Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

“Little Sister” crib – Update 2014-08-27, Pets version available

by plasticbox Posted 5th Feb 2010 at 12:21 AM - Updated 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM by plasticbox

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
The other one
#2 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:36 AM
Top down? That's just crazy Thanks for uploading this. I've never liked the EA one but this is a whole lot nicer and I think might become the most used crib in my game.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:54 AM
Outstanding! Agreed, much better than the original!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:14 AM
This is so cute! I wish I could DL it but I tried twice and it said it was corrupted when I went to extract. Verrrry disappointed
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:17 AM
Works fine for me. I'd try redownloading.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:05 AM
lovely!! lol @ the shadow pic, took me a while to realise what i was looking at! anyway, this is great, im also not a fan of either of the EA cribs but the expensive one looks soo much better like this ! xx
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:29 AM
Finally. Someone agrees with me lol.
Thanks a lot for making this. My baby loves it already <3
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:07 AM
Thank you. I will use this crib. I don't use the fancy crib at all, even for my older style homes.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:59 AM
Perfect! Thanks
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:45 AM
I'll use this too, I always just used the other crib, because I hated the ugly top and frippery on this one.

Good work
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:52 AM
Just what I've been looking for - thanks!
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:31 AM
Very pretty crib,much more beautiful and fine than the Ea one.Love it...and you for making and sharing it.Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MTS2BugMeNot
Looking great! Any chance you can make a one-tile version? (Is it possible in the sims 3?)

It is possible in TS3, I've seen/ I have the original one smaller.

Josette
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:24 AM
I'm not taking requests. Please don't post requests on this site unless a creator explicitely asks for them. Thanks.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:17 PM
Grassyass, PB! That frilly faux-pas of a crib was driving me insane.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:48 PM
Very beautifull and yet simple design. Less is more!! You did a great job, thanks
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 3:11 AM
Yaaaay! This is a much simpler and more versatile design than the original. I love it.
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:01 PM
I decided to put this in the upstairs bedroom of one of your wonderful Barnoids and got a message that the ceiling was too low (I don't know how you get that sloped effect in your roofs but I like it). The EA crib that's shorter fits okay. I think the game somehow thinks your crib is still as tall as the original (hence the shadow issue).
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 8:42 AM
wow this is fantastic, i noticed that if you view the pic of the man reaching into the crib as a thumbnail it looks rather real. ha ha i think this crib is just amazing.

"I will not teach NPCs."
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 11:33 AM
I was just thinking that it's too bad there wasn't a simpler version of that crib and here we go! Perfect!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:32 PM
fxchrfxchr, thank you =). Wes recently updated his conversion thingy so that the bounding box is updated correctly; I'll use that version next time I recompile. Until then, try placing it with moveobjects on.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 1:00 AM
Update 2010-02-08:

Fixes:
  • Remeshed the mattress so that it looks less like a brick
  • Reduced the poly count a little (750F/1053V for the high-res mesh)
  • Remapped the whole thing:
    - much less repetition
    - Channel #4 now does something useful (slates on the sides/front/back now separately recolourable)
    - dropshadow on the floor is now softer
    - mapping on the mattress and ruffle rotated by 90° so now vertical stripes will be vertical / back-to-font (unlike in the EA crib – which also means that with the same presets, this one will look different)
  • Retextured again: slidery bits for the front now look a bit more real, the one-pixel line seems to be gone, more accurate shadows due to the remapping
  • Recompiled – bounding box should now be correct
  • Removed lots of unnecessary cruft from the package

Dynamic indoor shadow is not fixed yet, apparently it's not known how this works. And the mapping of the low-res mesh is now more out of whack than before, due to the remapping – I can't fix this at the moment, but, again, this mesh is only visible in-game while it's loading, not during gameplay, so I don't consider this a major issue.

If you remove the old crib, you may need to "resetsim" toddlers or babies that were using it.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:08 PM
looks cool great job
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:21 AM
Great job
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:54 PM
Thank you for this download.
Page 1 of 2