Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 4890 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 1:33 PM
Default Mod for different gendered twins/triplets?
Ever since I got TS3 I've missed having boy and girl twins from TS2 and wished my sims could have boy/boy/girl or girl/girl/boy triplets. Does anyone know if this would be possible? It just annoys me to have either 3 boy triplets or 3 girl triplets. Can I find a mod for this anywhere else? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 1:52 PM
I did get a set of boy girl twins once. I had a family member who was high up in the medical field and he determined the gender of the baby. He said it was a boy. I then had her eat 3-4 watermelons. I knew she was at high risk for twins because of the fertility treatment. She had a boy and a girl. I know of no other way to get mixed gender multiples.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:50 PM
Thanks for the help, I will try that. Too bad the grandpa in my main family just retired from the position of world renowned surgeon.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 4:15 PM
or you can use Twallan's super computer, you can make your sims have twins, triplets or even quadruplets im just not sure of the gender though.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 6:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya_Alexa
or even quadruplets

One could do so using "Instant Baby", but not via a natural pregnancy.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:01 PM
Anybody know why they took out the possibility of boy & girl twins in TS3? It just seems weird.. do you guys know if this would be an easy mod or impossible?
Typical
staff: moderator
#7 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:12 PM
MusicalCats1 -I believe ksstrek already confirmed for you that it is possible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:21 PM
Ah, sorry, let me rephrase that: Does anyone know if there is a way to make the chance of different gender twins and triplets more likely? (Without needing a doctor sim)
Typical
#9 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:30 PM
Aha, I guess that would be dificult, as I would assume (without looking at the game data whatever) it is defaulted at 50:50 already - unless EA favour one particular sex (I ain't saying nuttin' ).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:41 PM
Thanks for the input. I dunno, whenever my sims have multiple births they have all one gender.
Typical
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:53 PM
Okay, there's a recent upload that increases/decreases the chances of twins/triplets to your liking here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407485
If you download a version to make it more common, then I guess it will, obviously, increase the chance of getting twins/triplets and then you will get more twins/triplets and then, consequently, the occasions in which you et varied sexes at birth increase.
I actually had the reverse - it was in TS2 that I never really got varied sexes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:04 AM
Thanks I think I'll try that.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalCats1
Ah, sorry, let me rephrase that: Does anyone know if there is a way to make the chance of different gender twins and triplets more likely? (Without needing a doctor sim)

It's an error in the EA-Core that causes the problem to begin with.

All the methods that other users specify are means of working around that error.

So there is no "chance" persay regarding having multi-sex births. If you don't explicitly do something, they will always be the same-sex.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:23 AM
Aw man Do you think it is possible that EA will fix this in a patch? (Sorry, I'm kinda computer stupid, so if this is a dumb question.. tell me)
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:36 AM
It has been broken since the inception of the game. It would probably take a miracle for them to fix it now... But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:14 PM
Okay, thank you for the great input, twallan.
I might make my sims have a baby right after their first one and keep the first one as a baby and toddler for a bit longer to make the ages even out.
Closed Thread

Section jump