Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 10:29 PM
I wish I could get the WA gnomes!I don't have it,but I wish there were some way I could...For my next generation in my legacy family,I'm gonna try to get the heir to collect all the gnomes I can and just be overrun.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Great, younger people look at that bear and see Pedobear. I look at it and see the Snuggles Fabric Softener bear. Thanks for making me feel 100 years old, guys! LOL!

And to feel even more ancient, the invention gnome reminds me of the living zuni warrior voodoo-type doll who gets delivered to Karen Black's apartment and comes to life and chases her all around and goes all Chucky on her in Trilogy of Terror. This was from a movie I saw on tv when I was a kid in the 1970's. I had no parental supervision of my viewing habits whatsoever so I got to stay up late and watch that movie and then spent weeks afterward keeping a watchful eye on my dolls in my bedroom waiting to see if they'd come to life when I was trying to go to sleep and stab me to death. Here's a link that shows a little bit of that doll and explains more about the movie: http://www.filmmonthly.com/Horror/A...gy/Trilogy.html

I saw that movie when I was kid too and it scared me half to death. Another scary doll was in Twilight Zone when Telly Savalas throws his daughter's creepy/bossy doll in the garbage and then it turns up by itself on the staircase staring at him in the living room and says "I'm...(doll name) and I'm going to kill you." Whoa, scared myself just typing that.

What the heck is a pedobear?
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:38 PM
Grah! Now whenever I think of the Sims 3 Gnomes, I now think of the episode arc from the anime Ghost Hunt, the Doll's House. It featured a creepy doll that was possessed and trying to lure the young girl in it to her death. All thanks to this thread!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Inventor
#54 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:35 PM Last edited by Kestie Freehawk : 27th Aug 2010 at 3:17 AM. Reason: to add link to pic
Default No its when all the wash is done.
Quote: Originally posted by Kindergoat54
So the bear just shows up randomly?

I have gotten one four nights in a row, when you have all the wash done it will show up in inventory as you fold the clothes from the dryer. There is a snap and the clothes in the sims hands dissapear. You get the clean clothes and clean sheets moodlet and a bear in inventory. I have a pack of them and they like TV. They will be standing by the tv and then 4 am rolls around and they move around. One night I was worried that my money bag tree would die because it didnt have any fruit and 4 am happened and the bear was in the orchard with his face hidden behind a tree pointing at the money tree seed. I never would have looked for the seed without the bear. I have tried putting the tv on the garden channel and everything else to get him to do it again but nogo. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asse...ot_original.jpg

I do put them back by the bush every day.
Test Subject
#55 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Great, younger people look at that bear and see Pedobear. I look at it and see the Snuggles Fabric Softener bear. Thanks for making me feel 100 years old, guys! LOL!

And to feel even more ancient, the invention gnome reminds me of the living zuni warrior voodoo-type doll who gets delivered to Karen Black's apartment and comes to life and chases her all around and goes all Chucky on her in Trilogy of Terror. This was from a movie I saw on tv when I was a kid in the 1970's. I had no parental supervision of my viewing habits whatsoever so I got to stay up late and watch that movie and then spent weeks afterward keeping a watchful eye on my dolls in my bedroom waiting to see if they'd come to life when I was trying to go to sleep and stab me to death. [/url]

As soon as I clicked that link and saw the pic I had the classic "Ah Ha!" moment as I remembered the movie. Then I started grumbling because I knew it would be the one thing on my mind as I try to sleep tonight. The clown doll in Poltergeist used to scare the crap out of me. I still hate clowns to this day.

In regards to movies that may have left an "impression" on you as a kid. The one that stands out the most to me is Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. Made for TV flick that had me completely freaked out for years when I was little. The little monsters in that movie were creepy.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:38 PM
I got my laundry gnome from the laundry mat. He came out of the dryer with my clean clothes. I bought a washing machine and found that he *poofs* and changes position and location when I do laundry. There's a sparkle around him when he goes and a sound is played too.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kweri
There's...

Mysterious Mr. Gnome (base game) - standard gnome!
Sultan Sam Magic Gnome (WA/Egypt) - pharaoh gnome
Master Manchu Magic Gnome (WA/China) - martial arts gnome
Little Leon Magic Gnome (WA/France) - Napoleon gnome
Troglodyte (AMB/Time travel to past) - caveman gnome
Magical Gnome of Invention (AMB/Invention bench) - scrap gnome
Magical Gnome of Sculpting (AMB/Sculpting station(?)) - stone gnome
Laundry Gnome* (AMB/Laundry) - bear gnome

* In buydebug, this guy is called Abracadabra! and the flavor text says something like "you're not sure when in time you picked up this little gnome". Kinda sounds like it was first intended to be gotten though time traveling?

Sounds cool, I look forward to get hold one, if I'm lucky enough. I haven't found all but I did keep looking if my sims is lucky enough. Only 2 more to go.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:24 PM
I thought he looked like a red panda bear or a red racoon. In the picture I thought he was stealing fruit or something. LOL
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 7:09 PM
Finally I have collected all gnomes in the list. Now what?
Field Researcher
#60 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 9:58 PM
Wait for Late Night and more gnomes?
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 3:59 AM
Party Gnome! (with a bottle in its hand)
Field Researcher
#62 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 5:26 AM
At one point I had a Bear, Caveman, and Scrap gnome in the same household. One day when I looked for them they were all standing on the coffee table together, the caveman looked like he was gonna clobber the scrap gnome, who wasn't looking, and the bear was turned with his paws over his eyes like he just couldn't watch the impending clubbing. It was hilarious. I had a picture saved to my launcher, but my launcher died and I lost it.

Theorist
#63 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 7:42 PM
Most likely you can find the pictures in Documents
Forum Resident
#64 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 11:07 PM
I'm still waiting on someone to make decorative versions of the gnomes (that don't move around) because while I like the gnomes, I also want them to stay where I put them. I had initially tried just putting them all back each day, but it got really annoying.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I'm still waiting on someone to make decorative versions of the gnomes (that don't move around) because while I like the gnomes, I also want them to stay where I put them. I had initially tried just putting them all back each day, but it got really annoying.

I have one crazy idea: try putting them in a fence and without any gates and see what might happen. I'm just too lazy to try it out and normally I just stash in the chests. :D
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 11:30 PM
I just love my gnome!! I know I'm a little bit late on this thread, but I've only just got one and I did a search online to try and find some info on him. He's a little bleeder, he keeps moving around and tends to stand by my bed at night, which is a little creepy (even more so after reading this thread!!).

So how do I get the other ones??
Test Subject
#67 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hatosan
I have one crazy idea: try putting them in a fence and without any gates and see what might happen. I'm just too lazy to try it out and normally I just stash in the chests. :D

That won't stop them. I've had them show up in everywhere from inside the walls (in the "pillars" of some of the EA built houses) and in the glasscovered display cases.

I can't find my picture of the Mr. Mysterious Gnome in the walls, but I do still have Sutan Sam crawling after one of the Egyptian God statues looking like he's needing water. Mind you, when I got him, he was downstairs in the garden. He put himself in the second floor glass display case - and will continue to put himself there if you try to move him.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:13 AM
I have a ton of Laundry Gnomes. I've lost count how many I've found. But I'm doing a legacy so maybe that's why there are so many? Every generation has found one or two of them.

I haven't found many other gnomes though, except when fishing I get this sleeping gnome. I don't think it actually does anything though.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 6:58 AM
One of my friends has a vampire celebrity, and a vampire gnome just popped up in his yard one day! She's pretty cutesy looking. She was in a walking position; he left her be. When the Sims went to bed in that house, miss Vampy-gnome was in the bedroom, laying down, asleep! So cute! I might be getting this game soon myself. I don't remember what he named the Vampire Lady Gnome, but it was a good name...
Test Subject
#70 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 6:59 PM
I found a Laundry Gnome so I put it in the living room of my sim's house. My sim was inventing and accidentally set himself on fire, so I told him to go to the shower to put himself out. Then I heard a little cackle and the laundry gnome was standing in front of the shower with his arms in the air, so that my sim couldn't get in to put himself out! I'm sure that can't be coincidence, haha! Pesky little laundry gnome. Thankfully my sim had a death flower in his inventory so he wasn't gone for good... Anyone else had the gnome do pesky things like that?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 11:42 PM
I've found quite a few laundry gnomes. It's fun to see every few days where they will show up and what they are doing. Though I have yet to see them actually block a sim's path to anything. At the moment mine is doing a headstand in the middle of a one tile hallway and sims and gone over, around and through him just fine to get to the other side... thankfully.
I sell any others the family finds as they go for a nice chunk of change... just under 1000.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 4:25 AM
This is my favorite pose I've ever caught from my inventor gnome.

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Field Researcher
#73 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 3:35 PM
One of my Sim families got a laundry gnome not long after I bought them a washer and a dryer. They do their laundry obsessively, so I suppose that's why the gnome appeared so soon. I'd say it's pretty cute, though its resemblance to Pedo Bear can't be denied...

Funny anecdote: I found the laundry gnome and the scrap gnome posing on top of the family's outdoor bar during a birthday party for the children.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 2:07 PM
I just found a laundry gnome, he's cute and very helpfull!he's just poofing around the house from one place to another.. Then my dryer broke end I repaired it, my gnome poofed next to me and mopped up the waterpuddle in a cheering pose o_O But now I can't find him anywhere anymore... Maybe I should take a look in the fridge...
Field Researcher
#75 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 11:02 PM
i have no idea which gnome it is that i have, but the game named him kenneth, and he turns on the tv at night and wanders around the garden.
Page 3 of 4