Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vintage Barbie Collection: Suburban Shopper

by nichellerj Posted 23rd Feb 2010 at 7:42 PM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 1:22 AM
I've never seen this one before, but downloading it because your skins so far have been awesome!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:40 AM
Oooh so pretty and well done. I'm not much of a Barbie fan, but now I'm a fan of this dress. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:41 AM
that dress is beautiful very well done.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:07 AM
That's a really cute dress! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:54 AM
That is sooo cute! I'm a big barbie fan (I recommend downloading Stefen's sim version to go with these outifts). Keep up the fantastic job!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:13 AM Last edited by SeasonofTheWitch : 24th Feb 2010 at 11:35 AM.
I LOVE this series!! I too am an aging baby boomer and love my vintage Barbie's and all the fabulous clothing, accessories and furniture I have. Some from my childhood, some purchased off eBay.

I haven't snagged the others I've seen yet, but off to do that this morning. Thank you VERY much. This was a great idea.

And, are you taking requests???

Edited to remove question that was answered in your overview.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:10 PM
Thank you everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by SeasonofTheWitch
And, are you taking requests???

Usually I don't take requests as I can't promise to get them fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time. If you have any suggestions though, I would love to hear them! It doesn't mean I'll make it, but you never know... :D

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:21 PM
I love your vintage Barbie stuff. I was wondering, do you think you will make the classic black and white swim suit? I would love to have that in my game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by videokid1109
I love your vintage Barbie stuff. I was wondering, do you think you will make the classic black and white swim suit? I would love to have that in my game!

Eventually, yes!

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 4:06 AM
Oh god I have this dress but I modded it to fit my boy doll <3 I dress that doll in all the vintage barbie clothes I can get my hands on. would you ever be interested in making these kinds of outfits for male sims?

....I hope this doesnt upset you...I sometimes upset barbie collecters by accident T-T
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by metalheadneko
Oh god I have this dress but I modded it to fit my boy doll <3 I dress that doll in all the vintage barbie clothes I can get my hands on. would you ever be interested in making these kinds of outfits for male sims?

....I hope this doesnt upset you...I sometimes upset barbie collecters by accident T-T

I won't be, but feel free to use the textures to convert them! :D

Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:09 AM
I know you like the vintage Barbies best, but by any chance could I convince you to do the Sun Jeweled Barbie bikini from the mid-90s? The one with the huge rhinestone chest thing and the pear-shaped dangle on the bottom. It was always one of my favorite outfits, i used it so much I wore out the straps, they were all stretched out and curled up.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nichellerj

I won't be, but feel free to use the textures to convert them! :D

cool! now all i have to do is figure out exactly what convert means, and learn to mesh ^_^ yay *runs off to play with milkshape*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by metalheadneko
cool! now all i have to do is figure out exactly what convert means, and learn to mesh ^_^ yay *runs off to play with milkshape*

Convert... just copy/paste the texture files onto another mesh basically. I'm sure there are meshes out there already that you can use.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nichellerj
Thank you everyone!
Usually I don't take requests as I can't promise to get them fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time. If you have any suggestions though, I would love to hear them! It doesn't mean I'll make it, but you never know... :D

Thank you for the reply!

I have just a few 'suggestions' - take them or leave them:

Apple Print Sheath
Swingin' Easy (also called Lets Dance - came in blue and green)
Dinner at Eight http://z.about.com/d/collectdolls/1...EDITbubble8.jpg

Whatever you decide to do, KEEP 'EM COMING! This is a great trip down memory lane. Makes me want to pull all my dolls out and dress them up!
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 10:21 PM
It's so pretty. I'm glad you posted this up.
Instructor
#18 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:12 AM
ha! i love this! my mom used to have this one on like a midge or francie doll that she kept!

wonderful job!

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:03 AM
love it i just know im going to incorporate it into sally (my sims) look.. now if only i could use this in one of my sntm (sims next top models) looks.. i will probably have a 6o's shoot seeing this.. actually you have inspired me to do a 60's barbies photoshoot well thank you so much i will be sure yo get you a front pager so you know it is yours!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:55 AM
i have this barbie, she is made of silk stone and is really special. So i LOVE this dress and am downloading now. thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:46 PM
Very beautiful and elegant! i really like your vintage barbie designs.