Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 1281 times. | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 5:13 AM
Default Compressing stairs
I'm trying to recreate a house plan, and the second floor connects to the main through a set of U-shaped stairs. Now, I looked through the tutorials for U-shaped stairs, but the type I need isn't there. This is what I ended up doing:

As you can see, the second portion of the staircase extends into a 1x4 area (landing included). I want it to fit into a 1x3 area (so that it doesn't extend beyond the wall behind it).

Does anybody know if there a way to make stairs... steeper, I guess is the word I'm looking for?

The Pleasantview Files, an online information site for my Pleasantview legacy.
Advertisement
Moderator of Madness
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 5:22 AM
There are tons of tutorials on making u shaped stairs in the Tutorials:Stairs_Tutorialswiki Based on your pic your only trying to do it with the stage which can only give you 1 tile height for your landing. To make it with the landing at different heights you will need to use the cfe cheat.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 5:27 AM
'Kay, thanks! Will go through the tutorials again at a later date and try to fix it up. I really want this house to work - it's just this staircase that's bugging me.

The Pleasantview Files, an online information site for my Pleasantview legacy.
Closed Thread

Section jump