Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 4054 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Converting .sims3pack to .package files
As everyone knows, it takes waaaaay too long for a .sims3pack to install, and it's much easier to just click and drag the .package files into it's respective folder.

I have a lot of .sims3pack files that I simply do not feel like taking the time and waiting for ages to install, but yet I really do want the custom content in my game. (oh, and I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I only have the base game thus far.)

Anyway, I know there are plenty of programs to do what I want, but not really any for us Mac users.

What program should I download to help me in this task? I am running on the newest version of OSX and all that jazz.
And I really don't want to be installing a lot of funky programs to convert my spectacular Mac into a Windows wannabe. (Boooo, Windows!)

Help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:29 AM
I don't think there's a program to allow that. Hopefully someone else comes along to correct me =)

:)
In the Arena
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:48 AM
3Viewer is written in Java, which is Mac-Friendly.
Any other "for Windows only" programs works in Mono, or most anyway.

Links and more information can be found in sticky under "TS2/TS3 tools".
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:29 PM Last edited by LoofahFlufferduff : 18th Aug 2010 at 8:26 PM. Reason: fixed link
or....
check out this here
http://www.mactasticsims3.com/tutorials/tools
there's also some other stuff in the tutorials section... including HOW to run programs with mono and what to do with some of them

Unfortunately, if you want to mesh or mod for TS3 you will need windoze....

anyways.... MacTastic Sims 3 is just for people like you... Mac-ites who dont like windoze :P
(I am one of them... even though i'm running xp in VMware fusion...YICK!)

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com

Section jump