Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 2812 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:16 PM Last edited by mikuo : 5th Jun 2010 at 7:40 PM.
Default Sims 3 Won't Start- Black Screen?
So, I just recently installed custom content.. realized the game wouldn't load, would just black out and go back to desktop. So, okay, I just took everything out, and made a new Sims 3 Folder, hoping it would run correctly...

EDIT:

Uninstalled brand new... ran with package files in the documents>mods>packages folder, and with my old save file... Still not working. I fear my computer may not have the requirements... But it was working fine days ago?

Help?
Advertisement
shiny!
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:47 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.

If it is not specifically asked, please provide the Quick summary only.
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Section jump