Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Medieval Butcher and Candlestick Maker Home Businesses

by StephSim Posted 11th Jun 2010 at 11:49 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 2:19 AM by StephSim : Updating Info

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 3:03 AM
That's super cute. I've enjoyed your lots since Sims 1. Thanks.

You look sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that have been rolled up to a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 3:21 AM
This is awesome, great work!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:05 AM
Absolutely LOVE your talent! Thank you SO much for making my game TONS better!
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 7:37 AM
Amazing! You put so much details and work in each lot! thanks a lot!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Wiki Wizard
#6 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:47 AM
You build with such incredible talent, well done

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Jun 2010 at 12:49 AM.
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments...especially seeing that I'm of one mind right now..."MEDIEVAL MADNESS"! This too shall pass...but until my vision is complete...I shall build on!

These small 1x1 lots are ones I must be careful about the details in! I'm not quite used to them yet. I have a love hate relationship with them...but they are growing on me every time I create/decorate one.

Ooglafina...Since Sims 1 really? That seems so long ago. I'm glad to know my creations transcend my imagination and time in this respect.

Happy Simming ALL! I earned my right to Sim today by helping to clean out the old store to reclaim that space as a part of this old house.

~*~Stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:14 AM
I too have been a huge fan of yours since Sims 1. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and attention to details.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:03 PM Last edited by StephSim : 15th Jun 2010 at 3:19 AM.
Thanks Simaboder!

I was reading through your journal a week or so ago. I must say that I find myself humbled by how well you adjusted to the criticism of your work. It really puts things into perspective. But it also reminds me that it is important to have a solid understanding of the value your Sim creations before you take in what others think of your work both negative and positive. There is indeed value in it all. The concept of know thyself is so underated. Although there is another idea of keeping things in perspective that also is undervalued.

I appreciate the compliment.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 10:09 AM
Hello Steph!! I absolutely adore your creations and hope you keep the medeival project going because my sims are loving it!! I was wondering though, for these lots were there any specific spots you chose for placement?? I've really enjoyed your placement tips, everything comes together very nicely. You're really quite talented and thanks again!! =)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 11:38 PM
Sorry took so long to respond nemesis jay. Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. I do plan to FINISH Gwrych after the holidays. I'm taking a break right now to replenish my creative juices!

For these lots, because they are so small, I simply try to place them near the Apartments and Community lots. You know...kinda those cozy little medieval shops near to get your meat and candles. I'm sure you will find a great place for them.

Thanks again for the compliments and do enjoy the lots!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 9:52 AM
I certainly have been enjoying them!! As of now I only have 2 family's created but I am truly amazed by just how much work you have put into this project, you are amazing!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 2:24 PM Last edited by StephSim : 28th Dec 2010 at 2:20 PM.
- Thank you again. Yes...creating your Sim families can be a major task...especially trying to have sets of medieval royalty that don't all look alike! Happy king hunting BTW and Happy Simming!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 9:50 PM
Amazing! As always, but how did you make them only 1x1?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 7:48 PM
Thank you.

The 1x1 and other mini lots can be downloaded at the following links:

Residential Mini Lots
Community Mini Lots

Other Mini Residential Lots
Other Mini Lots

The first two links are of the Sunnyside Mini Lots. They are named because they were created so your house will face the sun. This is helpful for picture taking and as a preference. The second two links has alternative options, including vertical versions of the lots.

Happy Downloading!

~*~Stephanie~*~