Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 104 (Who?), Viewed: 18534 times.
Page 5 of 5
Eminence Grise
staff: retired moderator
#101 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 7:31 PM
Eh, I like the store anyway You can buy interesting stuff there, and if you choose not to exploit transfiguration getting wildly rich isn't THAT easy, assuming your sims are following their own priorities The fact that you currently don't get career credit from stuff you sell there helps too, heh. My inventor doesn't sell his inventions there, but he consigns the stuff he grows in his garden while working on his life fruit, including rare and uncommon seeds he picks up, and his girlfriend's sculptures and novels (you can actually consign a sim-written novel, I recently found out :O ).

Real estate is a good money sink, in the early stages of course And I really enjoy upgrading the properties. But I guess eventually you'd get to where the income exceeds the outgo.
Forum Resident
#102 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:44 AM
Is there a list somewhere of all the inventions? My sim in the inventor career is level 10 in the inventing skill, he's level 9 in his career, but when I click on the info panel on the inventing skill, it says he's discovered 88% of the inventions. But no matter how long I spend telling him to "invent" he never makes anything new. I've already done the robot opportunity thing, and I've invented the drill, harvester, floor hygiene spray, time machine as well as several toys and widgets. I can't figure out what I'm missing.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:07 PM
I leveled a painting career up to level 8, and I could sell every single one of the paintings for job credit at the consignment store. I then leveled up the sculpting career to level 6, selling via the buy menu, which also gave me credit. Then, I joined the inventing career(three guesses what my sim's ltw was :p), and selling inventions at the consignment store did not give job credit. So it works sometimes, and for some classes of items, but not for all.

EDIT: shortyboo posted while I was typing...isn't there a registration-only pack of objects that you have to get special from the sims website? I thought it had the ability to make metal sculptures and some inventions in it, among other things. It's a pretty weird thing to do...I can't install content from them(I can install patches, but not content, even the free stuff), so I can't gain access to all my items except via less than legal means. And the sims still wish for them!
Field Researcher
#104 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:56 PM
Fun thing -- When I had maxxed my inventor sims' skill out, there was an option to "Woo hoo in the..." with past or future as options. I was trying to figure out what it would do and did the two options about 8 times and have wound up with 5 "children" of my inventor sim and his wife. 2 were elders (from the future) and 3 were teens.
Scholar
#105 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:44 AM
Shortyboo: You need to make the "Mystery Invention" http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...:Sims_3_Sim_Bot

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Page 5 of 5

Section jump