Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 23
Banned
#2 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:11 AM
I get this when I put in certain files. It seems to happen with a few, and I'm doing it with some files that I never got to work.

I tried it with the Tiki Fullset, for example. I can't click anything without this box coming up.

I'm mostly interested in using this to load as many Sims3Packs as possible, of all types and sizes, and seeing what the resulting file looks like in terms of 1) Does it work 2) What the filesize is and 3) If anything is missing.

I'd gladly load an entire folder of 500MB of Sims3Packs...but you can't multi-select. Must you do it 1 by 1 or is this an oversight? (Not that it's possible to mess with with this error, anyway :p)
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:22 AM
This is an individual Sims3Pack cleaner. It is not and never will be designed to "multi-select" multiple files. That would really serve no purpose whatsoever and be totally contrary to this tools main purpose - cleaning and removing unwanted chunks from a single Sims 3 Pack. So, no, it's not an "oversight".

I'll take a look and see if I have those files and try and replicate it

Edit: Okay, fixed and uploaded again. It wasn't clearing the listview properly when you did File Open. Now it does. I also fixed a small bug with the Dump XML.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Banned
#4 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:31 AM
You said you were mostly interested to see what would happen if you loaded "as many as possible" (plural) and seeing what "the"(singular) resulting file was like, and what the "file size"(singular) was like, etc.

The way it's written now is singular, it makes it seem you want to see what one file made up of a bunch of files would be like. Sorry for the confusion. I think you mean to say you want to load various files, and see what the resulting files are like and if they work. Make sense? :D

I will try again and see if the error went away.

Edit: Nope, now I get this, which is weird because package files aren't involved at all! Same file and everything, for consistency:
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 8:45 AM
Actually, a Sims3Pack is just a container for packages, so it's not suprising that some of them would have issues.

The error you are getting is only when you try clicking on one of the patterns to preview it. This is not really what I want people to be testing right now...

Specifically, I want to know any errors on loading and saving a Sims3Pack - not ones that happen when you click on items to preview them (that comes later).

Thanks for helping btw.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 10:02 AM
Okay, Delphy, I downloaded the alpha custard. I knew from the dashboard thread that the Stylist Sims deco 01 s3p's contained files with corrupt TXTC's, so I downloaded them. The pics show the report of the corrupt texture and after I fixed with the tool.

I then opened a house that I knew had installed patterns which I most likely wouldn't have wanted installed. I unchecked the png's and the patterns then saved it as an s3p.

The rar contains the original s3p's and the "copy" s3ps indicate what the new s3p ended up as so you can get size comparisons. I'm sorry but I didn't know what to do about the xml file request you made. When I clicked on debug it brought up the folder from which I had taken the s3p's and it just indicated that "no items match your search". Guess I need more instructions to get that part accomplished for you.

I will be following the thread to see what else I can do to help.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Copy of Petite Family Vinyard.rar (8.43 MB, 537 downloads)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 9:21 PM
Default Some test results
Okay tried this on three different packages: the Store's own Explorer's Loot and two lots from MTS: Jardin Adoree and Waterfront residence. Jardin contained 5 or 6 thumbnails (jpegs) and Explorer's had a png thumbnail enclosed. I unchecked these items, saved the files and did the attached xmls. Tried to check the files again and neither will open - I get an error with each.
forgive me that I cannot include screenshots of same but they read
1. Explorer's Loot: unexpected end of file - following elements not enclosed:Guid, Packaged File, Sims3Package, Line 181 position 20
2. Jardin Adoree: unexpected end of file while parsing name has occurred at Line82 position 14
Also tried on Waterfront residence which contains about 13 thumbnails. Can still open this in CUSTARD, but it always reappears with the 13 thumbnails still in place.
Hope this helps. Have not included the two lots in the rar files with the xmls, but both are available here on MTS and Explorer's Loot is a free download at the store when you register WA.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Explorer's Loot.rar (6.8 KB, 268 downloads)
File Type: rar  JardiinAdoreLot.rar (1.1 KB, 137 downloads)
File Type: rar  water-front residence{1}.rar (1.8 KB, 146 downloads)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 11:43 PM
Thanks for the tests, Gamineannie.

I've uploaded a new version today, which fixes the following bugs:

* Crash when clicking on a pattern in the listview
* Fixed saved Sims3Packs not having correct XML Length
* Added some description fields
* Added File -> Exit menu
* Fixed bug with unchecking packages/thumbnails not actually removing them

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...2744CUSTARD.rar

Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 7:49 PM
Default More Tests
Delphy, updated the download and the lots' thumbnails now disappear as they are supposed to. Great job!
As for the fix button, here are the xmls for a lot and a painting (I had a lot of paintings picked as blue lot causers with the Dashboard, so wanted to check these, too). I opened each file, saved as a copy, opened the copy and pressed the fix button, then did tlhe debug for the xml. No error codes, except my old lot from yesterday will not open. I've also deleted my Explorer's Loot file, so I can redownload from EA.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  New Folder.rar (5.1 KB, 388 downloads)
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 12:57 PM
Delphy - I was using this merrily - and after fixing about 15 files remembered that I was meant to be dumping the XML docs for you!! Unfortunately, after I remembered this, I only found one more corrupt sims3pack. I've attached an XML file that came up when I went to the debug menu. (Eek I've just read that you wanted raw & generated... I've already shut the programme... will one file suffice?)

Anyway, thanks so much for all the stuff you make. As for this programme, it seems to do a good job so far
One possible "bug" (I'm not sure if that's what it is) I've encountered with it is that sometimes after checking lots of files, the main white window (with the checkboxes) displays the data of a formerly tested item, not the current one. (E.g. I tested a chair from Vita Sims... then I tried to check a lipstick by Subaxi... and it still had the data from the chair... then I tried to test more items, but it still showed the chair's data... However, it did show the correct data each time in the grey space down the bottom of the window. Does that make sense?)

Cheers, and although I'm a layperson, I'm more than happy to test more of your creations when they're alpha (hell, I'm beyond caring about my Sims... The game has been absolutely destroyed by EA... I'd much rather one of your alpha tools screwed up my game that one of the wretched EA abominations...) I've used your QuickBlueLotObjectFixer and your dashboard. Yum!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  JSrug.zip (666 Bytes, 193 downloads)
Description: XML dump for a Vita Sims rug test
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 1:57 PM
Delphy,
when I do a Save/SaveAs, the new sims3Pack file has the installed icon in the Download tab of Launcher when it hasn't been installed yet.

I had trouble installing the file when I had pre-existing .dbc files; so I ran the fixes as follows. But when I cleared the DCCache folder, the original file installed just fine, well so did the rest for that matter. The xml files differ only with the decrapified file.

what I did: [filename prefixes]
no changes to original file:[*]
did a save as: [saveAs*]
did a save as-fix-save: [custard*]
used the recompressor dated Feb 22nd: [decrap*]
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Simpossible_ModernSink_test_files.zip (77.6 KB, 260 downloads)
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
This is an individual Sims3Pack cleaner. It is not and never will be designed to "multi-select" multiple files. That would really serve no purpose whatsoever and be totally contrary to this tools main purpose - cleaning and removing unwanted chunks from a single Sims 3 Pack.

This is just a suggestion, but could you have an option where it could analyze large groups of Sims3pack files and automagically remove jpg, gif, and png files from them? This could be an optional "fix" and of course the person using it would have to realize their files might not come out ok in the end... lol. Though, theoretically, there shouldn't be a problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:27 AM
@lowprofile
I believe Delphy isn't going to create a batch operation for this programme - he didn't do so for his BlueLotObjectFixer and I don't think he will for this. I think it's because he doesn't want it to be used by the masses while it is still in its alpha stage - as this could potentially lead to a) laypeople asking millions of questions about it and clogging up this testing thread b) bugs in the programme borking people's games (and dealing with the implicit liability there) and c) laypeople misusing the programme and thereby destroying their games (by deleting important files without understanding the implications etc.)

I may be wrong, but this is my assessment of the situation.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:28 AM
I see - too bad. Thank you, though, magnetic_cat!
Instructor
#15 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:44 PM
Delphy! I couldn't get it to raise my dead!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 12:52 PM
magnetic_cat: Actually I wont do a multi-file batch version becuase it's not designed to do operations on multiple files. It's simply a Sims 3 version of the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer - designed for Creators to clean up Sims3Packs and remove any custom content they dont want in the final file.

Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 1:01 PM
@Delphy:
That's good enough for me! :D
Scholar
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 10:52 PM Last edited by suzetter : 23rd Mar 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Hi Delphy.
I packaged a lot I made and found that some cc items were attached to the lot/sim3 pack. (more detail here - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...=1#post3106807). Of the several cc items still showing after I removed all cc from game (caches, etc) only one cc item was actually a part of that lot--a large screen tv. When I ran the sim3 pack through Custard last night the program revealed the lot package and several thumbnails, I saved the file without the thumbnails. Checking the new generated file the cc items were now gone-the tv was no longer on the lot and the errant cc catalog items were cleared as well. Attached are the xml files.

I made some changes to the lot today and after packaging ran the sims3 pack through custard and it showed the lot package, some thumbnails and the big screen tv (which I suspected would be there). I saved the file without the cc TV and thumbnails. When I tried to open the clean file to get the xml dump for you. I received an error message of an unhandled exception I tried to ignore and continue but the program could not. Attached is the xml dump of the sim3pack cleaned today, the error msg and exception details. Did I do something funky or isthe file funky?

Despite the problem with today's sims3pack, I really like this program. It was very easy to use and located the unwanted files on the lot which I would have been unable to have done otherwise. Thanks for the program.

suzetter
Attached files:
File Type: rar  032310 Sir Riverview Park Plaza.rar (39.7 KB, 146 downloads)
File Type: rar  SIRRivPlz2.rar (2.5 KB, 118 downloads)
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:06 AM
Is there a Mac version for this?
Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 1:49 PM Last edited by suzetter : 24th Apr 2010 at 1:51 AM.
Default Custard inconsistency
I successfully used Custard on my first two uploads (Sir Riverview TS3/WA 2.5 and Lake Barrett TS3 1.9). Tried using it again on 3 lot uploads and the rar kept reading empty even though the lots were there and I was able to load the lots into my game. I tried only deleting the cc and leaving the thumbnails but the rar still gave the empty file warning (warning some files may be empty in this sims3pack). One of the 3 uploads is actually a reupload of Lake Barrett which I am moving to a team account. I thought maybe something happened to the original rar so I exported the lot again fresh from the game and still I got the empty file warning. (??) I downloaded the lot from the rar into my game and it appeared fine so I am thinking the empty file warning may have been a false warning. When I uploaded the lot without using custard I did not get the empty file message. Attached are the two sim3 packs of the lot --the lot sims3pack (intact - no custard) and the lot sims3pack after I deleted the thumbnails and cc using custard, also included is the XMl dump.

EDit: Please let me know if you have any idea why I am getting these results. Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Lake Barrett sims 3 packs and xml dump.rar (1.97 MB, 168 downloads)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2010 at 7:46 AM
Hi suzetter,

Sorry I missed your post. I don't understand something - what, exactly, is reporting the "empty file" problem you are seeing? If you get this issue before you are even using custard (ie the one that you exported fresh from the game and got it) then I don't think it's a custard issue, but I'd need more details.

Scholar
#22 Old 6th May 2010 at 8:39 AM
Hi Delphy,

The warning message was post custard. The message was after I had used custard and uploaded the file. The download section of the page listed the rar with a 0 file size and then below that list the actual file size and there would be a message "Warning this package may contain empty files". Originally the three lot rars were okay (one was already accepted in the download section and the other two were in the moderation queue) but I moved them from my account to a team account and after uploading them via the team account was when I first got the empty file warning. I exported the lots many times from the game but kept getting that message after running it through custard and uploading to MTS. The only time I didn't receive the empty file warning was when I didn't run the sims3pack through custard. I took the lots out of my game and downloaded them from the upload rars that were giving the warning message. The lots loaded into my game okay. I don't know why these lots were triggering that message once uploaded after going through custard, especially since I didn't have that problem with my first upload files. The back and forth over these files is in my creator issues thread dated 4/19.

suzetter
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th May 2010 at 7:23 AM
Sounds like it's a problem with the Sims3Pack code here on MTS, in conjunction with the XML that Custard produces. I'll look into it, thanks.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th May 2010 at 9:43 PM
Okay, I've updated CUSTARD to fix a bunch of bugs. The XML output and resulting Sims3Pack was just plain wrong before. So hopefully this version should be better

Test Subject
#25 Old 14th May 2010 at 11:26 PM
Thanks I'll try it.
Page 1 of 23