Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Excitable Idles/Crying Baby Idles/No Martial Arts Idles (UPDATED for GENERATIONS)

by Rainbow_Brite Posted 11th Mar 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 10th Jun 2011 at 12:58 AM by Rainbow_Brite

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:35 PM
Aw, but I always clap and cheer after woohoo. Thank you!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:46 PM
Haha, was considering uploading this one myself with a few other variations, like stomping the martial arts idle as well since they're all in the same XML. Ah well.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:31 PM
I like my excited sims! Clap, clap, Yahoo! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saikatsu
Haha, was considering uploading this one myself with a few other variations, like stomping the martial arts idle as well since they're all in the same XML. Ah well.

I actually wrote you at MATY about this mod lol but I never heard back from you If you want me to add more versions.. I would be happy too! Just let me know which ones you want edited out
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 5:29 AM
Is this compatible with the original game?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:48 AM
*cries tears of joy* Every single one of my sims does this. It doesn't matter if they're excitable or not. I couldn't stand it! It's almost as bad as the coughing-while-eating animation! Thank you so much for this!

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:57 PM Last edited by suzetter : 12th Mar 2010 at 1:57 PM. Reason: typo
Thank you. Drives me nuts when my sims do this (especially when for no reason other than idleness). WT...?! Great idea. Much appreciated.
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:10 PM
Thank you for this!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:12 PM
Indeed. This is so annoying!
Thank yo so much for this mod!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:07 PM
Okay wow I never even noticed I had any PMs over there, I am fail.

The only other idle I've found irritating enough to want to remove is the previously mentioned one that comes with having the martial arts skill. I forget what the entry is called but you should be able to locate it easily by doing a Find for "martial". Might be worth including a version for this, since it's the same file and I do know of one that removes ONLY that over at CrazyTown.
Scholar
#12 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:45 AM
YES!! this was the most annoying gripe of mine since the base game, hell it's almost worst than M&G idles. thank you so much for the fix.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 7:21 AM
and i quote: "sheema, sheema WOOHOO!", me being excited...lol
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 5:32 PM
Thank you for this mod! I was waiting for this many time!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 1:31 AM
Welcome!! :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 4:42 AM
Great! Just what I've been after Thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:58 PM
finally i've got this, its really annoying those autonom, they sceam like an idiot
thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:21 AM
Thanks so much, at least the parents or teen siblings know what to do with a crying baby and or toddler, and will do it promptly. Oh but I just hate that the baby sitters won't do anything about the poor starving crying baby and or toddler, it's starving and all the dumb baby sitter will do is just stand there like the idiot that they are, with his or her ears covered, and do nothing! I spend 75 bucks for you to watch the kid(s) so I can go to work or have some time off or such and I can't even do that! I have to come back early to do what you can’t/won’t and should do! Hello, feed that child you idiot, before the social worker comes, and maybe just maybe the baby or toddler will stop crying, and you can go back to being useless and watching TV, and pretending to do a good job just before I come home!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:17 AM
I have a babysitters mod posted that forces them to check on the baby/toddler more often so they will be more efficient
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:18 PM
Hey, do you know is this mod is compatible with 'No Stupid Idle Faces' mod ? Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by demuredoll
Hey, do you know is this mod is compatible with 'No Stupid Idle Faces' mod ? Thanks

I don't think so but can you please upload the file to mediafire and post the link here so I can look at the mod and see if the same files are used? Thanks
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbow_Brite
I don't think so but can you please upload the file to mediafire and post the link here so I can look at the mod and see if the same files are used? Thanks

Ty

HA HA HA WOOHOO! xD
Forum Resident
#23 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:08 PM
Thank [insert appropriate deity] for people like you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 1:31 PM
It's not fully working if another Sim is invited over on my lot. In this case my Sim still tends to excite. Also my Sim still excites after cooking a meal and putting down the plate on the counter and during walking to the TAXI for a ride or while going down a stair on its end. When I give the command to greet another Sim, my Sim still reacts with exciting in the idle time before the routing to this other Sim is applied. Also I note that it doesn't apply on the other Sims around me but that's fine. Maybe you can upgrade it since the remaining excitements of my Sims drive me crazy. They cry and clapping like monkeys IPNI FIPSOTOY! and JEEMA-JEEMA JUHU! and other kinds. Anyway thanks for this it tunes the excitements down significantly.
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:47 PM
Hi, I downloaded this mod because the woohoo yelling and the clapping happy sims do drives me insane. However, this mod seems to either conflict with mods that perform autonomous actions or simply not work as it should. I have several autonomous mods, including a Romance mod, plumbing, gardening and bills. The bills mod seems to work fine, I don't know about the romance, gardening or the plumbing mod though.

However, my sims just get stuck idling. At first you can tell them to perform actions or walk somewhere, but at some point any action you tell them will immediately disappear, and they will stand looking aloof. They will attempt to perform actions but cannot move and are stuck where they stand. They are after direct installation before the idle part also unable to perform actions on their own.

I am currently running Ambitions with a 4.something version. This could also be a possible cause although I don't see why. I use no other mods that would somehow be able to affect this kind of action of my sims.
Page 1 of 2