Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I doth notte consider we're goeth unto be too picky - as longe as it's roughly in ye rightly time frame an style methinks it'll be fine.

Well the Medieval period ends just shy of the XIV century while the Renaissance ends just shy of the XVII century so nothing after 1650ish? It's a pity since I have created a lot of lots built in styles after that which I was hoping to include in a challenge but they don't fit and enough users have a hard enough time as it is distinguishing period from period on here. Oh well.
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#77 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 11:40 AM
This is a great excuse for me to finally start my Hogsmeade, I could do the Three Broomsticks!

I'll just hope Awesome will be updated so I can create it before the end of challenge...
Test Subject
#78 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 12:38 PM
I do wonder if the language switch about is like a medieval gizzoogler....
Forum Resident
#79 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 1:29 PM
Somehow i felt something like this will come, with all the medieval stuff showing up lately. Not that much of a fan of the medieval stuff, but i'm sure we'll see some great uploads, people with clear goals work harder hehe.
The language feels like the whole site is translated with babelfish though, but well it adds something funny to the challenge. Thought there would be an option to keep the upload texts in normal language at least, but i don't wanna funkiller here, so i bear with it

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Forum Resident
#80 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 1:45 PM
Yay! I'll have to be thinking on what or who to make!

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 2:16 PM
:giggle: I'm just here for all the Medieval accents. Cough-cough, I mean... I cometh to look upon thou language of mirth.
Test Subject
#82 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:02 PM
wow this is going to be fun!
Test Subject
#83 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:02 PM
talking like this makes me feel old
Field Researcher
#84 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:50 PM
MTS really puts so much work in this challenge. I think it's the first time here's a challenge and I'm here. But first it really scared me when everything changed and I just couldn't believe it. I am also not able to read the describtions and comments, because of the automatic correction(?). I know, english isn't my first language and now it all seems to be written in a strange way, like "dunno s0m3finq lik3 zat." - that's so crazy. xD
Go on.. Hope there will be a lot of great creations!
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:08 PM
Default New to Sims 2 & Challenge
New I am. Challenges alike, I accept for it is not in me to withdraw.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShineShine
MTS really puts so much work in this challenge. I think it's the first time here's a challenge and I'm here. But first it really scared me when everything changed and I just couldn't believe it. I am also not able to read the describtions and comments, because of the automatic correction(?). I know, english isn't my first language and now it all seems to be written in a strange way, like "dunno s0m3finq lik3 zat." - that's so crazy. xD
Go on.. Hope there will be a lot of great creations!

It's old english. I'm italian and also in difficult when reading the "old english"
I'm very happy for the return at normality, but I would have kept the medieval style graphics, the unique thing that not create problems in terms of understanding of the language.

"Cohen's an artist, says some. He's a Section Eight, says I. I've seen all kinds of cutthroats, freaks, and hard cases in my life, but Cohen, he's a real lunatic, a dyed-in-the-wool psychopath..."
―Atlas
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#87 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:42 PM
I really want to submit my new door/window set for (under??) the challenge. Stained glass falls into the right time period- BUT, what about the ones that are flowered? There are 12 textures altogether. The default is flowered and there are 4 more...the remaining 7 are religious. Does this set count?
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 12:02 AM
lol so convienent! I just finished the castle I was working on, and logged on to MTS to find this! :P
Field Researcher
#89 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 12:34 AM
I really want to do this challenge, but I'm just can't find any inspiration. Google Images it is... :D
Test Subject
#90 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 3:03 PM
so can we take "Renaissance" to go outlandish and also mean along the lines of the Harlem Renaissance?
Test Subject
#91 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 7:58 PM
I'm new, but may I enter the challenge? Also, does it matter if you use a free mesh if you are going to add interactions to the mesh?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#92 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 8:02 PM
Firestar - Not for this one, sorry - this means the original Renaissance and Medieval period.

grace - Of course you can enter if you're new. And whatever mesh you use, you need to have permission if you're using something someone else has made.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM
I'm looking forward to the results of this challenge. Will someone please consider the Celtic element? I would love to see some medieval kilts as well as what is needed for the women to add to their normal clothing to make it Celtic.
Test Subject
#94 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 1:55 PM
I Cant Create But Costom Worker Stuff Like Post Man And Fire Fighters Wood B Cool And Rabbietholes Wish I Could Lern How To Do It My Self
Site Helper
#95 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 9:46 PM
There are tutorials available in the Create section. Although for a rabbithole it would be easier to build a lot and then use one of Jynx's replacement rabbithole rugs from Custom Sims 3 or one of Melissa Mel's signs from here. Jynx did make a tutorial on how he made them, though. It's posted at CS3.

(The rugs fit most decor better, though.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#96 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:37 AM
Awesome I try to take part in it.
Sorry, i`m new Can you say how much works can be did for the challenge?
And about the dates: there is three days of moderation request passes before it has been approved. What if i did my work for the challege and posted it here only at the end of the time-limit? In 16th of april for example? Will my work take part in the challenge?
Scholar
#97 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 2:57 PM
Question: Are we limited to just European cultures, or are Islamic (Arab/Andalusian) and Orthodox (Byzantine/Rus) cultures included?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#98 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 3:30 PM
Victor_tor - You can submit as many things as you like. And as long as it's in the queue before the end of the challenge then it'll be eligible, even if it isn't approved until after the challenge ends.

Black_Barook! - As long as it's in a compatible time period and style, I don't see why not - those cultures tended to trade a lot of information and stuff around that time so there'll be some cross over.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 3:27 PM
I am building a lot for this challenge and I am looking for info on uploading CC downloaded from other "$ub$cription" sites as well as the EA store. I am trying to keep the CC to a minimum, but there are few things I would like to use. I haven't uploaded anything here in years, and I can't seem to find the guidelines/rules about this, so I wanted to double check. I don't want to put lots of effort into creating the lot for this challenge to find out that it will be rejected for having paid CC stuff in it, then have to change it all. Sorry if I'm pulling a Homer Simpson... I guess my old brain just isn't working properly.
Test Subject
#100 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 10:51 PM
Just submitted somthing!
I'm making more. ;D
Page 4 of 7