Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:49 AM
Does the snuggle bear give anyone else the major creeps XDXDXD

Rofl

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:56 AM
Hey! My Simbot was making some widgets for an opportunity and I got the Invention Gnome. She's kinda creepy (named her Eileen)! I like the cute little pose though! Some pictures...

I hope she doesn't go missing like Arnulfo...
Forum Resident
#28 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 3:39 AM
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:23 PM
Ive not found any Gnomes yet, cant wait to get one. I use my laundry everyday in the house.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:35 PM
I haven't seen the laundry gnome yet and my sims are doing laundry all the time.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by We are all trash
Hey! My Simbot was making some widgets for an opportunity and I got the Invention Gnome. She's kinda creepy (named her Eileen)! I like the cute little pose though! Some pictures...

The last picture is kind of creepy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clockworkapple
The last picture is kind of creepy!

Looks like she's walking in space. She also went missing! What's going on all my new Gnomes are missing!
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrizBehr
I was inventing on the work bench...making Many Widgets with speed up to 4, when the Magic Inventor Gnome I had made earlier just appeared on the Work Bench next to me...1st time I'd seen one move while watching.

Yes I saw my little troglodyte move too. Even though I've had lots of magic gnomes before I never actually saw them move.

I love my little troglodyte :lovestruc

Damn I just realised that I left him at the old house when my sim moved.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:15 AM
Looks like she's walking in space. She also went missing! What's going on all my new Gnomes are missing!

She should come back .... my sim made an inventor gnome, and it disappeared for a while, it suddenly re-appeared about a sim-week later.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:55 AM
I got the bear last night. I didn't realize it was a gnome, though, so I put it on a shelf on the inventor's daughter's bedroom. The next day it was in the yard. When my brother saw it, he asked me why PedoBear was in the game, which was the same thing I thought when I saw him.

I wish someone would make a non-moveable, decorative only version of the different gnomes. I like how they look, but I want them to stay where I put them and not have to chase them around the lot all the time.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:41 PM
I've gotten the Laundry Gnome twice. It just comes random from when you do the laundry (mainly from the dryer). It's cute but yes, it does remind me of the Pedobear LOL! I thought of the Snuggles bear, and that they probably based the idea on him, but since the Laundry gnome is brown he looks like the Pedobear xD!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
She should come back .... my sim made an inventor gnome, and it disappeared for a while, it suddenly re-appeared about a sim-week later.

Yeah, i had a regular garden gnome and the inventor gnome go missing on me for about a sim week, but they just showed back up one night.
Inventor
#38 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:05 PM
I'm still waiting to get a gnome of any kind lol
I've had the normal one before in the base game.
Just really wanting the laundry gnome right now.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:05 PM
This is completely new to me, haha. Never seen the bear or any of the other gnomes. Has to be tried ASAP!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Eminence Grise
#40 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I'm still waiting to get a gnome of any kind lol
I've had the normal one before in the base game.
Just really wanting the laundry gnome right now.

My inventor was overrun by gnomes... he kept digging up the base game gnome, had a couple of inventor gnomes and Sultan Sams from Egypt. I sold off the spares, though -- they go for 1k a pop, not bad Too bad you can't consign em though.
Inventor
#41 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:29 PM
I have yet to play with an inventor yet, that's next on my list. Haven't played the ghosthunting career yet either. Where does the troglodyte or whatever it's called come from? Time machine?

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I have yet to play with an inventor yet, that's next on my list. Haven't played the ghosthunting career yet either. Where does the troglodyte or whatever it's called come from? Time machine?

Yep, from the Time Machine.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:24 PM
Ahaha, just got the pedobear and saw it disappear from my location to stand on the washing machine in the basement. It's these little awesome things that make the game

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#44 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bcollins87
Time for AA meetings.

My magic gnomes always end up in the bar! Every one I've ever gotten has ended up in the bar.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:21 PM Last edited by donnellhouse : 16th Jun 2010 at 7:38 PM.
I just got the troglodyte this morning, def. from Time Travel (to the past).

Also, just sent one of the Simbots back to their old house (to raid the money trees) and there were 2 of the 'regular'-type magic gnomes there, this was the house where I "lost" the invention gnome, so maybe he reverted to the more generic type when I moved out and left him (where-ever he was)?
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:03 PM
Awh!!! I WANT A PEDOBEARSNUGGLESLAUNDRYCOMMERICIALLAUNDRYGNOME *ahem* I do laundry all the time and have not gotten one !

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it."
- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:37 PM
I'm sure it's not a coincidence that it looks sorta like pedo bear

Scholar
#48 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:30 PM
Great, younger people look at that bear and see Pedobear. I look at it and see the Snuggles Fabric Softener bear. Thanks for making me feel 100 years old, guys! LOL!

And to feel even more ancient, the invention gnome reminds me of the living zuni warrior voodoo-type doll who gets delivered to Karen Black's apartment and comes to life and chases her all around and goes all Chucky on her in Trilogy of Terror. This was from a movie I saw on tv when I was a kid in the 1970's. I had no parental supervision of my viewing habits whatsoever so I got to stay up late and watch that movie and then spent weeks afterward keeping a watchful eye on my dolls in my bedroom waiting to see if they'd come to life when I was trying to go to sleep and stab me to death. Here's a link that shows a little bit of that doll and explains more about the movie: http://www.filmmonthly.com/Horror/A...gy/Trilogy.html

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kindergoat54
How do you get this bear? does he just appear as long as you have a washer and a dryer? I must have him, he is adorable. It's like a mini Claire the Bear from TS1. I miss her.
haha me too i was a sim 1 junkie and so i saw her frequently
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 9:36 PM

dude try looking in the fridge i just read the article about Mysterious Mr.Gnome and it said he could be found in the fridge
Page 2 of 4