Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 1084 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
I need help! Update ERROR. MAC
I have searched for help all over the internet for about three days now and posting here is a last resort please someone help me.

A couple of days ago my sims 3 world adventures automatically installed an update, now i keep getting a message saying that the game i am running is not compatible with the data and that i need to install an update, but there are no updates to be installed. I have searched everywhere and i'm only getting links to help for PCs and my game is for MAC. I really dan't want to have to re install the whole game as i have to wait a few weeks to travel and get it. is there any way that someone could help me?

I would be so grateful.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:07 AM
You say "the game i am running is not compatible with the data"; what "data"? Do you have the exact wording of that error? Do you perhaps have mods installed that aren't compatible with the 1.12 patch? Have you tested running the game without CC?

Newbie Road/Wee Barnoid: Starter houses | Backdoor Lane: Urban lots | Baskerville | Middleground | Elsewhere

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:11 AM
I've gotten this error, and that is the wording, unfortunately. And I got it without any CC.

I think the exact wording is something like "The version you are running is not compatible with the data. Please update your game"

Sorry, I know that doesn't help. Dx I wasn't able to fix the error either. I reinstalled the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:37 AM
The wording is very vague which is why i don't know what is wrong. i have removed all CC and it is still happening, i have done EVERYTHING that people have been saying to do online and still nothing. I think WA has so many things wrong with it, especially after this update. Lots of people seem to be having the same problem. And its really bad that EA games never seem to have any advice for Mac users.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:41 AM
Do you think it will sort itself out if i install ambitions when it arrives?

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:40 PM
I would try an uninstall and re-install... I can't say I had this prob myself as I bought WA and Ambitions together and installed them one after the other.
So if you don't want to wait for ambitions, do a complete uninstall and reinstall of what you have.... or if you want to wait, try uninstalling and then reinstalling in order. (Base game, WA, HELS, Ambitions) You might have to update between installing the individual components though...

Honestly, when all else falls, a clean uninstall and reinstall usually solves most issues. That's why it's good if you have download versions to burn your DMGs to a DVD or stick them on a USB drive or an external - makes it easier but keeps them handy
(BTW, if you wanted to get Ambitions as a digital download for Mac, go straight to www.gametreeonline.com - this is Transgaming, inc.'s shop. Transgaming are the folks who make the Cider shell that runs The Sims 3 on Mac. Their prices are good!)

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 2:34 PM
I get the disks back on Sunday, so i think i will have to uninstall them

Section jump