Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1172 times.
Miss BHAVing
staff: retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:11 PM
Default Turning a mesh without editing the mesh itself
I have an object - a stack of envelopes - where I am reusing the Base Game mesh for the stack of bills (saves on download folder space and artistic talent, both of which are in short supply where I am!!). When it is placed on a table the mesh is the wrong way around for my liking so I would quite like to turn it.

On the left: What I have, on the Right: What I want.

Remembering Numenor's tutorial here, I decided that I should be able to do so without actually touching the mesh at all and thus continue to reference the original mesh and just update the CRES in my object.

Remembering what I learned from Jasana when doing custom cameras (which I captured in this picture)

I decided I would need to set Rotation: Z=1 and Angle=90 in the cTransformNode on the Practical block - the one that is the cShapeRefNode.

However, this made no difference at all to my object - am I going about this the wrong way?

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Advertisement
Queue Concierge
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 8:43 PM
It sounds like the right changes being made. I notice in the thread by Numenor he says to change all nodes connected to the root. Which is slightly different than I am used to with slots, since they are relative to the root location.

Also, did you rebuy the object? CRES changes are affected when first bought, they won't change on an object already on a lot.
Miss BHAVing
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 10:49 PM
I noticed that in Numenor's tutorial too and tried that as well - to no avail.

I am reinitialising the object because it is not bought, but created part way through an interaction.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 7:56 AM
In GMDC view go to the model and joints tabs and click rebuild. I think that may sort it.
Miss BHAVing
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 11:41 AM
I don't have a GMDC as I'm referencing the mesh rather than including it in the package.

Section jump