Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 15678 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:19 AM
Default Sims 3 "Townies" Spawn Same Face
Hello and Help!,
I have been searching everywhere for a clear cut answer for this question, so excuse me if its been answered elsewhere because I couldn't find it.

So I have been trying to find a workaround for the "pudding face syndrome," and have encountered some statements explaining that the story progression (I use NRaas story progression and Awesomemod core) takes samples from the "sim bin" to generate new townies. I understood "sim bin" in this case to mean the library (the one in the bottom right hand corner in edit town mode,) so I went into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library and moved the base game families away into a folder on my Desktop (not deleting as per an suggestion) and created 4 "families" in CAS with varied genetics (not pudding faced) and they now appeared in the Edit mode library.

Now, I thought this would solve the issue, but I have come to realize that the new townies spawning (in my brand new neighborhood) are still generating that same "type 1 face" with different eye/skintone/hair coloring. So now, I'm confused... where is story progression is sampling its genetic pool from, and more specifically, which actual folder (i.e. in my Documents or My Computer somewhere?)

My ultimate goal is to safely delete/move away the Sim files that are plaguing my game with these horrid irritating genetics, so I can see townies being autonomously spawned/generated with different faces (gasp, what a concept)!

I attached an image including just a few of the said pudding townies:

Any suggestions/solutions to this dilemma? Is there any way to have a varied genetic pool
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:40 AM
They look different to me. You'll have to be more elaborate when describing how they're all the same, other than being Puddinglike, like Sims3 sims tend to be.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:52 PM
Thanks for the response!
When I say "pudding face," I guess I'm noting the similar features, and not necessarily the coloring. All these townies pretty much have those same almond eyes, and an unremarkable nose and mouth. If you look at the two unrelated townies at the bottom left hand corner, they even have the same coloring and facial features but one is an adult female and the other a teen male! When I mention a varied genetics, I want the townies to have a wide variety of features and utilize The Sims 3's many different facial sliders. I can see the hair styles, gender, weight, and coloring are different, but the majority of my townies have these same facial features.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:36 PM
I have the same thing happening in my towns, and it's SO irritating. I have no idea how to fix this.
Fucking Awesome Nutbag
DELETED POST
4th Jun 2010 at 9:32 PM
This message has been deleted by Damocles. Reason: Titan
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:58 PM
Yes this is so annoying, I cannot believe that nobody tried to fix this by now
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:22 PM
This reason is why I hate EA sims: they all have the same features and look so boring.

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:03 AM
I will look into this issue after I finish updating AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:33 AM
I completely agree! This agravates me so much. I play a neighborhood for many generations and everyones unique genetics get diluted until everyone looks exactly the same.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:06 AM
I had this same problem as well. I have plenty of custom sims in my bin but every new sim that moved into town had the default face that all the maids (male and female) have. I used awesomemod CAS to change them because I think the female maid face looks almost like Cher's half sister when you put makeup and new hair on her.

I do remember when the game first came out that sim families in your bin would populate the town. This has not happened for me in awhile.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:21 AM
So annoying glad I'm not the only one experiencing this if you looked at my sims you would think incest was going on or something.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:15 AM
I had the same problem til I used Twallan's Story Progression. It has the option to have townies genetically blended from your sim bin. I have seen some pretty good looking sims being generated by the game. For the puddingly looking ones, I just use the Supercomputer to fix their faces.

EDIT: Sim bin is the CAS bin.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:32 PM
I have looked into the problem. The reason this occurs is because all new sims appear to be generated with bland, sliderless puddingface, so every spawned-in-game sim looks exactly the same. A fix for this will be forthcoming in the next AWESOMEMOD: ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:42 PM
Yay no more puddingface! Thank you.

My Sims 3 stories blog - *NEW* Heather Legacy
My Sims 3 CC blog || My MTS page
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:10 PM
The same thing happens with adopted sims. They all end up having the same face the immigrants spawn with whether you adopt a baby, toddler, or child. Hopefully there will be a fix for this as it makes adoption even more useless and takes away from the genetic diversity of the neighborhood.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
I'm so sorry for causing this. I didn't realize I had such powerful sperm that would impregnate a small village. But I'm a responsible father now, and I will purchase cages for all of my little babies.

I love you all! Daddy will see you soon!

LOL!! ..........Serious??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:38 AM
Thanks Pescado!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri123
LOL!! ..........Serious??

Damocles does not lie, cause he is pure awsomness!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33tbrownsuga63
Thanks Pescado!

There's a button for that.
Alchemist
#20 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
I completely agree! This agravates me so much. I play a neighborhood for many generations and everyones unique genetics get diluted until everyone looks exactly the same.

'unique' genetics in TS3 usually translates into 'offensive to the eye'.

sadly.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#21 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:39 PM
That's sort of realistic. Real people are actually extremely ugly, which is why not being ugly is considered an exceptional attribute rather than a norm.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:42 PM
No, real people are normal.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christx101
So annoying glad I'm not the only one experiencing this if you looked at my sims you would think incest was going on or something.

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#24 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyblue33
No, real people are normal.
Which means "ugly", yes. There's "Attractive", "Ugly", and then it goes downhill from there.

As for the topic matter, the cause of Generic Puddingface has been tracked down and stomped in the prototype AwesomeMod, although the option is not enabled and more is being done in this field. You can accept CAS-dice level randomness, or, once I finish this next part, totally and utterly crazy randomness in which the knobs will just be randomly yanked every-which-way without the use of any EAxian "presets". The result will probably result in mass fugliness. Like real life.

Forum Resident
#25 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:12 PM
Pescado, I can see an AwsomeMod commercial motto:
"AwsomeMod, it gets the tough bugs out!"
Page 1 of 2

Section jump