Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Desperate Housewives - Eva Longoria as Gabi Solis

by Audrey Posted 22nd May 2010 at 4:16 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2010 at 10:15 AM by Audrey

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2010 at 6:39 PM
She's a great resemblance, looking forward to the rest of them!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd May 2010 at 8:07 PM
it looks more like teri hatcher... but good work!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2010 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Audrey : 22nd May 2010 at 8:45 PM.
JCHnd, wait till you see Teri Hatcher and you might change your mind.

Thanks Es and Jc.

Thank you mod(s) for your kind comment on my upload.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd May 2010 at 9:39 PM
Wonderful job! Congrats!!!!
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd May 2010 at 9:57 PM
OMG!!!!! She is amazing!!!! The best Eva for the sims 3 I've seen!!!!!!!! She's hard to make too!!!!! You rock!!!!

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd May 2010 at 10:37 PM
I like it! I can see Eva Longoria in her! I can only hope my Gaby turns out half as good as this one
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:52 PM
Im not sure how much that looks like her, but your sim is beautiful! Nice work.

Call me Tyu. (:
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd May 2010 at 12:06 AM
She's very pretty, but it doesn't look much like Eva Longoria IMHO. :/
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd May 2010 at 8:18 AM
she's nice but her mouth and eye height are wrong
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd May 2010 at 8:40 AM
I thought it was Sandra Bullock. Doesn't matter, though. She's a very nice sim.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd May 2010 at 9:32 AM
When I was scrolling the screen, and I saw a miniature, my first thought was "OMG, Susan from Desperate Housewives!" but then I saw the title... She's very pretty, but not really like Gabrielle. There's something with her lips.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd May 2010 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Audrey : 23rd May 2010 at 4:50 PM.
What can I say, some see Eva, some see Susan, some see Sandra Bullock. I hope those who see Susan will change their minds when Susan goes up.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. May I ask those people who gave criticism, to point out what I can do to improve her.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd May 2010 at 1:57 PM
MySimsBlog's comments are getting worse and worse everyday, and some people are just simply down right rude and ungrateful. Don't let the troll's comments get you down, I doubt they could achieve anything close to your gorgeous work. I also admire how you took the criticism in such a calm and patient manner, I know there are heaps of people out there who love and appreciate your work, myself being one of them.

I definitely see Eva, and the eyes and the nose are spot on. I think that the main thing is that the distance between mouth and the nose is too large, and overall the face is a bit too long.

But those are just a few things I see, because I think there's a great resemblance already! Nice work

People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain.
Instructor
#15 Old 23rd May 2010 at 4:50 PM
Audrey, I think she looks fantastic. It isn't spot on in your pictures, but I think some people just don't realize how hard some celebrities can be to make into Sims. You got way closer than I ever have when trying to make a female. I only deal with male celebrities mostly for that reason.

I played her in game for a bit, and she does look right in my game. Maybe you need to work on picture taking? I don't know how to do that because my pictures suck, but it seems that people are ready to down your work without even d/ling it and giving it a chance. Then post anonymous gripes that really don't help you improve. All I have to say, is in-game, she's fantastic and is a Sim I'm keeping.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd May 2010 at 4:54 PM
Thank you Fragglerocks and Emmz. However, there seems to be too many people thinking she looks like Sandra Bullock or Teri Hatcher or not even remotely like Eva, that I must re-open my thread in CFF and get more feedback. So those people who have constructive criticism on how to improve her, please let me know on the thread.

Instructor
#17 Old 23rd May 2010 at 10:21 PM
I think it's funny that a lot of the people complaining are not even creators. Why dont you try making something and have people bitcn about it?

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd May 2010 at 10:39 PM
I so thought she was Sandra Bullock too! Still a great looking sim though.

Quote: Originally posted by DutchXfan
I thought it was Sandra Bullock. Doesn't matter, though. She's a very nice sim.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd May 2010 at 11:35 PM
Congrats Audrey, your sim is just like Gaby. You're getting really really good at this. I can't wait to see what you do next!! x
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th May 2010 at 1:51 AM
Wow, great work! her eyes are DEFINITE match!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th May 2010 at 10:49 PM
Yes, I'm not a creator, and no, I'm not bitching, but I could have sworn it was Teri Hatcher until I read the name. I did some comparisons, I think the eye height and shape could use some work, but I think it's the blush that makes her look different from Eva Longoria. Not saying she's not a great sim- She totally is, you did a great job, it's just subtle differences that can make or break the similarities.
Inventor
#22 Old 25th May 2010 at 5:02 PM
I can see the resemblance! She's not her twin or anything, but a very nice sim! Thank you Audrey! I cant wait to download your other housewives!!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#23 Old 25th May 2010 at 5:31 PM
Ha ha! My daughter's name is Hali :-) Anyway, your Eva is gorgeous. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th May 2010 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wicked_poppies
I think it's funny that a lot of the people complaining are not even creators. Why dont you try making something and have people bitcn about it?

Nobody is "bitching" about it. It's called constructive criticism and I think it's great of Audrey to be willing to reopen her thread to get more feedback on her creation in order to improve it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th May 2010 at 9:17 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. I really do strive to get the sim as close to the IRL pictures. It seems I have fallen short this time and maybe other times as well. I do welcome constructive feedback and thanks for commenting on my thread.

Page 1 of 2