Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:28 PM
Yeah, Skylar's daughter with Nina (Jody) turned out all right. I think it's Chloe's face that did it.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:10 PM
But most of those pretty sims produce offspring that are uselessly lazy and sloppy. I would much rather have a hood with a lot of hard-working sims than the can't-move-my-ass-cause-I'm-too-pretty sims. I get some satisfaction making them work the gardens in their underwear or pretty dresses for many hours while my game is in ultra-speed.

But then I have been very surprised when a kid of two highly active parents comes out at the extreme end of lazy, even when they aged in platinum/high gold moods. Guess who won't be sent to college, kid.
#28 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:19 PM
The trouble is that can`t-move-my-ass-`cause-I`m-too-pretty Sims and Sims that are actually pretty are often NOT the same Sim! Heck, from what I`ve seen, they`re RARELY the same Sim! [For that matter, that`s sometimes the case IRL, too.] I was just commenting that, despite common wisdom to the contrary, in my game, the best-looking Sims are amongst the very descendants of Townies that everyone keeps warning about. [OMG! Fugly Townies! Run for the hills!] Their personality doesn`t affect how they LOOK.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Inventor
#29 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:29 PM
I play one house until the first sim in the house (or couple) die of old age (adults in my game only last 40 days, elders from 10-20 days) and all their kids have moved to uni. i don't play any of my sim kids after they go to uni until i've gone through all the houses and sent all the kids of "that generation" to uni then play 8 sims at a time at uni until they all graduate, that way all the kids become adults at the same time.
Scholar
#30 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:42 PM
LOL Look at supersimoholic gettin' us back on topic!

I like the reasoning behind your method, but it would drive me nuts.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:17 PM
I plan on having Dustin Broke and Angela Pleasant attend college. They are one day apart.

I can have them move to college right before they age-transition to Adults. When they go back to Pleasantville, I can move them back with their respective families. Or I can move Dustin back, and the next "day" have Angela move in with him, they get married, etc. Or...I can move them both back, and just stop aging for Angela for one day.

I'm so finicky about that.

Or I can just say "screw it" and have them the same age. *shrugs*
Scholar
#32 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:46 PM
No, keep the day. FGJ!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 10:41 PM
I just can't play households in equal rotations. I think it reminds me too much of my dad screaming at us if we didn't eat around the plate and take the same number of bites from each food!

Actually, I think what really cured me of the need to be picky about age was Sims 3. I got so irritated about sims dropping like flies right when I was going to do something with them that I felt much better about the lot-to-lot time warp.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 11:37 PM
Why can't Sims 3 features be implimented into the Sims 2.... it would make life so much easier LOL
Instructor
#35 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 12:37 AM
I only play in rotation and that's the main reason why I don't like Sims 3. I keep a list of all the families in the neighborhood and check them off the list when I've played them for their 5 days (a season). At the start of a new rotation I send all the teens to college, at the end of the rotation they all graduate from college and move back into the neighborhood. I do this just so I won't have any sims getting older than their parents or older siblings.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
It is a very bad thing to age up townie children with that method though, because their aspiration will never be picked and it could lead to potential borkage.

oh, really?? I aged up a townie child like that once, his aspiration is displayed as grow up, but all his wants seem to fit with romance

he hasnt borked yet...

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 10:22 AM
When I do my rotation, if a Sim in one household is about to age-transition, I play my other families to catch them up.

To me, college is what I'd call "parenthetical" since normally Sims go from teen to adult. I'll go ahead and play the college Sims and just leave the other families be until they graduate.
Scholar
#38 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amyandmia
oh, really?? I aged up a townie child like that once, his aspiration is displayed as grow up, but all his wants seem to fit with romance

he hasnt borked yet...

And? I've had children who display the desire for a knowledge aspiration...a family aspiration...it doesn't mean that an aspiration is 'picked' internally, it is just an overflow of all the wants that your sim now has access to as a teen.

But sure, go ahead..age up more townie children with Maxis' borked method.
Page 2 of 2