Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 93 (Who?), Viewed: 27326 times.
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:43 AM
maybe i like it
Field Researcher
#77 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 5:32 AM
I really like the career so far.The only problem is that my firefighter's wife is a stylist and I have to constantly switch back and forth from them. I'd enjoy being a firefighter a LOT more if I wasn't always switching from his wife and him. They have the same work hours and he's not lvl 10 yet. I think he almost is,so soon it'll stop. I just love the idea of the firehouse though. It's like a little hang out for all the firefighters and you can practically live there.
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 8:09 AM
so many bug. need save 3, but only 2 victim...zzz
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:18 PM Last edited by donnellhouse : 16th Jul 2010 at 8:00 PM.
Finally had a chance to play a firefighter! I am liking it very much, getting larger fires/more people to rescue now and it's been rather challenging. I get mostly "A" and "B" grades, but I did mess up on my first big fire and got a "D" (I kept switching from extinguishing flames to telling Sims to run, I think it is better to do only one thing to completion first). I have used Srikandi's suggestion of creating a small, non-furnished lot next door just as a place to pay bills and call home -- my guy lives at the firehouse pretty much 24/7. Makes it easier to build up skills and keep the truck & alarm maintained and there's plenty to do there. I pretty much just socialize with my fellow fire-fighters and sometimes call people I've "saved" and build up skills when not on the clock. I can't imagine playing a fire-fighter with a family, or even just a significant other.

I did get the big house (Pidgin house? in Twinbrook) with the "deathtrap" bathroom, and I had to use the testing cheat to place another door, def. I appreciate the head's up there.

My only real complaints would be the lack of free time/energy to go to town and do other stuff (fish, garden) and the very slow building up of "reward points" (I am getting all fire/emergency related stuff that do give a lot of points when completed, but can take days to finish -- you need to be lucky and get the right scenarios, too).

ETA
Just had my first earthquake -- 3 houses with major fires and gas leaks and 9 people trapped. I couldn't find the last person at the one house ... finally found her in the hydrangea bushes bordering the patio. I actually had to move them to get to her, so be sure to look everywhere and use the cheat if you need to.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:29 AM
I was a firefighter in Niua Simoa, and all three of my coworkers were Elders and two of them died while on the job. Well, one died. The other had a Death Flower. :U

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:37 PM
Generally I like it a lot. My SIM had the life time wish to save 30 people, and that took a LONG time since not all fires require rescue and he got about one call per shift. I have seen the glitch a couple of times where you need to rescue three people but there are only two people trapped on the lot. Also, he's now getting that crazy high retirement pay, which can really shoot you in the foot if you're playing Legacy. My main complaint about that is not so much that I need to be challenged, but I like the game play to be as close to real life as possible in that respect.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:08 PM
My single male sim is a firefighter. I had him sleep at the firehouse. The followingthe morning, while he was upgrading the fire alarm, he had to respond to an emergency. Off he went in the Firetruck and extinguished the fire. While on his way back to the truck to return to the Firehouse, I noted that in his caree section there was 'Missing Work' showing in red. When he returned to the fire house it showed as, 'On the clock'. Why did he get the missing work sign?

I would like him to stay at the Firehouse for his workdays and return home for his days off. If I do this, will the game recognise that he is at work when his work hours start, or do I need to click on the 'Go to work' arrow under the career button?
Forum Resident
#83 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:58 PM
Default Fire glitch and inability to socialize with firefighters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranissa
I have the walls up when I fight fires. There were no fires in the windows from what I could see. - yeah, still no recognition he was finished.

Walls up, check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranissa
I don't have a censor blur hack in my game and apparently I can't see window fires, either. Anyone know if there's other things that cause the glitch?

Edit: Checked the official forums and apparently this is a pretty wide-spread glitch and not just about window fires. We'll see if it "fixed itself" as some have reported. Also seems to happen more if your firefighter *isn't* in Twinbrook.

No no-mosaic mod, or updated Ambitions no-mosaic mod, check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomiuk
Tried this and it hasnt worked. I got all my 3 sims out the building by convincing them to run and theyre all stood in the front yard now, still yelling and my work meter not changing. Fires all put out, all doors smashed down, even cleared up and nothing ;(

Told victims to flee, check.

And yes, Blaise Kindel was failing the most recent emergency because the inhabitants were hopping around the pillars of the home (waterfront property) as though there was a fire, even though there wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j030977
The glitches I've gotten are the same as everyone else.

And yep, they need to do something about firefighters who are not in the active household. My sim adult kids could only see their firefighter dad if they went to the fire house. From what I gather, they do come home sometime between 2am and 6am. They stay home for about 3 hours then go right back to the firehouse.

Cannot ever call or invite over other firefighters because they're always working.

Tip: I bought the Homestead Fire Resistance Lifetime reward as soon as I began to play Blaise Kindle. I had a feeling it would come in handy.
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 2:48 AM
I get kind of freaked out sometimes because my little sister plays a firefighter/stylist family with two kids, but she's been pretty good at managing it so far. And she's like ten, so I'm just saying that it can be done! There's just lots of pausing involved.
I haven't had any issues with my game yet, but I'll report if something comes up.
Test Subject
#85 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:08 PM
I've been playing the fire fighter career alot and found a few quirks which aren't technically bugs, well they are but they're livable.

1. Fires not all extinguished. This happens because some other brave sim passed by and played happy do gooder and put out fires if your sim is on the other side of the lot you dont get credit and it borks the event. Professional slacker love it live it cuz no harm no foul and I recommend sending your sim to the spa for the big package because that bell is going to ring till the time runs out on the event.

2. They're only 1/2 or 3/4 to rescue. Its a baby hidden somewhere on the lot and the little buggers are hard to see and can be hidden by basically everything. Rotate camera do grid searches call the coast guard curse alot hit pause till you find the little rodent. The worst I've seen is 4 babies to be rescued I should of gone to the spa.

3. Sim decides they would rather sing look in a mirror do anything but thier job. Some of the bigger properties are so big you sim doesnt know the emergencies there. Just hand walk them to the scene.

4. A major bug I found and wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

2 fire fighters 2 fire trucks on the lot and the second truck becomes unusable sometimes all vehicles on the lot become broken too, and the 2 sims warp back and forth home trying to use the 1 remaining truck even if commanded to go together.

Lastly someone mentioned they had a conflict with ghostbusting and fire fighting times. The ghost buster doesnt get graded so what I've done is just wait till the fire fighter gets home to deal with the new jobs or you can just click the little box and send them on thier own amazingly enough the ghost buster tends to do thier job(the poltergiest spook missions anyways) on thier own.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
staff: retired moderator
#86 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:00 PM
I'm not so sure what to make of it. I like the basic idea though.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my sim only gains tiny little bits of perfomance by handling emergencies. Her handiness and athletic skill were already maxed out when she started and she doesn't gain perfomance by maintaining stuff or befriending co-workers. She basically spends her time training the other firefighters in their athletic skills, which leads to the frustrating result that her co-workers get promoted almost every day while she needs a whole week to get promoted.

I just played and finally had a large house fire. One of the sims who were to be rescued was a visitor and had a terminal case of pregnancy. Just before I could get her out, the game threw an exception, reset her and warped her home where she got her baby. So the job couldn't be done anymore. Just great.

Is there a cheat or anything to end jobs prematurely or do I have to wait until the game finally decides to give me an F?

Robot Armed With Down Comforter Levels Apartment Building, Holds Mayor Hostage.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinnRomance
I really like the career so far.The only problem is that my firefighter's wife is a stylist and I have to constantly switch back and forth from them. I'd enjoy being a firefighter a LOT more if I wasn't always switching from his wife and him. They have the same work hours and he's not lvl 10 yet. I think he almost is,so soon it'll stop. I just love the idea of the firehouse though. It's like a little hang out for all the firefighters and you can practically live there.

SNAP!
+ 2 kids
Firefighting is so much fun.. the music is epic. It's probably my fav career aside from ghostbusting.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzler
Is there a cheat or anything to end jobs prematurely or do I have to wait until the game finally decides to give me an F?

Yeah, wait for everyone to burn to death and wait for the house to collapse... I really needed something like this. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't break the doors down because I had a mod that hid window fires.. it was so frustrating, I ended up getting a D!
Scholar
#89 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:55 PM
I like the firefighting career, the problem comes if you need to interact with another Sim in it.

For example: My Sim was trying to get the "grand master of chess" LTW but his next opponent was a Firefighter, who never went home so was always "at work and don't know when I'll finish" slightly annoying to say the least.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedsolo
For example: My Sim was trying to get the "grand master of chess" LTW but his next opponent was a Firefighter, who never went home so was always "at work and don't know when I'll finish" slightly annoying to say the least.

Yep, try dating a guy who never goes home. The only work-around I found was to go to the fire-station, and from there I was able to click on the diner and choose to eat out with..., as well as "tour science facility with..." to get them WooHooing. So maybe you could put a chess table to the lot, or visit the lot and maybe then you can go with him to the park to play chess.
Scholar
#91 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:46 PM
Yeah I'm starting to like the firefighter career more. Much better now my Sim has reached the top of the ladder *chuckle* and can work from home. Can't wait for the pension; they live in a massive mansion but because of her husband's expensive inventing hobby almost all of their fortune is gone.
Test Subject
#92 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 4:17 PM
Default very frustrated with this profession
Its the only one where i have constant glitches. I don't know what most of you mean by what mod you have. I know i have ambitions high end and night life. I play on the night life one. The glitches go from like the ones described about failed missions to not being able to go inside the celebrities gates to break them out of their home, to something as silly as trying to fix dinner and the pot end up being stuck to their hand at their own home and only ever being able to have quick meals and constantly having a pot glued to their hand. I've made 4 different sims cuz i had got hooked on the missions and things. but everyone of them had a glitch. I havn't had any problems with home design or ghost busting. I even didn't even move my last sim to a different house for thinking maybe thats whats causing the glitches. Then i just got so disgusted after the pot got stuck to her hand i got off the game and found this forum by googling to see if others had problems with that profession. If anyone knows of cheats that would help get this pot off her hand or advice to avoid the glitches that would be awesome. You all seem very computer savy which is something i'm not and would need the help dumbed down for me if you can lol. Thanks anyhow.
Inventor
#93 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 3:49 AM
Has anyone managed to get the Firefigther LTW of saving 30 lives? I had a really hard time with that because he was only managing to get 1 fire with people in it per week. I gave up on the LTW once I realized that at the rate he was going, he was never going to manage to finish it unless he became immortal.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 2:08 PM
I really like it... except when my game glitches. Like it just did a few minutes ago.

I was suppose to rescue three sims who were trapped inside, but I had to extinguish the window fires first, so I clicked on the little button to view another level, and then it wouldn't let me go back down to the first level. I could break down the doors, but could not go inside the house. Kinda sucked. I couldn't finish the job, and lost job experience.

My name is AJ, please, call me that rather then my username. :)

The Rose Chronicles - Random Legacy

My tumblr .
Page 4 of 4

Section jump