Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 7:51 PM
Default The ghost hunting career
What do you think of the new ghost hunting career? How do you think it will work? Will it use existing ghosts in the town, or will the game generate new ghosts specifically for you to "bust"?

While ghost hunting sounds like it could be pretty cool, I know that a lot of people, including myself, enjoy the presence of ghosts in their town. I wouldn't want to get rid of them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:24 PM
I think it's a little bit useless, but cool nonetheless. This would have made more sense in TS2 when ghosts were actually a problem (and sometimes a deadly one at that). But any sim can talk to ghosts now and they're just like regular sims. They have jobs and families and actually contribute to households. I dunno, I guess this would kinda be useful for coward sims who faint at the sight of ghosts :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:21 PM
i think it would have to generate them for it to actually work. If not, then they would run out of ghost and not be able to have a job a ghost buster.

Call me Sasha
Funny how when your a kid, you dream about your future and when you are an adult, you dream about going back to when you were a kid.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:47 PM
maybe ghosts will become more of a problem ? if you look at the ambitions trailer there seems to be lots of ghosts all in a house of some sort, so maybe they will haunt you ? or if you buy a new house it could already be infested with ghosts !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zak_1161
maybe ghosts will become more of a problem ?!

I hope not. I enjoy collecting sim souls. Maybe it's only generated ghosts that cause problems... Like, maybe there are random ghost attacks on houses where multiple ghosts will appear and wreak havoc on the lot.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:20 PM
Perhaps it might work like the lightening storm scenario from Sims 2 base game that was sorta left out... where, when you move into a lot, it asks if you're up for the challenge of 'ghostbusting' the house. Though that'd only really work once, and only on your home lot... Hmm, I'm interested in how this career will work. Could be great though!
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:27 PM
I suspect these careers are all meant to encourage players to interact with neighbours, so I expect neighbours will offer opportunities - call outs, if you will - and randomly spawned (period-dressed?) ghosts will spawn in their homes. Thats an estimate based on the Q&A and the images. Could be way off the mark.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:35 PM
Thats what i'm thinking call-outs with spawned ghosts.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:21 AM
I think it'd be a good idea that if a Sim with say a "evil" trait dies that they become a ghost that's a really nasty piece of work. Or, say, an "outdoorsy" sim would haunt the outside of the house and scare the neighbours, and a computer whiz ghost could fry the PCs.

Its one of the things I miss about TS2, that ghosts can just be friendly sorts that you can hang out with as opposed to scary floaty chaps.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:39 AM
Actually a computer whiz ghost wouldn't fry it, a technophobe ghost would.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrianChambers
Actually a computer whiz ghost wouldn't fry it, a technophobe ghost would.

It would if they were a b@stard! Heheh.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:28 PM
I had a Sim who's house was on a burial ground. The ghosts would shake the fridge and the bed, eat his food, read his books and leave them around. Ghostbusters would have been handy for him.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 12:23 AM
Hmmmm. It seems that I have yet to move in a home that is haunted by ghosts. Infact the only way I ever see one is by visting the graveyard. wonder Whats with that? sorry if off subject
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:23 AM
Its a random event when you move in to a Furnished house.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:52 AM
Maybe only ghosts who are around sims who they were with in their lives would be like regular sims but when the rest of the family dies/moves and the ghost stays on the lot when another family moves in, they would cause a problem for them. And then who are you gonna call? GHOST BUSTERS!
Theorist
#16 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 5:40 PM
I remember reading somewhere (Can't remember which article sorry) that besides like catching the ghosts haunting neighbors homes you also have to help them finish an old piece of unfinished business or something like that.... Like you would have to do something for them so they can rest in piece

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:28 PM
Maybe they make Poltergeists to be busted?

Either way, I want to play the Ghostbusters Theme while having a sim bust some ghosts. :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brutuz
Maybe they make Poltergeists to be busted?

Either way, I want to play the Ghostbusters Theme while having a sim bust some ghosts. :D

more paranormal activity... *rubs hands*

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:09 PM
Ghost Hunters, sims 3 style.
xD
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I remember reading somewhere (Can't remember which article sorry) that besides like catching the ghosts haunting neighbors homes you also have to help them finish an old piece of unfinished business or something like that.... Like you would have to do something for them so they can rest in piece

Oh yeah, it could be like those quests in France where you have to move remains around or fetch pomegranates for the ghost I just hope it will be slightly cooler than fetch quests, though.