Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:55 AM
Default Sims 2 lot fixing problems
I have a lot made for me by my friend as a gift. I am 13 today. I am a teen now. My friend made me this lot for my birthday! Because I turned a year older today!
On this lot my friend made I noticed on one or two floors that I couldn't do much with because the roof was low. the roof on the lot my friend made me because I am a year older today. it was low. that roof in the lot my friend made me.
So how can I delete the roof in the lot my friend made for me because I am a year older today and fix this and make a new roof for the lot. my friend made me the lot. Also how can I fix the lag on my sims game? I got myself the sims game for my birthday because I am a year older. that is what I did. I used my own money. To buy the sims. Now I want to fix the lot my friend gave me the problem with the lot my friend gave me is the roof is too low on one or two floors. one or two floors of the lot my friend made me has a low roof and I want to fix it. I want to fix the low room and the lag.
Advertisement
Banned
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 5:59 AM
i downloaded a neighborhood that looked like it came with lots but when i downloaded it to downloads like your site tell me to do the site you made here i can't see the lots or nothing for them
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:54 AM
Wait so... you're not a year older today, are you? It's unclear from your post... And who made you the lot? Was it your friend? Cos you were really vague on that too.
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:37 PM
The lag is usually caused by a computer that is trying to run more than it can handle. Some custom content is very high poly, and will contribute to lag. Large lots full of sims contribute to lag. Running other programs in the background contribute to lag. And having a computer that doesn't have the required system specs will contribute to lag.

To remove a roof, go into build mode and click on the roof icon. Then go up until you can see the roof. Control-click on it and you can remove it. (Control-click removes anything across an area in build mode. You can remove floors and walls with it too.) Then experiment with the roof tools to make a new roof, or just use the auto-roof. If you are trying to use floor area on the top story you will find that the roof is too low unless you are 4 squares into the building, due to the design of the roof. You can avoid this by using gables. (The little house-shaped things in the roof menu. Park them on the top story along the edge of the roof.)

I don't know which neighborhood you downloaded, but most of them need to have the lots downloaded separately.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:48 AM
yeah but i'm not high and my name isn't poly
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:55 AM
Info on poly counts and what "high poly" means can be found here: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...elp:Poly_Counts
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:22 PM
I can count fine and stop calling me poly!~
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:28 PM
Do you really have nothing better to do than waste our time with this stuff? Really? You couldn't volunteer at an animal shelter, help old ladies across the street, or go play outside in the sunshine? THIS is what you choose to spend your time doing?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:45 PM
I know it's hard here all day you call people names on the playground and they run crying or give you stuff. well I'm sorry kiddo but that won't happen with me. So you just run along before you miss the 'spechul buz' and mommy has to miss work to take you to skool. I don't think it's nice of you to make her get in trouble with her pimp. she might lose her job and she needs it to feed your lazy worthless ass
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 12:46 PM
Dude I would LOVE to have a short bus. I'd paint it hot pink and purple and put a bar and a hot tub in the back.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 1:16 PM
Seeing the title administrator , number of post and thank you's would indicate that they know what they are talking about. Seeing your response to someone helping you is an indication that more people should use condoms.
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 1:29 PM
Nice, cdanon.

To those that are wondering, this user is, undoubtedly, the same as this one, who has been banned numerous times for exactly this: asks a question, gets a valid answer, immediately accuses the person answering of being a liar and gets insulting. This time, I've decided it's more fun to screw with them than to ban them, though they have been very helpful in populating our IP ban list with proxy servers. :P

Scholar
#13 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:06 PM
HP, this is actually disturbingly hilarious. I love watching people make complete fools out of their already-idiotic selves. I'm sad for you, though, that you have to spend so much time keeping track of what they're doing.
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:25 PM
Well, eventually my patience wears thin and I decide it's more fun to screw with them than to ban them. They've also got a thread in Help too - feel free to screw with them too! Everybody can play! Fun for the whole family!
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:29 PM
That's just too tempting.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:27 PM
Its really sad.
My game works and I find a lot of answers between MTS and MATY. I dont have to pay a fee for it and what I learn someone has taken the time and consideration to write.
MTS has even added a panel on the front page with 'pictures' to help people find their way about.
Is very simple, if a person has time to write so much trash they have to time to read.
I can honestly understand how it would make a 'mod' hostile. I can honestly understand why JMP responds on MATY like he does. Five or six years into this, trying to help the populace with the same BS coming up time after time would cause Mother Teressa to wield a chainsaw. I dont imagine this sharing of expertise is profitable, I think it is done because they are actually very kind people. Trash talk for some reason irks me.
Scholar
#17 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 1:29 PM
Well, I don't claim to be a computer-science major or a website admin, but I find my way around any site easily enough. I'm not sure which mod here was responsible for the 'posting for idiots' screen that pops up before you start a new thread, but it's amazing. I love it.

And the new menu on the home page. OMG, that's the best idea anybody's ever had.

(I <3 Meeki's new avatar. It's awesome. More awesome than Meeki-chasing. )
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdanon
Seeing your response to someone helping you is an indication that more people should use condoms.

Best reply!