|Search this Thread|
|15th May 2010, 11:26 PM||The Lab Experiment Challenge #1|
-Need all EPs except for BV
One day the official Strangetown Council finally decided to rid all the “abnormalties” from the neighborhood. The rest of the people were sent to pack, but, of course, there is a twist. The Council decided to open up a lab on the edge of town to “study” the abnormalties, to see if they can stay in town.
Build a “lab”
1. Use the basement to create 7 rooms for the abnormalties. The rooms must not be bigger than 4 by 4, and you cannot add anything except for decorational items, beds, tables, dressers, etc.
2. The basement must have facilities for the abnormalties, but cannot be high-ended. There must be 2 bathrooms, 2 by 2, each with a shower and a toilet (gender specified.) One fridge, one “fun” item. (Phones and computer are allowed.) There may be seating. The rest of the basement can be cluttered with decorational items, but tables and such are allowed. Remember, no high-ended stuff!
3. The first floor is the lab facility. You can add lab equipment, but you MUST have equipment such as the easel, Pro Camera from the Art career, Drafting Table from Architecture career, and a Lie Detector from Criminal (boolProp allowed). There may be only 2 doors - one that goes down to the basement, and one for the scientists to exit the facility. The facility may be only one large room.
4. The second floor is for the scientist. It is the living facilities, including a kitchen, bathroom, etc. Half of the floor must be dedicated to “research” – pictures of the “experiment.”
5. Nobody must EVER leave the lab except for the scientist to buy groceries only.
- Import a zombie, vampire, etc. (But no bigfoot.)
- Make a scientist, and design him/her any way you want, but make a lab coat.
- Each day of the week one of the subjects is chosen to be tested. They must pose the entire day with only one 2-hour break. (Roll a dice every day except Monday to roll a die. If you roll a 1, both the scientist and the subject of the day get a day off.)
- You may only control the subject of choice and the scientist. (But not the scientist in the final night.)
“Get me out of here!”
Leaving your spouse (make one! Create a backstory!) To be shipped off to the lab, you never want to leave him/her, no matter what. But it’s been so long… To escape the horrors of the lab, you contact him/her through phone, computer, smoke signals (not really) to get him/her to know that you love them! But the scientist can’t know, or s/he’ll have to execute you and your spouse!
- Choose one of the “abnormalties” and make him/her have a spouse.
- Lower their relationships to each other to 0.
- Contact them however possible without alerting the scientist.
- Once your relationship has hit 100 each, that night you MUST call them over. Once they come over, you can finally be cured (call over the matchmaker) and leave! (If you have a servo or zombie you can skip the cure.)
OPTIONAL - Release all the subjects this way! (Every extra subject +75 each. -15 each week, however, every new release is -5 points. (Ex - 3rd escape (including first) is 70 points.)
+40 every time the die is rolled and you are skipped.
+10 for every friend you make.
+10 for every week you survive.
+100 for completing the final night.
+50 for every best friend you make.
+5 for every hour contacting your spouse
-30 for having both a computer and a phone (or more than 1 phone, or a cell phone.)
-10 for every day you don’t contact your spouse.
-20 for controlling a different subject.
-60 for having affairs.
-100 for being caught on the final night.
-Infinity for dying
NO (you may have as much money as you want.)
You may retry the last night.
This is my first challenge. Hope you like it :D. (I'll answer any questions.)
|16th May 2010, 11:39 AM||#2|
I'm not sure about the final night. How difficult would it be to run away? The doctor is controlled by you, he wouldn't stop you. And how would you do it without a PC to move out (rules imply a penalty if you've got both PC and a phone in a house).
About setting fire. I can't think up how to do it to burn the scientist but to not burn yourself without playing the scientist and cheating by boxing him in a burning area, but even then everything else will probably burn... Could you clarify?
|16th May 2010, 12:17 PM||#3|
The scientist would have to be on the bottom floor, and on the last night you can't control him/her.
I removed the fire, it was too complicated.
Does that help?
|16th May 2010, 09:27 PM||#4|
Unfortunately no, I still don't know how a scientist can prevent your sim from escaping autonomously?
|17th May 2010, 10:19 PM||#5|
If they see them (same room) I guess, it'll do.
The main point is to raise relationship to 100.
|17th May 2010, 11:38 PM||#6|
Alright! I'll try your challenge for sure, although I'm not big on posting pix, but I really like the sound of it. Never played supernatural characters before, it's a nice way to try it, too. Thanx for your ideas!