Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 1:56 PM
@henry- I have that portrait, but I was going for a bit of an older look, since I made 'grown up' Henry, and she was older than HIM. I'll see what I can do to incorporate the younger years too. Thanks so much! PS, I am still working on her headgear and even a dress. I can't get those crazy sleeves quite as wide as I'd like, due to clippage, but I think the overall effect will be nice!

Still working on the Medallion for Henry, pics later today!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 2nd May 2010 at 5:27 AM
YAY! I can't wait!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd May 2010 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 2nd May 2010 at 7:13 PM.
Here's the mesh,
I got that mostly finished, but I cannot figure out this UV map stuff. I pulled one up in UVmapper and tried to match the parts up as DDS image, but it comes out all crazy.

And here is the Katherine Dress mesh:

Two recolorable parts, but something isn't right because I can't get it working in game. Also, I'd love to have an overlay or whatever, so I could get that upside down V shaped open skirt in the front. Also, I might need to make it more narrow at the bottom. It kind of tulip's out and it should be pretty straight.
Sigh.

Last but not least is the Gabled Hood:

I've tried every UV mapping type thingy I can think of. I KNOW it's gotta be something easy... I've gotten pretty close, in some other pics, but at least in this one you can see some of the pattern. BTW, this is the Bipsouille Gabled Hood, found here for TS2: http://sites.estvideo.net/bipsouill.../coiffures3.htm
It says on her(?) website (if you translate it!!) that you can do whatever you want with her stuff as long as it stays free. So I hope this conversion will be alright.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#54 Old 4th May 2010 at 2:53 PM
Your hard work is paying off. These items are really coming along nicely.

I finally got the eyebrows submitted today, so they are in queue and awaiting approval.

I expanded on Henry's version and made a set of those for men and women, and also a higher and wider version for men and women.

Fingers crossed!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:57 AM
@ Simmiller: Can't wait for the eyebrows to go through! He's basically ready to go. I was going to try to make him a new top, but the one I've posted him in will have to do for now.

All the other projects experianced a setback; I had to completely reinstall TS3 again, so it put me a few days behind. LUCKILY, everything was saved somewhere else!! Regular updates should resume shortly.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 7th May 2010 at 1:39 AM
Just wanted to offer my support here! Henry and Catherine look great! I can't wait to have the dress and Gabled Hood in game! Good work!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th May 2010 at 1:56 AM
I've decided to do a top & skirt instead of the dress, so it has a bit of a different look, although same sleeves and skirt. Trying to get it to work in game. I must be missing something, it shows up 'invisible'.

As for Henry and Katherine, I'll have to go a few steps back with them, since it seems as though the last saves I have of them are a few changes back. But never fear! I'll be working on them both.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th May 2010 at 7:23 PM

"new" Henry. I lost the most recent edition in the reinstall. Please help me get him back!
Forum Resident
#59 Old 8th May 2010 at 7:26 PM
OMG, Ahlaam, this work is awesome. Really good job!!!!!

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th May 2010 at 3:07 AM
OKay, so I'm putting the most recent pic and the RL pic together for comparison. Help! Henry is making me crazy. lol

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 9th May 2010 at 9:03 PM
New Katherine:

Using this pic as my model:
Scholar
#62 Old 10th May 2010 at 12:23 AM
Henry looks very close to me although I, personally, don't care for the colored eye bags. However, you must choose. For Katherine, I think her nose needs to be longer with more / bigger tip/"bulb". Very good!
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th May 2010 at 12:52 AM
I think making the eye bags match their flesh tones a bit more might be good. I think his mouth could be moved up a bit closer to his nose.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 10th May 2010 at 4:07 AM
I know the face is a little BIG, but this gives you a better idea:

Here are some ingame and CAS shots:

And dear old Henry:

His mouth is up as far as it can go, and if I lower the jaw anymore it causes distortion. Will have to get the slider for moving the top of the head.... I THOUGHT I already had it, but, not.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 10th May 2010 at 10:33 PM
Did some work on Henry, though I have the above version saved as well. I can immediately see that I need to make his chin/jawline rounder. Any ideas?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 12th May 2010 at 7:23 PM
Here's an update on the Gabled Hood, which I'm going to try to finish up today. This is from TSRW, which, as you can see, I cannot get the patterns on there right. Something (the UV map for tsrw??) maps the black veil pattern over the turban part as well. I'm currently trying to use DABOOBS to make it instead, but having problems with the LODs and Direct X. VERY frustrating.

Instructor
#67 Old 12th May 2010 at 9:01 PM
Wow I love the cc you are making for this sim! Great job so far!
Mad Poster
#68 Old 12th May 2010 at 10:03 PM
Aww, it's a shame you had to remake Henry - the new one is looking good, just his chin needs to be more rounded - also he's lost some of that really haughty and imperious look the original one had, maybe he needs his eyebrows a bit more arched, or higher?

Re the gabled hood, it looks great aside from the random texture placements. I don't think DABOOBS is intended for hat hairs - I've tried it for hat hairs and had weird results with textures where they shouldn't be. I use CTU for hair hairs and they always come out fine, it's worth a try!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 13th May 2010 at 3:39 AM
Here's the gabled hood in CTU; I am still having directx mesh tool issues, it will only let me take the polys down by about 100... so for now I am using all the same LOD00 until I can figure THAT issue out. But, now the UV map is doing weird stuff (I think)...
Mad Poster
#70 Old 13th May 2010 at 10:12 AM
Oh, that is such a weird and frustrating problem you're having with the hood! Having done a lot of Sims 2 head accessory conversions, I've found that the Maxis ones are easy to convert, but I've had problems converting cc ones and I don't know why that should be. It looks like a UV map issue, but I'm not sure - I'd strongly recommend posting about this in the CAS Parts forum, where someone may be able to figure it out!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 13th May 2010 at 2:10 PM
Esmeralda, thanks for the idea! I forget that forum is there. I've posted the issue along with the pictures here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=402804

Hopefully I'll get a helpful response soon. In the meantime, I'll work on one of the other mini-projects in this thread.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 15th May 2010 at 3:56 PM.
WOOT! Woot!

Hood works ingame, I zoomed in and out, everything looks great. Just working on the textures (which are the biggest problem for me, for some reason! argh) now. So this piece is almost ready.

*edit*
Please note, BASE1980 was a huge help with this project. He did everything BUT just do it for me. Thanks for the help!
Scholar
#73 Old 15th May 2010 at 7:09 PM
Just one word: FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc
Scholar
#74 Old 16th May 2010 at 2:58 AM
Great job with the hood/head covering! Could you put a reference picture for Katherine right next to your sim, please? It would help a lot in comparing the features.
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM
I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while, but since all seems to have gone quiet, I can't resist asking how the project is going? These two characters are so *marvellous* I'm really looking forward to their being uploaded. A lot of work went into this.

Julie

Genealogists do it in Trees
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links (sim making)
Page 3 of 4