc (that aren't maxis made), we compile them with ratings, and we make 2 published lists every year. On any site that isn't a relatory site to MTS, i have different account listings, so any other site that you were to look for me on, you'd never find me. Your little water color treatment has made one of our "choice mod" lists. Good job.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 12:05 AM
You totally ruined it for me and it's a good thing. :-D! Gorgeous waters!
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 12:38 AM
This is extremely creative; thank you.
Scholar
#19 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megan116
I never thought that you can change water color!
However, I think water looks much more realistic the way it is, without this mod.
"Realistic" depends on what body of water you're looking at. EA's version of the color is a pretty good reflection of what East Coast USA oceans look like. I can't speak for what the beaches of the West Coast look like because I've never seen them in person. I'd have to ask my sister-in-law or mom on that one. For the beaches of the South Pacific, Claeric's version is a better fit. It's been about 20 years since I was there but I remember deep turquoise flowing into light turquoise and light sparkling off the surface like off a gemstone. The light turquoise is indeed in the shallower beaches. Even though I was born and raised in East Coast USA, my parents never took me to the beach so the sparkling Pacific Island beaches were my first experience with the ocean because I got to live with my grandmother's family for a time and they were willing to take me to the beach. I was shocked into almost a depression when I was about 21 and got to finally see the Atlantic for the first time and see how murky and dull it was by comparson--at least it is in the more northerly regions that I have access to. And fracking cold! I do love the Atlantic now, though. You have to appreciate what you can get, after all.
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:25 AM
I have never seen the ocean.

But I do know that I would be pretty underwhelmed if I saw one that looked like it was just a big lake. I hate the dark lake color of the default water which is precisely why I chose the color I did. :D
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 11:37 PM
Sweet, looks great! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:07 AM
The ocean water where I come from (the Northwest US) is usually darker than EA's, a sort of dark blue/green/gray depending on the area and the time of day. But your brighter water is very pretty. Are you considering making other colors of water at some point?
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 6:07 PM
Default Thanks
I had two months working with the creation of a famous city. I'm working very slow because I don't have enough time. Thanks to contributions like this one my world is going to look better.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 7:35 AM
I had to come back and say that like the OP I cannot live without this water now. It is simply gorgeous. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to create something so beautiful. This water will never leave my game, thank you! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 8:52 PM
Yes! that is the gorgeous bright blue color of the tropical islands. :D

thanks
Page 1 of 2