Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixed Rat Race Magazine

by MogHughson Posted 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:16 PM
Thank you for taking care of this problem!
Banned
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:21 PM
Mog! I'm so happy you have returned to creating. Hope to see some more great things from you in the future.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:29 PM
Woo! Mog is the greatest!
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:10 AM
Thank you much for fixing this.

How EA keeps breaking stuff is beyond me. They shouldn't have even touched this code, right, since it affects an old part of the game. They only needed to code for hobbies, not screw up interests.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 3:08 AM
Thank you for making the game the way it should have been in the first place.
Inventor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 8:38 AM
I had no idea about that bug. Thank you for fixing it.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:03 PM
Thank you very, very much for fixing this!

You know, one day EA will learn to actually beta test their stuff properly before release. And then the world will stop.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Thank you much for fixing this.

How EA keeps breaking stuff is beyond me. They shouldn't have even touched this code, right, since it affects an old part of the game. They only needed to code for hobbies, not screw up interests.
As a developer of code in my real life too, I can see why they messed this up. It was the only one of the magazines not to use a constant, and instead coded a literal number with the correct value. When they changed to use a semi-global attribute instead of a private attribute they probably searched for all the uses of this set of constants, and changed them all, but didn't find this one since it didn't use the constant.

Just shows you how important constants are. Never use literal numbers if you can help it. One day you're bound to want to change it.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 1:09 PM
My Sims use the magazines, but I don't think I've had any Fortune Sims buy one yet...they're too busy. LOL! Thanks for this fix!

It's a neighborhood legacy
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:02 PM
This is wonderful! I never even knew that this magazine wasn't working correctly! Thanks for another useful mod....your abilities in reading codes and fixing them really amaze me!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Babahara : 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:20 AM.
I was trying to incease Work interest yesterday for one of my sims, and couldn't believe that I found a glitch: it wasn't working at all. Used a search on this site, found your fix, downloading it! Thank you.

P.S. Well, I'm not really downloading it, there is some problem, the download won't start. Hopefully it's a server problem, I'l just wait.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 5:32 AM
Oh the odd things left out in this game! Thanks.