Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teacc
I love how the neighborhood seems so much more lively now. I made my sim drill in the middle of the night, and she got a visit from angry neighbors right away !

My sim work all day so I just had time to drill in the middle of the night. A week later, I noticed that all my neighbors had -50 relationship points with me. D:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:46 PM
I like that they've added back that distance counter when you're building so you can see the size.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
My sim work all day so I just had time to drill in the middle of the night. A week later, I noticed that all my neighbors had -50 relationship points with me. D:

O.O Oh dear. I love to mine, and haven't even thought of the neighbor's reactions.

Makes sense though, since my sim's daughter and wife got the "irritated" symbol above their head with the miner machine on it whenever I drill in the backyard. The daughter went right up to the miner machine and was mad, and instantly my sim quit mining, LOL! I dunno if that always happens.
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin

Hehehe it's just like in real life

A really tiny feature that I love is the sound effect that now goes with the magic gnome disapearing/reappearing.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:49 PM
the inventions are fun but they don't always seem to work so great -- the "Harvester" makes my Sim dizzy, sick & stressed out -- maybe as my skill level improves, so will the inventions? It'd be great to stand there and 'suck up" all the harvest-able stuff ... but not if she has to barf five seconds later and is miserable the rest of the day ...

and I swear my first "Gnome of Invention" blew up -- spontaneously -- in the middle of the night ... it was on my porch, I heard a weird noise and that's the last I've seen of it ...
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:08 PM
The neighborhoods do seem more lively. I've tried to move my sims onto streets with lots of houses and I noticed I see my neighbors much more often, either walking down the street or chatting with someone in their front yards. This is very nice for my sculptor, who rarely leaves home but gets lonely and stir crazy. She made three new friends just by walking over to their yards and saying hello.

I absolutely love self employment. I have been waiting for this for ages.
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by donnellhouse
the inventions are fun but they don't always seem to work so great -- the "Harvester" makes my Sim dizzy, sick & stressed out -- maybe as my skill level improves, so will the inventions? It'd be great to stand there and 'suck up" all the harvest-able stuff ... but not if she has to barf five seconds later and is miserable the rest of the day ...

and I swear my first "Gnome of Invention" blew up -- spontaneously -- in the middle of the night ... it was on my porch, I heard a weird noise and that's the last I've seen of it ...

Well, once you build 100 Big Inventions, all Big Inventions after that are Master quality, meaning they supposed to never fail. Floor Hygieneators never make you sick on occasion, for instance. Not sure about the Harvester, but I never got sick using the regular device. I didn't bother with it much, though. I thought it was far too slow to be useful.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:45 PM
How you can flex about being a fireman when trying to hook up

Also all the buffs you get when you play a sim that's eco friendly!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#34 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
How you can flex about being a fireman when trying to hook up

Also all the buffs you get when you play a sim that's eco friendly!

unfortunatly if you've downloaded the Renault Twizy, you'll get a negative moodlet for driving it. Lazy programming by EA, as always

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:37 PM
I like that my Dramatic sim can Whine About Life or Fake Passing Out. I made her fake pass out at work as a stylist and the tattoo guy just looked at her and yawned.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:44 PM
I love the Education career. *cough* Even though 90% of my town's adults are apparently teachers.

One of my sims gave another sim a makeover and it went wrong, and now she's bald with crackhead makeup and weird kneesocks. That amused me greatly.

I also love that the sculpted toilets are usable. I only wish I could make one out of topiary.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:45 PM
I like the fact that Charice' song "Pyramid" is Simmified and included in the game.

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Scholar
#38 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missmudkip
One of my sims gave another sim a makeover and it went wrong, and now she's bald with crackhead makeup and weird kneesocks. That amused me greatly.

I wouldn't be amused if I had to use an ice toilet in winter. D:
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
unfortunatly if you've downloaded the Renault Twizy, you'll get a negative moodlet for driving it. Lazy programming by EA, as always

Haha, I forgot that I got the Renault. Just assumed the eco sims would be anti all cars but that's just stupid.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 9:55 PM
I am enjoying the unexpectedness they've added to the game.

Just this morning, my sims got wed. Then, my sim's dramatic wife started cleaning up the plates from the party when she came across a plate her husband was blocking. She stared at it with the most serious "Just you wait, when he moves I'll get you!" face. Then she was impregnated on her honeymoon, and the very next day he dies in a fire when something at the crafting bench exploded in his face.

So, I unintentionally created a widowed mother, who loves to stare at inanimate objects...
Scholar
#41 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missmudkip
I also love that the sculpted toilets are usable. I only wish I could make one out of topiary.

I'm sure once awesomemod is updated, you'll be able to. It seems a very Pescado thing to do.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Retired
retired moderator
#42 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM
I love that the spirit containers are stackable. They make great glowing columns for a secret laboratory.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Inventor
#43 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:54 PM
I don't have the expansion yet but I noticed with the latest patch that I also got the recycle bins. And a household had some newly generated people in there and they were both more unique/attractive looking sims. Thinking of uploading those 2 to my Sim page. The long blond haired male is a cutie lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Scholar
#44 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:07 AM
dunno if this was added in wa but you can click on raw metals etc and choose smelt all. also you can register to be a self employed gardener and make a career out of gardening.
Retired
retired moderator
#45 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:45 AM
Have teddy bears always stolen nectar out of the nectar rack if they're left in the same room? Or is that a new addition?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#46 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:44 AM
i LOVE blowing up sims cars for scrap whoops shouldn't have parked there pal! :P
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Have teddy bears always stolen nectar out of the nectar rack if they're left in the same room? Or is that a new addition?

.... what?
That has to be tried out

Field Researcher
#48 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:26 AM
Anyone have any info on the music boxes? I know they are all available under buy debug, but I'm wondering how they're created without cheating. They're so cute. And they raise the fun bar really quickly.
Scholar
#49 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:35 AM
there's 1 available in the kids buy menu
Field Researcher
#50 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:47 AM
But... I don't want that one. I want to find out where I can buy a ninja music box without cheating. >>
Page 2 of 5