Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 7:50 PM
Default romance with tourists or locals while on vacation?
I have read several references to problems with romancing locals while on vacation, should these types of relationships just be avoided or are they possible? What exactly are the issues? Do the same problems exist romancing tourists in your home town?

I am playing a wiped town with nothing but the commercial lots (gym, park, arena, science lab etc, just no houses) so it's not very populated. I found a simette tourist but don't want to waste time if there are bugs. Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 9:51 PM
I've never had any problems with romancing locals while on vacation. Uhh...my sim, I mean, has never had problems. It's worked exactly the same as romance at home. The only problem I've had with tourists in my home hood is that they have a tendency to disappear, go back home, before my sim has made all the moves.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 11:56 PM
You can invite a foreign sim to visit if you need to finish romancing them Should be an option on the phone.

And yeah, foreign sims make great partners. They start with some good skills (relevant to their home country), and they have hidden traits they can pass down to their kids
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 3:58 AM
But romancing a tourist is not all fun and games. They tend to age up very fast (they are adults when you first meet them, and elders when you visit them again), also I'm experiencing a bug/feature (not sure which one it is), where after the foreign sim moves in, they no longer age.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 5:24 AM
I've never had a problem with romancing sims on vacation before but lately they seem to not be interested, probably nothing to do with it but this didnt start happening until after i updated my game to the latest update.

Also another glitch i've experienced with romancing a sim on vacation, i sent my sim to "egypt" and he romanced a sim there, when he was back at home the sim he romanced died, i sent him back there and discovered that he had a son there ?!?!?!?! dont know how it happened but apparently foreign sims can get pregnant from a shy kiss.

Harry Potter Fans United!!

Dragon flys
Owls and Dragons oh my tattoo's
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rulespotter
dont know how it happened but apparently foreign sims can get pregnant from a shy kiss.

Sims can parent foreign children without even knowing the other parent. It's a known bug.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 6:59 AM
I haven't had any problems with Sims in romance while on vacation as far as not being able to marry, not being able to return home, immaculate concepted children, etc. However, a few days ago, I had my Sim visit China for the Martial Arts Tournament. The last opponent (female) started flirting with him, so I played along. Next thing I know, the option to Propose Going Steady shows up, when he has a wife and kids at home. He was even able to marry her. I then tried with a couple other locals, but no dice. So he took her home. Then I wondered if I could do the same in France and Egypt. Long story short, he now has 4 wives, one from the home world and 1 from each of the vacation worlds. Now how does this happen? No check against the sim being married between worlds?
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 8:03 AM
Well, some cultures allow polygamy! That would certainly apply to Egyptian and traditional Chinese culture... in France they usually call the second wife a mistress, of course

Had to point that out... but seriously, it sounds like a bug :O Kinda fun one though!

Wonder if polyandry is supported too
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 12:32 PM
lol, it's a Feature, not a bug! That's funny, Ella's response was similar, "Maybe EA subscribes to the Muslim polygamous marriage thing - 1 wife is good, 4 wives are better?". If I'm gonna be stuck with a bug, might as well be this one. I'm using a No Shoo Mod (thanks to BailaBaila), No Jealousy LTR, and upped the 8 sim household limit (thanks to Twallen) and playing with all of them in one house, at least for now.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st May 2010 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
No check against the sim being married between worlds?

Yes, it seems like when you're on vacation the game ignores the other members of your household who stayed home. When I had three sims on vacation I got the ask to move in option when my household already had eight members. I didn't do it though because I thought it would ruin my game.

But I'm definitely going to try marrying multiple sims
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th May 2010 at 10:10 PM
I seem to have the opposite problem...I have a sim my girl is Best friends with, the special Merchant for China Zhan Su. I can only get as far as "Amorous Hug", "Flirt" and "Hold Hands" with him; otherwise we're maxed out in relationship.

Is this because he is the Special Merchant? She invited him to her home, and we still have the same problems. I want her to get pregnant, and it will never happen at this rate -- please help!
Site Helper
#12 Old 7th May 2010 at 2:30 AM
Apparently the problem comes after you go home and come back. If they die, the game replaces them by creating a baby. And it picks the sim they had the highest relationship with to be the other parent. Guess who that is?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
Long story short, he now has 4 wives, one from the home world and 1 from each of the vacation worlds. Now how does this happen? No check against the sim being married between worlds?

Oh my gosh. I snorted as I was reading this.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:09 PM
I haven't had any problems with Sims in romance while on vacation as far as not being able to marry, not being able to return home, immaculate concepted children, etc. However, a few days ago, I had my Sim visit China for the Martial Arts Tournament. The last opponent (female) started flirting with him, so I played along. Next thing I know, the option to Propose Going Steady shows up, when he has a wife and kids at home. He was even able to marry her. I then tried with a couple other locals, but no dice. So he took her home. Then I wondered if I could do the same in France and Egypt. Long story short, he now has 4 wives, one from the home world and 1 from each of the vacation worlds. Now how does this happen? No check against the sim being married between worlds?

I guess what happens in <insert vacation location> stays in <insert vacation location>.
Why ruin your harem with logic?

lol, it's a Feature, not a bug! That's funny, Ella's response was similar, "Maybe EA subscribes to the Muslim polygamous marriage thing - 1 wife is good, 4 wives are better?". If I'm gonna be stuck with a bug, might as well be this one. I'm using a No Shoo Mod (thanks to BailaBaila), No Jealousy LTR, and upped the 8 sim household limit (thanks to Twallen) and playing with all of them in one house, at least for now.

Speaking of harems (something I've given up on) what does the No Shoo Mod do?
And what is the No Jealousy LTR doing for your sim? I got it and tried to flirt in front of my wife to see if it worked...it didnt (lol) so maybe I dont understand it's function:
Isnt it supposed to stop other sims from being jealous of your actions with *other* sims?
Thats what I took it to mean, but um, ya, I dont think that's the actual function