Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Builder's Island

by armiel Posted 29th May 2010 at 3:59 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:58 PM by armiel : added version for lower patches

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Typical
#2 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:40 PM
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
Whoop! It's up!

I'm spinning in my chair, I'm so happy
This is after all my first "world"-upload here :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:27 PM
What a great idea! I spend about 50% of my time building homes for my sims, and this will make it quicker and easier to get my building done. Thank you so much for this wonderful download!
Zombie Socks
#5 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:45 PM
How cute! And tiny lots! Yeeeees! <3

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th May 2010 at 9:02 PM
I"v never built a house in the sims 3 yet but have been wanting to this will defenently make it easier for me start building my sims dream home
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:22 PM
You say its not meant for playing, but a bit of modification, it would be perfect for someone going for a castaway/islander neighborhood challenge.

Which incidentally, I wanted to try, so yay!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:35 PM
It's really good! Except, can we have a least 1 60x60 lot. Some people make legacy houses for their legacy, then move out the sims, add the house, move sims back in. I'd appreciate if you add a 60x60 ty!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:56 PM
This is a great idea!! I'm sure lots of builders will find this useful. And it's a lovely little island for anyone who wants a really small 'hood. Very pretty
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th May 2010 at 11:10 PM
This looks really useful for quick testing, and also as just a nice little neighbourhood, thank you!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th May 2010 at 11:40 PM
I love it! This is a really great idea.

There is a 20X15 lot missing, you said there were 2, and I only count one. Please tell me my eyes deceive me :-)
Typical
#12 Old 29th May 2010 at 11:58 PM
Simmiller - There's one 20x15 and one 15x20.
Instructor
#13 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:39 AM
Great idea, great creation Thank you for creating something practical for the creators, Armiel
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
There is a 20X15 lot missing, you said there were 2, and I only count one. Please tell me my eyes deceive me :-)

Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
Simmiller - There's one 20x15 and one 15x20.

There is indeed two 20x15 lots (15x20 and 20x15). I was lazy not to list them down separatedly
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:32 AM
great idea! :3 I love making houses and sims xD but whaiting for game to run in normal 'big world' is so... well, not fun & just meh... :/ so thx a lot for this! ^_^
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beckey12
It's really good! Except, can we have a least 1 60x60 lot. Some people make legacy houses for their legacy, then move out the sims, add the house, move sims back in. I'd appreciate if you add a 60x60 ty!

I could probably make another one, with even more lotsizes... All though it would make this one a little useless then, wouldn't it
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:07 AM
Aw, this looks perfect! Sad only that my computer is so moody that it won't let me install the latest patch...
But this one will definitely be bookmarked until I figure out some alternative way to patch my game
Inventor
#18 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:20 AM
Excellent idea, those loading times are so annoying when you want to quickly check a creation in the game!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:50 PM
armiel, this is a great little builder island. I've been using a tiny, flat map to build on for some time now.
Really like the idea of nicer screenshots with your island. I thought of doing this at one point, but don't need to now (am lazy like that )

As for adding a 60x60 lot, perhaps a second island? One which not only has a 60x60 but perhaps a 64x64 and some of those odd community
lot sizes found in Sunset Valley or Riverview. That way you keep this one as is, but that's just my opinion.

Well Done, Indeed
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th May 2010 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
As for adding a 60x60 lot, perhaps a second island? One which not only has a 60x60 but perhaps a 64x64 and some of those odd community
lot sizes found in Sunset Valley or Riverview. That way you keep this one as is, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for your comment
I don't even have the workfiles for this island anymore, so IF I am MAYBE doing the another Island, it will be a totally new one.

What I would like then, is a list of lotsizes, the weird ones. I don't have Riverview, I have tried and tried to download it with multiple browsers, but it won't download through. I also think I have a saved sims3pack of it, but it won't install cause of newest patches that prevent you installing storecontent you haven't downloaded your self :/

Also, including more and more different sized lots need a bigger world, more landscaping and so on, so it wouldn't possibly be any faster to load than emptied riverview/sunset valley that Flabaliki has already provided us.

But anyways, if someone is willing to make me a list of riverview lotsizes, I will take a look if I might come up with something
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th May 2010 at 5:39 PM
Heyyyy.... so, if you were to add spawners and suchlike in CAW, it would be playable?
Just asking is all...

Best to be wierd, never be shocked,
Break rules whenever you can't be caught,
Please don't be boring, routines go trough not,
Who cares what you do? Who cares what you say?
That's the altitude, don't be normal... Yay!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Needfyre
Heyyyy.... so, if you were to add spawners and suchlike in CAW, it would be playable?
Just asking is all...

Yes it would be playable. BUT. When talking about BUILDER'S world, the less extra the faster the world is. I mean putting all spawners and lots of decorations, effects... They all lower the performance, so if we are talking about making a world for BUILDING purposes, I see no sense in putting those in the world.

Making a world for PLAYING is has totally different goals. I for example wouldn't bother on playing very long on a world which has only one of each lot size... If I wan't to make a world for PLAYING, it would have multiple lots of same sizes. Not only that it looks better, you can always change the place of a lot you have built earlier and so on.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:23 PM Last edited by armiel : 30th May 2010 at 7:13 PM.
Cause I don't want this upload post to be full of wondering what kinda builder's world to build next and so on, I'm starting a new thread on the matter on Creator Feedback forum. You are all welcome to post your thoughts there. I'll add the link here as soon as I have something to start working with.

EDIT:
Ok, here is the thread at CFF.
Instructor
#24 Old 31st May 2010 at 2:33 AM
Hope you are allowed to do what we talked about!!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 31st May 2010 at 7:53 AM
This is a great idea Thank you!

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Page 1 of 3