Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:39 PM
352 files in 18 folders at a total of 529mb.

And I don't think I should download more since my game will probably go BOOM. roflmao
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 4:24 AM
7,325 packages, 10.8 gigs.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:22 AM
2.49GBs in 218 files. I've combined alot of files.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:51 AM
1233 package files... I'm not even going to take a sneak peak at my downloads... I am a loser.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Forum Resident
#30 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:50 AM
2.10gb with around 500 pkg files. I've merged a lot of packages so that keeps the amount of files down
Instructor
#31 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:35 AM
I have 2.51Gb but merged a lot too, into 15 packages. The other 82 are mods that are frequently updated
Alchemist
#32 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:03 PM
I have 869 package files in four folders, total 2,83Gb. I did some cleaning up a short while ago. Should probably do a bit more soon, because I'm a real CC junkie.
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 3:29 PM
Only 382 mb?! I'm going on a cc-hunt ;D
Field Researcher
#34 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:16 PM
128 files, 62 folders, 222 megabytes. It's reassuring to know that that's not a lot.

Edit: I forgot about Niua Simoa, which adds 128 megabytes.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:59 PM
218 files at 1.76GB. I don't really download much beyond CAS/CASt stuff and that's all combined.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:47 PM
I have 397 that I'm currently using. I also have a folder on my desktop for ones that I'm not using at the moment that has 52 more. Comes to a total of 641.36MB. Nothing merged.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:52 PM
I would have about 5 GB if I used everything I like, but my computer really can't handle it so I'm playing with only a couple hundred files right now.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dmahuaa
7,325 packages, 10.8 gigs.

How long does your game take to load??

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Instructor
#39 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 10:11 PM
1,3 GB
I have merged all clothes by website, like MTS, AllAboutStyle ....
It depends on the theme, how many files I have. I'm using the Any Game Starter for Apocalypse, Normal or Medieval playstyle.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:10 AM
792 files @ 1.6GB I thought I had too much. <.<

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#41 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:10 PM
I have tons for 3rd party CC in package files. The only items I have in Sims3packs are EA Store items.

Sims3packs
1.92 GB/919 files

Package
1.11 GB/930 files (these are merged files)

@Lewisb40, I thought I had too much as well and I keep culling them specially items I don't use a lot I don't feel too bad anymore.

At least we don't have to download a bazillion files of recolours.
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 11:23 PM
Hey! I know its late...
Quote: Originally posted by 2rki3i
The only packages you might not want to merge is hacks, I believe (correct me If I am wrong). Otherwise merge all the files you can, it improves performance by a TON.

Merged, I have a mere 36 packages.

I have the same problem but do I delete the packages after I merge them together???
Scholar
#43 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 1:49 AM
436 files at 389 MB. But at my height of Sims 2 CC obsession, I remember deleting over 8,000 files. Now that I'm with Sims 3, it cruises around the 300 to 500 range. ^_^

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Eminence Grise
#44 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 1:50 AM
Hmm, since this old thread is back, let me recommend Granthes's CC Magic (link is in my sig, Version 2 currently available). It automates the work of merging package files, AND (most) Sims3Packs, and with it you can still see and manage the individual mods (disable/enable, delete and so on) even after you've merged em, which you can't if you do it manually.

As for hacks, the only reason not to merge them is that they tend to get updated more frequently than other CC.

Once you've merged your files, whether you do it manually or with CC Magic, you don't HAVE to keep the originals... but if you ever have issues with your mod setup, it's good to have the backup. There's no straightforward way to de-merge a merged mod.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:33 AM
Actually there is a way to delete individual packages from a merged package, if you keep the a copy of the (single) file you want to remove.
1) Open merged package.
2) Sort package by file size (it might already be sorted this way by default).
3) Import the package you want to delete ('delete duplicates' should be checked by default).
4) After it's imported, there will be a line highlighted in grey. Delete everything from there to the top of the package.
5) Save the file.

I also merge my mods into two packages, NRaas and Tuning mods. Since Twallan's mods are updated frequently, what I do is import the updated file and it deletes the older version of the mod. This isn't a foolproof method; it's safer to delete the earlier mod and then import the new version, as the mod might not contain the same files as the previous version (although that is rare). However, I'm willing to accept the consequences if something blows up.

I guess how straightforward this is depends on competent you are in S3PE. But if you know how to merge packages, this should be easy enough. However, I'd still recommend CC Magic as an easier method for managing CC and mods. Just thought I'd mention this for people who can't use CC Magic (I think 3booter doesn't work with it unless that's been fixed).
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 11:00 AM
89 Items 145 MB
^^ I thought that was too much..

"In my dreams you're touching my face, and asking me if I wanna try again with you."
Mad Poster
#47 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 11:31 AM
33 files, and it doesn't slow my game noticeably but I've been using this amount for awhile. There's some separate packages I'm not sure I want to keep but everything else are way bigger merged files.
One Minute Ninja'd
#48 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 11:34 AM
I hate these threads because I feel compelled to figure out how ugly my mods folder really is. This is the thinned version after the Pets cc fiasco.

1539 files, 2.9 Gb merged to 277 files, 2.4 Gb (I don't combine my mods as I update them too frequently, like Twallan's, and I'm currently not using cc magic, so I merge my packages manually).

I also checked and found that I have 1,152 Sim3Packs totaling 4.5 Gb.

This is not healthy.
Inventor
#49 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 12:47 PM
324 files @ 2.9Gb

Still missing some "essential" files since I'm rebuilding after losing everything when my computer crashed last November, but it should stay around that level.
With my new PC the game runs smoother than an androids bottom though

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 3:39 AM
I don't remember my exact count (I don't play TS3 on this computer) but I think I might've passed 200.
Page 2 of 3