Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
The sim inherited the shape of the face from her father (my self-sim). In the picture number 144 you can see my self-sim and his daughter. Do you consider my self-sim's forehead to be too big? Is my forehead too big in real life? (See my avatar ). As far as I remember sims always have big foreheads (Sims 2).

Dunno why but this thread has given me the giggles!

Aww Wojtek, your self-sim and his kid are just gorgeous... but just ignore me really, I'm on a "love everybody" trip at the moment.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:54 AM
I use AwesomeMod's story progression and have Twallan's Woohooer. Recently I installed Twallan's tuning files for the Woohooer which makes woohoo and tfb autonomous.

When I switched to him, AM's SP had hooked one of my sims sons up with Molly Coddle, only I was surprised to see that she had this baby. The father is Phoenix Prudence, if I remember correctly. At any rate my sim and Molly married and time passed and I missed the kid aging up to teen but when I switched to their family, holy cow, her face was a wide as Wotek's #6 pic on the previous page! She looks terrible, like she has a bad case of the mumps, lol. I'm not planning to edit her in CAS, though, since I won't be playing her once she moves out, but I was shocked at how bad she looks considering Phoenix isn't that bad looking, relatively speaking. Maybe I'd better check paternity again.

But yeah, the sims in Twinbrook are not pretty to look at.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Inventor
#53 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
Perhaps I've been lucky with Twinbrook, because most of the Sims I have come across haven't been particularly bad lucking. On the otherhand, beauty is relative and I don't expect all Sims to wander around looking like models. I find the variety of features - pretty or ugly - unique and realistic. Number 7 in the pictures...I don't see anything wrong with at all. Certainly not something I would term ugly.

I agree with you TRIriana.

I just got Ambitions last night and was expecting pure ugliness in town from reading threads here. They are just not that bad. Most of them are normal looking, normal like anyone you'd pass on the street in any city in any state. I like them that way. I do not know why people want their sims to look like freakish models with their unnatural shapes. So there are a few wrinkles on the older sims, or some have larger ears, or wear different clothing. Big deal.
Inventor
#54 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:25 PM
I have more pictures of ugly sims in Twinbrook (probably the 3rd generation). The picture number 242 presents my sim for comparison.

All of the first pictures are so dark and shaded. I think that lighting would make any sim look freakish based on the lighting and shading highlighting random features. Perhaps you need to turn up the gamma on your video card settings ... or something. My game doesn't look that horrid lighting-wise.
Inventor
#55 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:10 PM
Wojtec, I think you may have made your simself's head a bit wider than your own. But other than that, nice job on simselfing. I always enjoy making sims that look like someone I know in real life.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:19 PM
In the pictures Wojtek posted, the Adults #13-15 aren't ugly. The rest, well, the pictures speak for themselves.

Also, I hate that poop green hair color as seen in Teen #8. I hate it I hate it I hate it!!!! I had a Stylist Sim not long ago in my town and it was my mission to change everyone who had that color. Hopefully with the way the game works, it'll go away.
Theorist
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:37 AM
I think the mutant-looking sims in Twinbrook were made that way as a tongue-in-cheek nod to US southern "rednecks". I think it's meant to be amusing and interesting, especially to those who really like unique characters. I don't mind interesting looking sims, but if you don't find some of the sims in that town unattractive, then you haven't zoomed in on them and taken a good look. Try the Stylist career and take a good look!

Although some of the teens in those photos are not the best looking sims I've seen, they seem to be a slight improvement over the previous generation. Maybe that means there's some hope for Twinbrook.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
With Sims3, even with most of the custom skins I've tried, brown and dark brown skintones look painfully blotchy.
This is an issue caused by bad DDS compression. You can avoid this by using RAW32.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:25 AM
The adults #13-15 are not ugly as you said. I put them here on purpose. I have completely no idea how EA came up with such ugly faces. I don't want my sims to look like models that's not the point. I think EA should find a way to achieve balance between uniqueness, creativity and reasonableness. I don't want every sim to look the same but come on my town is full of mutants or 'cosmetic surgery gone wrong' victims.

It's funny but I don't see a lot wrong with all of the people you have pictured. A few of them could benefit from a new haircut and different eyebrows. Sure there are some with some very odd features, I guess. I guess I'm not sure which of them you consider completely disgusting? Here's what I see (if I don't mention the Sim, I think they're unique and okay):

#5 teen just needs a different haircut. Certainly he looks a little effeminate but ... that happens. Eyebrow plucking might help.

#7 teen has a very unfortunate nose. I would probably take her to CAS, give her a nose job (something able to be accomplished in the "real world", after all) and a new haircut and she'd be lovely.

#10 teen's lips need adjusting - she had too many collagen injections. Otherwise, again, a new haircut and golden.

#14 teen - his eyes have issues. Definitely. Not much you can do for that.

#19 teen has an odd jaw. It's like 14 - hard to talk yourself into "fixing"

Of the adults, only 1, 3 and 4 are kinda creepy to me. I think the others could be adjusted with new eyebrows and haircuts.

I 'unno, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that.

I do think your self-sim's family is lovely.
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 7:20 PM
Many of thoose teens are very beautiful imo. But I guess I have weird taste.
I love my sims to have babies with ugly sims. The uglier the better
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:00 PM
I miss the ugly people in my Twinbrook. After 4 generations the town is instead filled with people with the same regular standard maxis face. YUCK!

Is it weird that I really find that woman on the left with the big ears attractiv?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#62 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeMews
I miss the ugly people in my Twinbrook. After 4 generations the town is instead filled with people with the same regular standard maxis face. YUCK!
AwesomeMod can help you avoid Vanilla Pudding Syndrome. Otherwise, good luck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#63 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
AwesomeMod can help you avoid Vanilla Pudding Syndrome. Otherwise, good luck.

Oh really? I should try it out then! Thank you
Forum Resident
#64 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 11:02 PM
I got some good ones... they are more or less glitches though lol.
Screenshots

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:38 AM
Wojtek, your sims are lovely but by the time you get to the grandchildren, they pretty much all look alike..standard EA faces. I rather like the diversity among the other Sims better than a bunch of sims all the same.

I like to download sims from a variety of sites to try to mix up the genetics but I am dismayed by the number of sims with teeny-tiny or really skinny noses, huge eyes, and females with very skinny bodies. And I see comments about how beautiful these Sims are. Sorry, but I like some character in my sims. They may be beautiful or plain but they don't all look alike.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:06 PM
All the sims are ugly. Even when they're pretty, gorgeous, stunning or whatever... when they smile or laugh, that's all ruined. Something weird happens with the tip of their nose and wtf is up with their lips? I'm pretty sure that when people smile their lips slide on their teeth, they don't jump off their face.
Test Subject
#67 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:17 PM
Well, I'm up to my 12 generation and the only family that isn't Maxis made is mine and the Sw0rd family. Everything else has died out and turned into boring maxis-pre-made faces. Nobody has any facial hair, nobody has any hats, everybody just wears t-shirts and jeans and the hair is either REALLY LONG or REALLY SHORT.
I really loved having a huge family, but going on holiday caused the family tree to mess up and start dissapearing, and then everybody in town was ugly and parent-less. Will probably give up. It's a shame, that's a good year of work.
Instructor
#68 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 3:57 PM
Well I use twallan's Story Progression Mod and the new sims who move in have various faces. I didn't set up any options but I like the way it is. I have nothing against variety but variety doesn't necessarily have to mean ugliness.

Again, all about what you think of as ugly. I would be fine with the Sims in your neighborhood after tweaking them a tiny bit in CAS. That was rather my point earlier: *you* may think they are ugly but not everyone will or does.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:08 PM
wotjek; lolwtf, the second one looks like a frog :D

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 7:46 PM
Wanna see an ugly sim? Check out the woman on the left hand side, (pretty sure its a woman, she appears to have boobs) click to enlarge.

Gotta love Twallan's SP, keeps the bloodlines fresh

Mad Poster
#71 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 8:09 PM
Haha the second guy looks like that weird masked man thing from Saw (never seen any of them so don't know the proper name for it).

Personally I like a bit of realism in my game. This means having some fugly sims. I actually quite like the challenge of making them look better.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 8:10 PM
they aren't that bad actually, the top one has "chubby face syndrome" as do most EA sims, and the bottom one, I believe those eyes are actually a "feature" of one particular family in Twinbrook, I have a family who look almost identical to him, can't remember the name though

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Scholar
#74 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
Why don't s3 sims have facial dimensions? It just looks like a pile of mass like this:
Scholar
#75 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Is he the son of Chase Bayless and Jeffrey Castor? Because he looks kinda like it!

I made a thread for this stuff not too long ago:http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=525479
Instead of digging up ancient history, use a thread that's only been dead for a few months.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Page 3 of 4