Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Robodl95 : 27th Mar 2010 at 5:48 PM.
Default Okay now what am I doing wrong??Still need help, anyone? Please!!!
So I'm trying my hand at some simple meshing/age conversions using CTU and Blender, I get the mesh fine for the most part but that's where I run into trouble

I've tried many times with different meshes (both hair and clothing) to change the mesh in CTU but it never works, it shows no changes were made!

I import the geom, edit, then I export the geom, is there some step I'm missing in there that would make my changes not show up in CTU?

I know that's there's a whole lot more than just doing the mesh edit but I would like to at least see what I'm doing!

So maybe I give some clarification, After I've loaded the exported geom into blender and I make my changes I go to export it says "Select original geom" and I'm kinda confused at what to do there and then I go and save it but the file doesn't show up in CTU I think I just confused you all as much as I am XD

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 6:47 AM
After a meshimport you always have to save your file and reload(reopen) it to see the results.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 10:44 AM
Are you exporting your new mesh as a .simgeom file? That's the only file format that CTU will recognise. If so, then as Base1980 says, after you've imported it into CTU, you need to save the package and then reopen it to see the new mesh - for some reason, CTU's 3D display will refresh to show your new textures on the fly, but will not show your new mesh until you've saved the file and then opened it again (I learned that the hard way, too!).
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 10:46 AM Last edited by Cocomama : 25th Mar 2010 at 11:09 AM.
I do not use Blender, but my guess is that when you export your edited mesh from Blender, you have to "Select original geom" to overwrite it?
That could explain why you do not see any changes, because your importing the original lod geom back in CTU.

And what Base1980 said, save your new package, close CTU. Than Start CTU and File->Open your new package to see your mesh change.

Gosh, I really have to learn to write faster :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 11:52 AM
Thank you guys! I'll be sure to try this afternoon!

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 8:49 PM
Okay it didn't work

Okay some some facts.....
1. I'm getting an error when I export that I hadn't noticed before, it says" Struc.error: unpack requires a string element of length 4"

It exports and makes a file but maybe this is it?

Also it exports in .geom not a .simgeom file, That's why they weren't showing up in the file browser, once I rename it it shows up, I have the right plugins so Idk if this is the problem or not.....

Hi I'm Paul!
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 6:40 PM
you need to keep the geom format, the simgeom is only used for the plugins.
Bit confusing i agree.
After you exported you can rename it to simgeom if you like or use Postal(or s3PE) to load your mesh into the package.
Also keep in mind you can not reattache a edited mesh once you have saved the file and reopened it.
You need to use the above proggy's for it
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 2:57 AM
Wow I feel so neanderthalic >.<

But to load it into CTU should I rename it? Is it really the same file or are the file names not interchangeable?

I'm sorry that I'm such a pain

Hi I'm Paul!
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 7:09 AM
You export the mesh from either Milkshape or Blender and save it by giving it a new name, in a new folder.
If the file is set to GEOM format change it(rename it) to SIMGEOM.
That file you import into CTU when creating a NEW package!