Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 4:53 PM
so agree with Wojtek, I guess there trying to make it more realistic but why do half the people look like burn victims of that they have a really bad sunburn
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:27 PM
The Greenwood family might be the only attractive family I've seen in Twinbrook. Although the little girl from the Curious family came home from school with the daugther in one of my families and she looked very cute, so perhaps the genetics in that family are worth checking out. I've barely seen the Curious familiy in my town. There's a really buff looking dude named DeAndre or something like that. The stupid game lighting or rendering is blotching up his dark skin for me though. But he's nicely sculpted for an EA sims and sort of the Jon Lessen type (Jon's the rockstar of RiverView). I didn't encounter him in all of the various save versions I have of Twinbrook so I'm not sure if he came with the town or moved in through story progression. I've purposely tried to NOT read about too many of the townies because I want to be a bit surprised in discovering them for myself. Someone had posted a list up on EA forums and I took a glance at it to satisfy curiosity about some townies I'd seen but that was it.

The closer I look the more it appears a good many of the Twinbrook townies are elder or really harshly sculpted adults who look like something the Cryptkeeper dug up. I'm starting to wonder if Twinbrook is populated by some odd type of ghouls who feed off the energies of the young. That would explain why an elder or woman who looks like an elder got pregnant by a handsome young male barely into YA phase.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 7:30 PM
I usually nuke townies with no redeeming values and replace them with CASs >_> the rest get remodels to be less terrifying. To me, the base game sims have huge, balloon shaped heads and uninteresting facial features. Thank goodness for AM/slider hacks/default skin replacements...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:36 AM
i suppose part of looking 'ugly' has to do with the fact that they have very human features.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:19 AM
juansfalcin, do your sims look like your avatar? He is VERY handsome!!
Scholar
#31 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
juansfalcin, do your sims look like your avatar? He is VERY handsome!!

Oh why, thank you!
Yes, I made him, I think this hair is the only male one that I like from EAxis. :P
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 9:56 AM
IMO TS3 most Sims are ugly.
I liked the sims in TS2 though.

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 1:25 PM
I like, that they look unique. Isn't that much more fun?
As already mentioned, all newly spawned Sims look the same. This takes alway all the excitement when a new baby is born (how will it turn out to look like?) - especially with TS3's f**ked up (non existing) genetics system.
Scholar
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 2:03 AM
I find my TS3 townies be pretty after a few generations. I played Sunset Valley for 2-ish generations and I already see really good looking townies that I actually can use for reproducing xD In sims 2, NONE of the townies were good for making babies for me :[

Maybe try putting a few CAS made sims in your hood and wait a few generations :]

Only thing I dont like is when the game generates new townies, its almost always the same face. I call it the "Crandall" face because I played the Crandal family in Sunset Valley and the dad and son had that face. Then i noticed like 15 more sims have that same face too :[
Field Researcher
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 3:02 PM
Majority of the TS3 people are ugly! I use to love the TS2 sims they had some cute ones. I had decided to make a legacy family on TS3 because it's now different when you change the active household. I found myself creating some new sims in town. Lazzybum, was very correct. I made my sim male have a baby with Morganna Wolf and she had a daughter. Then she turned around and had one the girl was beautiful!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
Yeah.. don't know any humans that look like the first 6. WTF is wrong with #6's jaw? It looks like he was stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:07 PM
God, just looking through these pictures makes me sad. D: I'm gonna see if I can mod the genetics "system" EAxis has going here.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Scholar
#38 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 11:12 PM
Perhaps I've been lucky with Twinbrook, because most of the Sims I have come across haven't been particularly bad lucking. On the otherhand, beauty is relative and I don't expect all Sims to wander around looking like models. I find the variety of features - pretty or ugly - unique and realistic. Number 7 in the pictures...I don't see anything wrong with at all. Certainly not something I would term ugly.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
It's a she lol

.... I am.. amazed. That jaw with the shadowing looks like stubble, unless one looks closely.
Instructor
#40 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 1:42 AM
Yeah sims from Twinbrook are exceptionally ugly. They're even uglier than the Bunch family from Sunset Valley and the Grisby one from Riverview. The only exception is the woman from the Greenwood family as well as her youngest daughter Emerald.

The oldest Bunch son is quite handsome in my game (and I've seen Darlene age up to be lovely). The picture I took ended up being too far away so I'll try to take a better one. Right now, he's in the middle of Gunther Goth's second marriage (Delilah's first son with Gunther is actually, surprise!, Ethan's child).

I do admit, though, I take Sims right to CAS to fix them up if they are just too far over the ugly standard for me. However, usually a new hairstyle and some new clothes are enough.
Retired
retired moderator
#41 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 1:46 AM
#6 really is exceptionally oogly. But in an incredibly entertaining way. I'd be honoured to have such a freak in my town.

On the others. I don't count Sims caught mid-animation, which all of those are except for 3, which looks reasonably normal to me.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#42 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 3:16 AM
180 looks like some kind of weird super-deformed bobblehead. You been playing with Delphy's Bobblehead Slider?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#43 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 3:35 AM
WTF @ #6! O_______________O; Christ on a cracker, EA, no one looks like *that* in real life.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#44 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 2:03 PM
J. M. Pescado: I think you made a mistake. The sim in the picture number 180 (the last one) looks normal unless you were supposed to tell a joke . I have no custom sliders installed.
Its head looks huge for some reason. If you didn't accomplish this with Delphy's Bobblehead Slider, you did SOMETHING to give it that HUGE HEAD.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Its head looks huge for some reason. If you didn't accomplish this with Delphy's Bobblehead Slider, you did SOMETHING to give it that HUGE HEAD.

Maybe it's her hair that makes it look like that....?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 4:55 PM
I think it's her anorectic childlike body and large forehead.
Retired
retired moderator
#47 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:49 PM
I think it's the massive bushbaby eyes that make her look like a bobblehead, not the forehead.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#48 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:54 PM
If the head isn't too huge, then it must be the rest of it that is too small. The head is nearly as wide as the rest of its torso!

Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM
It's a she lol

A "she"? What the hell is she? A Dwarf?
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:19 AM
Haha the guy in pic 223, looks like he's been smoking too many illegal substances =P
Page 2 of 4