|Search this Thread|
|22nd Jul 2012, 01:59 PM||Frankensteining: combining 3 meshparts as an outfit #1|
I am working on a new Frankenstein project - I want to create a partly transparent swim dress. I use the second mesh group as the transparent mesh. I have no problems with that mesh so far, it's the first mesh group that causes trouble.
The first mesh group consists of three different frankensteined meshparts. I have difficulties with the frankensteining process...
I want to create a full female body mesh out of two different tops and a nude bottom mesh.
I used Cmar's Mesh Toolkit (version 0.0.6.0) to adjust the morphs of each different mesh part (that went well), then I wanted to combine them with the FrankenMesh option but the Mesh toolkit gave an error that more than 60 bones are used and the mesh would be distorted. I then combined them manually in Milkshape and then renumbered the vertices with Wes's Vertex ID autonum tool, starting with 5000 for outfits. I'm not sure I did that right, I have never done this before but the tool said everything went okay... It still doesn't work, the mesh explodes in TSRW. I don't know if I'm just missing something or did something wrong...
|22nd Jul 2012, 02:49 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2009
imo you still can not combine parts of diffrent morphs GEOMS into one.(occasionally it does work but 80/90% gives you deformation on the morphs.)
You either use diffrent meshgroups for them or redo the morphs.
I believe CMAR is working on some magnets to easily change a duplicate into a morph shape.
|22nd Jul 2012, 03:08 PM||#3|
Ah, thanks, good to know! I will try another mesh, then. Those Morph Magnets do sound interesting indeed
|22nd Jul 2012, 03:38 PM||#4|
Probably the problem is exactly what Mesh Toolkit said - TSRW and the game can't handle more than 60 bones in a mesh. The semi-final version of Toolkit which I hope will be approved this weekend includes a function to eliminate unused bones so that may help. If there are still too many bones you'll have to split the mesh into two parts. IMO this is at least partly why Bloom and others have had bad results combining meshes and morphs in the past and why EA splits a lot of full body meshes into lod1 and lod1_1 etc.
The new version of Toolkit includes the Auto-morph Bloom mentioned but the limit on number of bones still applies.
|23rd Jul 2012, 02:34 PM||#5|
Thanks! This explains why EA uses additional mesh groups in the first place.
I'll keep that bone number limit in mind when Frankensteining in the future.
And I will definitely download the new version of the Toolkit