Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Japanese Full body suit tattoo

by XJonasX Posted 8th Jul 2010 at 11:44 AM - Updated 26th Jul 2010 at 8:01 AM by XJonasX

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 1:24 PM
Having many tats myself I can appreciate this. Fantastic work of art, you have a great eye. Keep slinging that ink... Well done...

Save The Trees... Kill A Beaver!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 1:27 PM
This is probably the reason to still have some tatto accessories... Love it
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 3:44 PM
HOLY CRAP! Looks so sick! Can't wait to see what else you can do!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:06 PM
Absolutely gorgeous - I saw this in Creator Feedback and was hoping it would be uploaded. Beautiful work, thanks!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:15 PM
Xceptional detail! Xceptional quality! X --- okay that's enough from me..LOL! Thanks for these, they are beautiful.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:23 PM
These are beautiful and I'm definitely downloading these, thank you! Have you ever thought of doing full-body tats as non-default skin tones? From what I hear, it's not hard and there are tutorials floating around. Then they don't have to be re-colorable and it frees up a sock accessory slot. Just an idea. Thanks again and great work!

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Stupid monkey! "
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeyBubbe
These are beautiful and I'm definitely downloading these, thank you! Have you ever thought of doing full-body tats as non-default skin tones? From what I hear, it's not hard and there are tutorials floating around. Then they don't have to be re-colorable and it frees up a sock accessory slot. Just an idea. Thanks again and great work!

Yes, I have considered it, but if I do that people will complain that I don't make it on this or that customskin, while now everyone can add them to their favorite skin ...

So it's always something

For now I'm working this way, we'll see what the future brings...

And people, I have more coming, this is only the beginning. This is my first skin for SIMS3, the next ones will be even better!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:35 PM
Is there a way you can make them work as tattoos in Ambitions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rad_square
Is there a way you can make them work as tattoos in Ambitions?

Right now there is no way whatsoever to do this, because in ambitions you only have certain spots where you can stick the tattoos on... so a full body suit is impossible...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:50 PM
The first thing that I did when I saw this was say WOWWWW.
Excellent work.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM
This is amazing. Well done!
Scholar
#13 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 12:50 AM
Very beautiful!!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Instructor
#14 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 1:14 AM
Wow, that's hardcore tattooage - beautiful work!

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 4:13 AM
wow this is great work. i have been looking for a full body suit. i love this style of tattoos so much. happy you got your game working too. its strange how it works for some but not others. by any chance do you have single arm tattoos in at your disposal?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:25 AM
Absolutely beautiful! I hope you do more! I am wondering, what do the kanji mean? Do you have a translation?

I don't really think tattoos are that great in a non-default skin: skins are heritable and can't be changed outside CAS, so without a mod to edit existing sims in CAS things get really weird. Accessories are better--if the tattoo feature were more flexible, that would be better still. On the other hand... do you have any objections to sticking your tattoos into non-default skins for personal use? (Obviously re-posting would be Right Out... but the Skininator makes it very easy at the end-user level.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lytefoot
Absolutely beautiful! I hope you do more! I am wondering, what do the kanji mean? Do you have a translation?

I don't really think tattoos are that great in a non-default skin: skins are heritable and can't be changed outside CAS, so without a mod to edit existing sims in CAS things get really weird. Accessories are better--if the tattoo feature were more flexible, that would be better still. On the other hand... do you have any objections to sticking your tattoos into non-default skins for personal use? (Obviously re-posting would be Right Out... but the Skininator makes it very easy at the end-user level.)

Thankyou, all of you!
Well the thing is I designed this skin mostly a couple of years ago, so I don't remember what the Kanji mean, sorry.
I agree with you, who needs socks when you can have awesome ink instead?
And what you do with it for personal use is none of my concern. Reuploading it on the other hand is ofcourse a big no no!
Sockpuppet
#18 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:07 AM
Congrats, looks awsome!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:44 PM
OMG I loved these tattooed skins in my TS2 game. Are you going to make the other full body one with the heart in the front middle of the neck? I absolutely LOVED that one!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:21 AM
Would you take a request? Your work here is astounding!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:46 AM
Wow, fantastic job! The meanings of the kanji:
力 - power
名 - name, noted, distinguished
I can't make out the one in the middle. XD
忠 - loyalty, faithfulness
義 - righteousness, justice
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 7:31 AM
@ Rainbow Brite= I'll keep you posted on that.

@ DarkSakura= I used to get a lot of requests like "please do the tattoos of bla bla" most of the time they would send me like one low resolution picture with bad lighting.
So I have never done a request, but PM me if you think you have an intersting request. No guarantees though, it's just so much work... I can't bring myself to work 30 hours on something that doesn't interest me...

@Alarmingduplicity: Very nice, thankyou!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM
Just beautiful!

Having done lots of non-default skins, I think that this particular detailed tatoo would not work as a non-default skin. It would have to be on the base skin and the color sliders would alter the underlying colors. I suppose you could make it attached to a white slider, which has no color variation at all, but I'm not sure what the point would be. I think that highly detailed work like this is better as an accessory.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 7:01 AM
I'm in love with the virgo one... I've been debating getting a virgo tat in RL... and I kinda want to get this for myself!
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 7:36 AM
The Sims hasn't been the same without awesome ass Jonas tattoos. Welcome to the Sims 3 dear! The tat's look great!

Fat, married and completely uninterested.
Page 1 of 2