Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 9493 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 3:29 AM
Default Process Monitor
I have downloaded the process monitor and the filter, I have tried to run it a couple of times but it comes up blank each time. I have Sims 3, World Adventures and High End Loft installed and all patches. Am I trying to run it in the wrong game (High End Loft)? My game runs so slow it is driving me crazy. I used the Dashboard and it caught a lot of things, but it is still slow, so I thought I would try the process monitor also. Can someone help me with this?
Advertisement
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:06 AM
Have you read this Game_Help:Package_File_Lagwiki?
The step-by-step instructions on using ProcMon there, didn't help? Which step were you stuck at?

You have confirmed it is CC issue in \Mods\Packages by moving CC out or disabling the framework (MonkeyBars can do this for you) and run a new game CC-free? Follow steps here Game_Help:Sims_3_Loading_Crasheswiki to do that.

And have ruled out hardware - your computer meet the specs?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:43 PM
Yes I have checked everything. When I tried to run the process monitor it comes up blank, it doesn't show any files. That's why I was thinking that maybe I am loading the wrong game. Its for the WA expansion pack, which I have, but I ran it on the HEL stuff pack. Do I need to run it on WA in order for it to get the files? Thanks.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 10:20 PM
You'll need to switch the filter in Process Monitor to TS3SP01.exe rather than TS3EP01.exe

Filter > Filter > Process Name is TS3SP01.exe

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 4:05 PM
Thank you very much I will try this.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:46 PM
I'm having the same problem and was wondering if that means the the WA ProcMon registry filter is now obsolete?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:51 PM
Zennia - Not really - it just needs a slight modification (like I said) to work. Modifying the existing filter is easier than creating a new one. And there's plenty of people who just have WA and not HELS that can still use it without any modification.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:16 AM
Hi Hysterical, I tried what you said about adding the ts3sp01.exe and still have the same results. It used to work for me prior to Hels but i don't know what i'm doing wrong. I followed the directions word for word. As a matter of fact I copy and pasted the user instructions for Procmon from the help section of mts2 and kept the page open, double checking the instructions for each step and still am not having any luck.

I did do something and was wondering if this would be causing the problem and that is i had redownloaded procmon and the procmon filter and reinstalled the filter because i thought it might have been updated and so, would installing the filter more than once into the registry cause a problem? Do the filters overwrite each other or is another registry adjustment created so that if a person reinstalled the filter several times, would you have several new files added to the registry?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 9:28 PM
So does anyone know if the procmon filter overwrites older filter versions in the registry or does it create a new one each time you reinstall the filter?

Also I was wondering if anyone can please tell me what the registry address is for the filter so i can check it myself and see whats going on?
#10 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 9:58 PM
If the ProcMon filter is shipped in a .reg file, the new one should over-write any previously installed ones for that user account on your computer, and, depending on where the ProcMon filter is stored in the registry, possibly for ALL users on that computer. As I don`t happen to have the ProcMon filter handy to look at, I cannot say for sure.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia
Also I was wondering if anyone can please tell me what the registry address is for the filter so i can check it myself and see whats going on?

".reg" files are clear-text. Load the file in NotePad and read it.

Cheers.

(edit: misquote)

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
#12 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 10:09 PM
Yeah, I would have done that myself, but I don`t happen to *have* the file.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:21 AM
Ok, that was easy enough...found the address, not that I understood much except it looks like the filters overwrite each other with every installation, which I assume is good.

But that still doesn't solve my problem which is I execute procmon, enter and exit the game and then check procmon according to instructions but when I get to this part.....

Step 11 - Examine Logs: In Process Monitor, go to the Tools menu > File Summary. It may take a few moments to do this. Maximize the "File Summary" window that comes up and click the By Extension tab. Click on the + sign by "package" to expand it, and expand the "Extension" column so you can see the file names. Then click on the "Total" column so it will sort by number of times accessed.

There is no +sign and no package to click on in the extension column, and i've replayed that scenario a few times to be sure I didn't skip a step and still its not working. Can someone help please, I really need to use this program if I want to play with CC, which I do.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:32 AM
After playing around with the process a few times, I saw a problem and not sure why it's happening but this is what I noticed....

I'll just repeat the basic steps taken...

I redownloaded and installed Procmon and Procmon filter which seems to have been updated, at least that is what's indicated when I try to overwrite the old files.

So, I started Procmon and added *TS3SP01.exe* to Process Name is TS3SP01.exe include, then add, then apply, then clicked ok, then closed the program.
Then restarted the program and noticed TS3SP01.exe is there so I clicked cancel and then clicked on Filter, then Load Filter Sims3/WA filter, that being the only option, then before going into the game I clicked on Filter in the toolbar then filter and TS3SP01.exe isn't there anymore. I tried a couple different things and what it seems is TS3SP01.exe is there until I Load Filter Sims3/WA filter and for some reason it delete's TS3SP01.exe.

What I don't understand is why it seems i'm the only one with this problem among thousands of players since no one else is complaining about it.

What am I missing?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:57 AM
Oh man, the answer was right in my face this whole time, it's what Hysterical said

"You'll need to switch the filter in Process Monitor to TS3SP01.exe rather than TS3EP01.exe

Filter > Filter > Process Name is TS3SP01.exe"

Sigh, I'm really sorry for the trouble. I got it to work doing what she said. Thanks for your time.

Section jump