Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Real animated Newton's Cradle!

by eletrodj Posted 14th Mar 2010 at 9:17 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2011 at 5:34 PM by eletrodj

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:43 PM
This is so cool! LOL I can sit and watch a real one for hours - now by simmies can too! Thank you
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:43 PM
Ah, I like the Big Bang Theory reference! And, these are pretty awesome.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 9:48 PM
I love it!! The only question is how I'm ever going to get my Sims to stop staring at it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:07 PM
Awesome! I love all your stuff, and this is a fabulous new addition

Don't wanna be an American Idiot!
WOO GREEN DAY!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:11 PM
Wow, this is so awesome...I have no clue how you were able to do this but it looks amazing! Adds another little real life element which I love! I love animated objects!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:21 PM
hahaha, great
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 12:27 AM
wow, animated, cool work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 12:31 AM
Cool beans!!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:20 AM
So awesome, DJ! Thanks!
I'm downloading it right now!!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:24 AM
What a neat item - anims are hard to do, so a big well done on this. I think I will use it for my executive sim.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:31 AM
This: check; Fibre optic lamp: check; grape lamp: check; now all I need is one of the spheres with the "electricity" in it and I can recreate my aunt's house. She had all these neat little gadgets, so this is kind of nostalgic for me.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 10:28 AM
I love Newton's cradles so much, I am completely amazed and delighted that there is a beautifully animated one for my game. Thanks very much and great work
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 2:57 PM
This is great.... I saw this thing often in the science musuem

My Profile at TSR--My Sims2 blog
An eternal cycle, falling and rising, rebirth and death. The hopeful and the greedy give rise to the city we observe.
We share its misfortune. We balance when the scales tip. But we do not grieve for the fallen.
- Keeper Annals, History of the City
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 4:54 PM
This is incredible! Great work!

"That idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on."
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:07 AM
The animation works so great in the game, and I love it, but I can't seem to get it on any of my tables - desks, coffee tables, end tables... Haven't tried a dining table or a counter yet, but I am a little sad I cannot get this to chill out anywhere except on the ground. I have only the base game.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:53 PM
Too cool!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chasitykins
The animation works so great in the game, and I love it, but I can't seem to get it on any of my tables - desks, coffee tables, end tables... Haven't tried a dining table or a counter yet, but I am a little sad I cannot get this to chill out anywhere except on the ground. I have only the base game.

So weird, Chasitykins. I clonned from a sculpture from the game (the "wooden model") and there's a BHAV instructions for accept tables, desks, end tables, ground, even counters.

I tested with basegame only and works fine. Did you tried to put with moveobjects on? Then tell me if work. If don't I'll try to fix it for you.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eletrodj
So weird, Chasitykins. I clonned from a sculpture from the game (the "wooden model") and there's a BHAV instructions for accept tables, desks, end tables, ground, even counters.

I tested with basegame only and works fine. Did you tried to put with moveobjects on? Then tell me if work. If don't I'll try to fix it for you.

moveobjects on worked. Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chasitykins
moveobjects on worked. Thanks.

You're welcome.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 8:37 PM
Aww, this is so cool :D

:D

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:25 PM
So pretty Dj!!!Exelente como sempre!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 8:32 PM
Tanx! It really added to ny university
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:45 AM
Thanks so much! I was hoping that somebody would make something like this for my Sims to use in their home offices. :D

We're sorta like 7-11; we're not always doing business, but we're always open.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th May 2010 at 2:12 AM
haha i love these things! thanks
Page 1 of 2