Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#51 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Both! Physically speaking is so vulgar and distasteful. I'm not really into the voice-activation thing, either. Typing is faster.

Apparently we aren't complete opposites after all.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
^^ Wow, harsh!! :O

Well, she never WAS the nicest person, and had a thing for being controlling and manipulative. You'd think, in that regard, she'd make the perfect Simmer! >_>

Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
My mom actually said something like that aswell, that I play way too much and it's taking control in my life. After that when I mentioned one time something about the game, she started to question if their house could be build in the game and got excited about it! So I had to show her the game and she sat next to me watching me build a house and control sims untill she almost dozed off at midnight. So when ever she starts to make the "worry interaction" again about me, I picture her leaning over my laptop all excited and confuced about how on earth you can build a house so easily!

Hahaha, yeah, my mother did something very similar to me the other day, actually!! She has some pretty mad-scientist design skills, if you ask me. XD
Mad Poster
#53 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 10:28 AM
I got to show my mother what campus life was like, and she was getting a kick out of the cow mascots' antics. And she's 60.
Inventor
#54 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 11:19 AM
Interesting reading all the replies. Well although I don't go out of my way to tell people I play Sims, I don't hide the fact I play the game.

After 4 months of playing Sims 2, the humour of the game still brings a smile to my face, so that can't be bad.

Also just to respond to the previous poster who said her friend scorned her playing and said the Sims was for people who have no life, I bet your life this girl isn't creative. It's not just about controlling pixel people, it's CREATING, designing. I've learned a lot about building in this game and sometimes think - I wonder if I should have gone into landscape design or architecture? It keeps your brain active rather than fry it like some other online activities do.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 11:31 AM
That's exactly what I like about Sims 2, jodemilo. Creating and designing things. One of my most favorite parts is designing and building houses.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 11:42 AM
I tell. Me and 3 of my friends have sims. My best friend doesn't like the sims to much. All the boys in our class think we're weird. We're not weird, just obsessed with sims

Just call me Katie:)
Mad Poster
#57 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 12:35 PM
I'm 37 and I love Sims. I like simulation games, period. For a while I was hooked on Civilization, then Civ2.

Since my son has a speech delay, I find that having him watch me play Sims can be helpful. He does a running commentary.

(But when I have Sims getting ready to WooHoo, suddenly he has toys he needs to put away....)
Forum Resident
#58 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
Interesting reading all the replies. Well although I don't go out of my way to tell people I play Sims, I don't hide the fact I play the game.

After 4 months of playing Sims 2, the humour of the game still brings a smile to my face, so that can't be bad.

Also just to respond to the previous poster who said her friend scorned her playing and said the Sims was for people who have no life, I bet your life this girl isn't creative. It's not just about controlling pixel people, it's CREATING, designing. I've learned a lot about building in this game and sometimes think - I wonder if I should have gone into landscape design or architecture? It keeps your brain active rather than fry it like some other online activities do.

Wow, thanks for the positive perspective Jodemilo. I'm one of those people that don't tell, mainly because it seems I'm older than the average Simmer and don't think people my age would get it.

I agree with you about the aspect of the game that keeps your brain young, as well as the creativity. My job requires me to be extremely detail oriented, creative and a multi-tasker. I believe the game has helped me to improve those skills (while having a lot of fun at the same time )

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 5:14 PM
I could tell people I play The Sims, but then I would have to kill them.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 6:18 AM
the posts here are giving me hope that this is all okay. and im glad for that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by la_mamba_negra
the posts here are giving me hope that this is all okay. and im glad for that.

Me too.
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 2:20 PM
Pretty much all of my friends know that I play and while a bunch make fun of me sometimes, they don't really care. But some of my friends used to play and are jealous of all the EPs and stuff I have. Even though it's not much.. still missing some SPs for Sims 2 and I haven't touched Sims 3 yet. AH WELL. haha
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 6:59 PM
One of the epic families in my custom hood is based on my real-life cats. I posted their origin story and current status, along with screenies, in my Livejournal last night.

The general consensus of my flist, is that, on a nerdiness scale of 1-10, I'm over the horizon and accelerating. :D
Forum Resident
#64 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 11:47 PM
I only talk about it with people I know who play it. If they don't their like "Cough**Geek**Cough"
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 5:16 AM
I generally don't have a problem telling people =) I even have a few friends who play it, or used to play it. In fact, just earlier this evening, I had a nice, long discussion with my friend about it! She plays it, too, and loves it =) I don't usually go on and on about it with most people, though. Except for my boyfriend, who is a very patient listener when I just HAVE to tell him what's going on in my sims' lives, even though he doesn't play =P (I've tried converting him for years now, but he insists that it's not the style of game he likes... He's more into the action/adventure games.)

I've found that there are quite a few closet Sims fans out there... I'll cautiously bring up Sims into the conversation, and I'm surprised at how many people respond "Oh! You play that, too? I thought I was the only one!" You never know how many are out there if you don't say anything
Field Researcher
#66 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 6:20 AM
for me, all the people I know, knows that I am playing this game..well in fact I am already married...and my husband knows that Im soo into this game ever since I was in my college days ..that was the time that sims 2 (base game) was first out ... and it doesnt matter if you play this game whether you are already old, married, engaged ...coz this simulation game is for all ages ...

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Mad Poster
#67 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 7:07 AM
I personally think if people say sims are stupid, they do something more 'embarrassing and stupid' then sims as their hobby So don't worry. Here is an example, my mother adores spongebob and she is 41. When she tells that to people and they laugh she tells them to get with a program and that is the best show ever xD

You shouldn't worry about what you like and if people will think you are silly.
Instructor
#68 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
It's not like the Sims has the same effects and reputation a World of Warcraft which I've known people to fail entire semesters because they are so addicted .

Ha! I play BOTH. I suppose all hope is lost for me!

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Scholar
#69 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
It's not like the Sims has the same effects and reputation a World of Warcraft which I've known people to fail entire semesters because they are so addicted to it.

I'm ashamed to admit that Sims 2 fought valiantly for my attention this semester, and won for the first 3/4 of the semester...
Field Researcher
#70 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 1:32 AM
Only my family and my online friends.
My family, especially my grandmother when she lived with us, is constantly wanting to know what's going on. I actually just showed my mom a house I was working on the other day. My grandmother was constantly wanting to know about this little girl I had in my game. I don't have the heart to tell her my TS2 self-vored and I lost her...lol
My dad wanted the original, but he's had some issues with his brain/memory, so he doesn't want to get involved with anything difficult now. So he just lets me play, and is amused by some of the things they do. (His personal favourite is the Smustle.)
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo

I can pretty much attest to that fact...She was always rather jealous of the different awards I was getting when we were going to school together for my writing and art. Though, I'm sure a lot of her hatred for the game stemmed from her brother's girlfriend, who locked herself in her room every day, neglecting the baby she had which was *supposedly* his, to play the Sims. Still, I don't think ONE person's choices, no matter what the circumstances, should make you shun an entire community of people!!

Truthfully, though, I usually wind up building and decorating FAR more than I actually PLAY. XDDD I find the challenge of making my lots aesthetically pleasing to be most rewarding, even if I haven't yet mastered the landscaping details just yet! It's hilarious though when you can introduce someone who supposedly doesn't care for or understand the game to the different things you can do, only to have them become as addicted as you!

I DID discover recently that another of my friends plays (he has Nightlife, Uni, Seasons, and I think one other EP), which has given a whole new dimension to our conversations. 83 It just goes to show how very different the people you know can really be once you get to know them!
Theorist
#72 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 3:34 AM
I don't tell people. I told one guy in past, and he laughed at me derisively and teased me. To myself I think he's a fool and probably was acting on grounds of misogyny ("girl-games are lame", etc.), but I don't want to get the same reaction from others, so I keep it a secret...
Mad Poster
#73 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Ha! I play BOTH. I suppose all hope is lost for me!

You're not the only one. Luckly, I just finished my classes and I got As in all.
Page 3 of 3