Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Larger Recolourable Tissue Box

by Menaceman44 Posted 14th Jun 2010 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM by Menaceman44

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:50 PM
I was just decorating a house yesterday and thought to myself "gee, I wish I could recolor the tissue boxes... and they're kind of small too...". Lo and behold, you have fixed my problem! Thanks!
Theorist
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:09 AM
Yes! Finally I can put crazy patters on my tissue boxes! Thanks for sharing
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:05 AM
Yay! I never use that crazy tissue box it's too small. Love this! Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:19 AM
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:10 AM
Brilliant, thanks Those tissues were definitely too small. (Good thing sims never actually sneeze ) And considering that my first cloning mod was a tissue box recolor, I'm delighted to have it CAST-able! (Now, if only the toilet paper could match... )
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:17 PM
Any improvement of EA's original crap is appreciated. Thank you for sharing!!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:48 PM
Thank you! I thought those tissue boxes were kind of small, considering the regular size of tissue boxes. I'd use them in designs, but they always looked weird. So, thanks for this!
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:39 PM
Nice work much more realistic.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 2:16 PM
The original one was tiny and grey so I never used it at all, yuck! Thank you, this is a must-have!

Could you make a default replacement version? It would help unclutter the catalogue - plus the original one is so awful that it's totally useless.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:51 PM
I did originally attempt to make a default version but it screwed with the catalogue image and there was something else I couldn't get right so I gave up on that, sorry.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 12:10 PM
Ow, that's too bad. A big thanks anyway for this useful item, I'm finally going to clutter my houses with nice box tissues!
Banned
#13 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I did originally attempt to make a default version but it screwed with the catalogue image and there was something else I couldn't get right so I gave up on that, sorry.

You can make anything a default replacement by copying the OBJD instance details of the original in s3pe. Great tissue boxes too, btw. A much needed fix for EA.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:41 PM
yay thanks : 3
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 10:55 AM
At last, something you can clutter with bigger objects
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th May 2011 at 11:53 AM
how do you make tningd bigger? there's a rug i would love to enlarge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th May 2011 at 7:20 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 30th Sep 2011 at 9:53 PM.
You need to read the object creation tutorials in the Sims 3 section of the Create forum. Or use the TSR Workshop. It's pretty simple so long as you know how to use a 3D editing program.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 11:15 AM
Thank you! It's ridiculous how much that tiny tissue box annoyed me. I also use your resized magazines. I don't know why but the skewed scale of objects really bothers me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 5:22 PM
Now updated for Pets and the 1.26 patch

Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:49 PM
This is exactly what I want (so thank you for making it); however, the zip file contains a lamp rather than the tissues. Just thought you should know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:35 PM
Really? Ooops. Thanks I'll get that sorted right away.

Done. I guess I best check my lamp thread and make sure I didn't upload the tissues there.

Instructor
#22 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:39 PM
I don't know why I never saw this before. I've been wanting this for so long now, wow, you truly are awesome! :lovestruc That in game one is just so bad! Thanks for updating it for patch 1.26.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 5:14 PM
OMG!!!!! Great , Thanks!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:17 PM
You are a life saver with these amazing little fixes. Little things can do a lot, ya know~ I am glad someone did this. That too tiny tissue box drove me nuts...and my sims needed a tissue box!