Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#26 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:56 PM
Okay, first draft here for the eyebrows, so please don't laugh. Well, okay, you can if you want to. :-) I know they aren't perfect, but I'd like your input in how to make them better. So, if you would put them on Henry, and fiddle with them a bit, you'll get a better feel for them than I can. They are made to be quite high, so that you can lower the brow to make the squishy-looking top eyelid.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Simmiller_Eyebrows_Henry VIII.rar (112.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:08 AM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 20th Apr 2010 at 4:55 AM.
@Simmilier: Eyebrows are a great start! My only thought is that I still have to go pretty extreme with the sliders to make them the right shape; the first pic has the right shape, and shows where the sliders are, but has alot of distortion. I played with the eyesockets, and depth to try to make it work, but it still has that weird overhang. Also, I think that the brows should sort of 'fade out' on the last bit just a touch more. What do you think? These are by far the best brows on him! Good job. :D

Edit to add:
In the time it took me to write this blurb, (I forgot the pause) Henry and Katherine started a huge fire in the kitchen and almost burned the house down. Two fireladies showed up and chewed them out. LOL... He really isn't used to doing for himself!
retired moderator
#28 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 11:10 PM
ROFL!

Okay, I will get to work again. Thanks for the feedback!
retired moderator
#29 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 5:56 PM
Here's the new ones:

See what you can do with them now, and let me know. I think we're getting close.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Simmiller_Eyebrows_Henry VIII.rar (112.9 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 6:45 PM
Will do.

I've been struggling with the Gabled Hood also... but the polycount is SO high I don't know that it will even be usable. Sigh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 4:07 AM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 22nd Apr 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Here are pics of both brows, in appx. the right place. What do you think?

The NEW Henry brows-pencil thin for that glowering monarch look!!

The OLD Henry brows:

Here's a shot of his everyday look, I think those are the old brows:

I'll have to find somethng with more pizazz for formal.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 11:02 AM
I think those eyebrows are much better - he's coming along well!
retired moderator
#33 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 11:30 PM
Do you have any suggestions for improvement, or would you like to keep the new eyebrows?

I agree, he's really turning into Henry VIII. Oh, and I love the everyday look :-)

Any chance for a side-to-side comparison with the original source pics?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 4:06 AM
I think if we could combine the shape of the new brows with the thickness of the old brows maybe it would be perfect? I feel like maybe the part close to the nose needs to be slightly thicker, and not QUITE so far down the nose. Let me post some pics and we'll see...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 23rd Apr 2010 at 4:54 AM.

As a side note, I am having trouble converting the TS2 hat/hair textures for the Gabled Hood (for Katherine). I can do the meshing, but the texturing is beyond me. If anyone knows of a good tutorial, let me know. I've already seen the ones on this website....
Forum Resident
#36 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 12:41 PM
Wow, Ahlaam, I'm impressed. Keep up the good work.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
retired moderator
#37 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 3:21 PM
retired moderator
#38 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 3:33 PM
How about these?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Simmiller_Eyebrows_Henry VIII.rar (114.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:50 PM
Here's the latest, with the new & improved brows. Sorry it took so long, thunderstorms and tornados knocked out the power for awhile. I think these brows look pretty good! Comments?

edited since I can't spell BROWS properly.
retired moderator
#40 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:22 PM
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:47 PM
Those eyebrows look spot-on! Really looking forward to him being finished.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 2:34 AM
Anything I should change or fix a little? I want him to be just right. The queue is brutal!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ahlaam21
The queue is brutal!

I know, ha ha. I can't think of anything else, I think he look fabulous, but I hope the queue agrees!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:57 PM
I'm working (attempting) a medallion based on one he actually wore to upload with him... so it might be awhile before I put him in queue.

Here's the medallion:
And Henry wearing the medallion in a painting:
retired moderator
#45 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:01 PM
That medallion would be great on him. I wish I could get Milkshape and get my head around meshing. That's in the future, though :-) Right now, Henry VIII looks great!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 26th Apr 2010 at 8:31 PM.
Oddly enough, I can do meshing. What I can't do are textures/UV mapping etc. So that's why it might be awhile; I'll have to figure it out!! :O

Front view:
Side view:

I've got to fix the part around the neck so it's not "floating". I made it a little big, since this is the regular body size.
retired moderator
#47 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 10:30 PM
Field Researcher
#48 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 12:47 AM
AND a sneaky peek of Katherine of Aragon:
[/QUOTE]
I hate to be a nag, but her hair was NOT black, but strawberry blonde.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 1:34 PM
@ henryV111- Sorry, I just plunked that hair on her because I liked the shape. Her hair will eventually be covered by the Gabled Hood I've seen her painted in, so you won't see it. I'm glad that you said that about her being a strawberry blonde. Please let me know if you see any other mistakes like that! Do you think the shape of her face is okay? It's hard using paintings for reference.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 3:48 AM
Her lips were much thicker and longer as well..this is a much better and realistic portrait..it was done in her teens.
http://tudorhistory.org/aragon/aragon4.jpg
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links (sim making)
Page 2 of 4