Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:36 AM
Default Stool wont move for sims to sit on it
Hi

This ins't my work, but am wondering if someone could look at it to see what is wrong. I like the Set alot, but the Stool when sims sit, stays out and the sims sit on nothing. I am not a Modder and have no idea where to look.

Also, looking in SIMPE, it comes up as a blue star in the Category, which I assume, Custom Content does not.

The Creator has on her site the message : NOTICE: I no longer make stuff for the Sims. I may come back some day... If there are any issues, updates or otherwise needed on my objects or body meshes I'm afraid you are on your own. Feel free to recolor and post wherever you want... but I would still appreciate the credit for the meshes. Thanks!

Help would be good, as it looks bad when in game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SHANNANISIMS_PirateCoveSet_BarStool_MESH.zip (38.1 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:59 AM Last edited by moune999 : 4th Mar 2010 at 9:10 AM.
The creator probably imported the mesh without attaching the joints. It shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Extract mesh with joints. Attach to joints. Reimport with joints.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 9:06 AM
I am sorry, but you lost me.

I have no idea what the Mesh is (is it the one with the folder icon in SimPe.?
And I tried some of the other files that say mesh... but none have Extract with...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 1:03 PM
The mesh is in the GMDC. But if you're not used to working with meshes, this might be a slightly complicated operation to start out with. You need MilkShape and WesHowe's UniMesh plug-ins to get the joints attached.

If you make sure the original creator won't mind a new version of the stool being posted here, I'll do the operation. I just want to be sure I don't get crucified for it. What you quoted above only refers to posting recolors anywhere, and some creators are fiercely territorial about these things.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:08 PM
The creator is from TSR, any item fixed will not be uploadable here. Currently they are free but can go pay at any time.

Moune you are welcome to fix the mesh though if you like. I just ask that all attachments be removed from this thread when done.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:36 PM
Actually, if it's a TSR mesh I'd rather not have anything to do with improving it. Just a principle, you know.

Sorry, imdareaper. Why not ask over at TSR instead, since that's where it came from.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:29 AM
I have asked over there and no one replies... which is usual for TSR, I ask people questions and no one ever replies, even to creators about objects.

Thats why I like here better, at least will get answered.

And this object was just for me... I have deleted so many objects that I liked but were someway faulty.