Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 9814 times.
Page 1 of 2
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:28 AM
Default Sims 3 Store features "Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Set"
Which has all the workings of a restaurant except the workings of a restaurant.

I would imagine this is a near definite confirmation that the next expansion includes restaurants. There is also a picture which appears to be a sim serving a dinner-

But chances are it's just a posed shot.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:47 AM
Wow, I had logged on this morning and hadn't seen that at the store. Must have missed it. I'm so excited. My parents still have some furniture that looks like that and they still have formica counters in their kitchen with the metal trim that was so popular in the 50's and 60's. It's held up really well so my parents decided why waste money and waste perfectly good counters just to update to the modern style. I had to agree, their kitchen looks so cool. So I'm a big fan of the diner decor for sims. Thanks for posting this and hey, let's hope we can have more robust restaurants in future expansions. Though really, I'm okay with the way it is now. I've gotten really adept at whipping up community dinners from the buffet table.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:57 AM
I wonder why that skill bar is there. Do sims gain cooking skill from serving or does it just linger?
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:02 AM
Ahh, very observant of you! Good question...what skill is that sim getting.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
staff: moderator
#5 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:05 AM
Possibly job experience?

ETA Assuming it's a new EP shot. But it if it's posed ????

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:18 AM
If its not posed I'll def keep aging off for awhile,and limit my play so my favorite sims can actually make it to the next expansion pack.
Inventor
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claeric
<snip>

But chances are it's just a posed shot.
<snip>

Of course it's posed that's always the kind of stuff EA pulls.

Let me quote myself from the other topic:

Quote:
It's not odd, it's the EA way. The diner set meshes were already made for S2, just needed to be converting for S3 use.
It's just another way of making a quick buck, which EA are very good at...

I don't see it as a comfirmation at all, just another quick buck to make.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer about Water Reflections
#8 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:50 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 5th Feb 2010 at 12:13 PM.
Well I am gonna load it in my game right now and see if the "order food" menu appears on the counter :D

Later: It didn't
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:43 PM
This set is converted from nightlife

Been a long time.. but i'm back in town.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:38 PM
It kinda looks like a screenshot from one of the jobs in the sims online.
#11 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:41 PM
Yes but those are definitely not Sims Online simmies.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#12 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 1:54 PM
Quote:
I would imagine this is a near definite confirmation that the next expansion includes restaurants. There is also a picture which appears to be a sim serving a dinner-
Fake. It's just a sim turning away from cooking, you can even still see the skillbar from the cooking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:53 PM
Am I the only one that finds a diner in your house weird?
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. M. Pescado
Fake. It's just a sim turning away from cooking, you can even still see the skillbar from the cooking.

I'd imagine that's precisely why I said it's probably posed.
#15 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:05 PM
Quote:
I'd imagine that's precisely why I said it's probably posed.

So Pescado was just agreeing with you, and for the same reasons. You sound as if you'd have preferred him to disagree?
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:17 PM
No, it just seemed he saw the picture and didnt read the line after it. ;D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
No, it just seemed he saw the picture and didnt read the line after it. ;D

What would a thread be without some smart remark by Claeric.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzetter

*wakes up to see a 50's diner has replaced your kitchen* "Garden Omelet with Fruit Salad ready! Enjoy! Next in line please!"
Inventor
#19 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 12:17 AM
Quote:

Why? I have an entire KFC in my bedroom, it's transparent though so it's OK...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 1:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Gaijin

Bwahahahahahahaha!
Scholar
#21 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 4:22 AM
Quote:
You can do a 50's retro themed kitchen. What I'll be using this for is my "All the Rave Warehouse" from Riverview that I'd converted into a community center (shows up as a gym on the map). I'll kind of hide the buffet table a bit into the 50's theme and make it look more like a diner. They can't really cook and nobody can order food from an actual waitress or a cook, but the new set will enable me to pull off a pretty good facsimile of the Sims2 diner. As it is, when I go there now I always designate one of my active sims as a sort of busboy, cleaning up all the mess and abandoned plates.

Or...I can just say pffft to the whole idea and just load up Sims2 and get my "diner fix" that way. I'm kind of curious to see if watching my sims eat in the diner is as fun as I remember it being. I kind of remember always struggling with the date not staying properly tethered to my active Sim, and them doing a lot of arm waving and whining at me. But I can't remember what caused that. I think things would fall apart when one of them would have to go to the bathroom and the other sim decided to do the same but would end up with a type of route fail because of some townie deciding they absolutely positively had to block the restroom stall.
Scholar
#22 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:06 AM
Default Rolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Gaijin

OMG! That made me laugh so hard my eyes watered.
Scholar
#23 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersong86
You can do a 50's retro themed kitchen. What I'll be using this for is my "All the Rave Warehouse" from Riverview that I'd converted into a community center (shows up as a gym on the map). I'll kind of hide the buffet table a bit into the 50's theme and make it look more like a diner. They can't really cook and nobody can order food from an actual waitress or a cook, but the new set will enable me to pull off a pretty good facsimile of the Sims2 diner. As it is, when I go there now I always designate one of my active sims as a sort of busboy, cleaning up all the mess and abandoned plates.

Or...I can just say pffft to the whole idea and just load up Sims2 and get my "diner fix" that way. I'm kind of curious to see if watching my sims eat in the diner is as fun as I remember it being. I kind of remember always struggling with the date not staying properly tethered to my active Sim, and them doing a lot of arm waving and whining at me. But I can't remember what caused that. I think things would fall apart when one of them would have to go to the bathroom and the other sim decided to do the same but would end up with a type of route fail because of some townie deciding they absolutely positively had to block the restroom stall.

Putting the diner set in a commmunity lot is a good idea. Be glad no sim is serving food though, since the sims might pull the plates out of their butts. Isn't it bizarre that they pull everything out of their butts--baby food, guitars, books, etc.

The waving and whining was due to a need being low (bladder, hunger, tired, lonely). Good chance it was hunger because I think part of why my sims would wander off is because it sometimes took so long to be seated by the hostess in a restaurant due to the whole sim community swarming thing. Nobody would be there but as soon as your sims arrived every sim in the immediate area would swarm to the podium (even if they had just eaten). If my sims were really hungry they'd autonomously wander over to order at the bar.

I currently have TS1 and TS3 on my PC but there is a snow storm coming this weekend so if I'm housebound I might switch out TS1 for TS2.
#24 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:54 PM
I hope the set includes a food counter that has the same function as the buffet table. That way it would fit the diner theme and sims could serve themselves. Maybe replace turkey, salad and cookies with burgers, eggs and pancakes.
Banned
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:59 PM
Oh damn, now I really wish I had modding ability.

I would make a system of counters which are animated to have food appear at one end, halfway hanging off, go down a conveyor, and disappear at the other end, just before readching the end.

It would cycle between burgers, fries, and shakes...and function like a buffet table, auto-stocked.

You'd put them all in order and it would create the illusion of food going down a conveyor belt. A freaking AUTOMAT
Page 1 of 2

Section jump