Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Game freezes when switching between build mode and live mode.
My game has been freezing randomly when I try to switch between build mode and live mode.
I've been searching for ages for a solution, there are some similar posts but none which have helped.
I upgraded my system recently, the game speed is fine, I have also updated the base game, World Adventures and High End Loft Stuff with the latest updates and it's only after I've installed Ambitions that it's been freezing.
Any help please!!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:42 PM
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki - Tried all of that yet?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:57 PM
i have indeed, played game with and without CC still keeps freezing. done everything i've read about on the net.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:22 AM
On one Lot/Household or all the Lots/Households in that save file?
On one save or all saves?

On new town SunsetValley vs Twinbrook? Same behavior for both?
You shouldn't have Riverview if you had removed all CC.

When does it kick in? Right away or after a few hours of gameplay?
Could you describe the freeze more? Sound, no sound, background stuff moving? Do you have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game, or how long until it resumes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:21 AM
It happens on all lots I create on all saves.
It hasnt happened in Sunset Valley, only in Twinbrook and it only happens when I switch between build/buy mode and live mode, but it also doesn't happen constantly.
It only happens when switching between build/buy mode and live mode after about the second time I try to save.
When it freezes the music still plays in the background, the cursor still moves and when I hover over an icon it gives me the shortcut to it. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game and in task manager it says that the game is running.
Also another problem I picked up on was that I'm unable to cancel an action, the sim stands stationary while the action is still queued with a cross through it.
I really hope you can help me out with this.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:37 PM
I have read that Twinbrook is a very buggy town. Perhaps, play only in SunsetValley for now if you care about the Sims/Lots in the game or need to do Legacy stories and such.

How_to_find_your_GameVersion

Copy and paste the first line of the skuversion.txt from the following locations:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin

Quote:
BG: GameVersion =
WA: GameVersion =
HEL: GameVersion =
AMB: GameVersion =
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:31 AM
BG: GameVersion = 1.12.70.006002
WA: GameVersion = 2.7.7.006002
HEL: GameVersion = 3.0.38.04001
AMB: GameVersion = 4.0.87.006001

Could it possibly be HEL thats giving me problems?

Thanks again for all your help.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
No idea!
And grasping at straws - so let's rule out mismatch unpatch game versions. Patch HEL manually to 3.3 from a direct download Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki.

Replicate all the testing you did before and post back what sort of results you get...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 1:59 PM
i've manually patched HEL, still have the same problem, ARGH! but it's ok, i've given up hope, will just play in sunset valley for the time being, hopefully EA will sort it out soon..

thanks for all your help
In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 7:18 AM
You might need one of the StoryProgression mods that clear out derelict vehicles and other world glitch - like overpopulation or underpopulation.
Both AwesomeStory (included in Awesomemod) and Nraas StoryProgression(by Twallan) has a "reset" world/town feature.

You have to read up on the respective sites on the exact how-to, though...to decide which mod has features that suits your gameplay style best.

If you already have been using one of these all along, then you should post a bug report at the modder's site.