Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

14 Tees - Maxis basegame recolors with alpha edits - Defaults and Non-Defaults

by billielith Posted 29th Jun 2010 at 5:04 AM - Updated 25th Jul 2018 at 11:26 AM by billielith

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:28 AM
These are so great, *now* I will use those shirts Maxis provided, cause they're sexy now! Thanks muchly!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 6:40 AM
Glad to make your old stuff useful. :P

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:41 AM
This is just what I needed! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The recolors are excellent, and I love how you've turned this fugly T-shirt in to a sexy one!
Blood&Tears is also very pretty, and will come in useful! Thank you again!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:06 AM
Thanks. Your appreciation is well appreciated :D
Blood & Tears useful? Would be curious to see what you'll do with that.

Instructor
#6 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:31 PM
What a wonderful idea. I might actually use those now, and the townies who already wear them will finally look nice. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:39 PM
I don't use most of those tops, but there is one maybe two that I do deliberately use (though for the sims that use them it would be helpful if they where a little longer, because those sims want less skin showing, but that's an entirely different story). The question is, can you chose individual files? I would like to download the default ones and take out the files for the one or two that I acutally use and then download the nondefault ones so I can get the one or two that replace the ones I use as nondefault. Is this possible? Or do I have to chose one or the other?

If it comes down to to a choice of one or the other I'll probably go ahead and get them as default, but I'd prefer to keep the ones I use . . . hmm. Wonder if I can get get my sister make a nondefault version of the maxis ones with longer tops to cover the bellies. I'm not sure if she knows how to do that or not, but she knows more than I do.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:22 PM
Thanks DutchXFan! Glad you like.

Quote: Originally posted by Faerieimp
I don't use most of those tops, but there is one maybe two that I do deliberately use (though for the sims that use them it would be helpful if they where a little longer, because those sims want less skin showing, but that's an entirely different story). The question is, can you chose individual files? I would like to download the default ones and take out the files for the one or two that I acutally use and then download the nondefault ones so I can get the one or two that replace the ones I use as nondefault. Is this possible? Or do I have to chose one or the other?

If it comes down to to a choice of one or the other I'll probably go ahead and get them as default, but I'd prefer to keep the ones I use . . . hmm. Wonder if I can get get my sister make a nondefault version of the maxis ones with longer tops to cover the bellies. I'm not sure if she knows how to do that or not, but she knows more than I do.

Which Maxis ones do you use? I could make a different version of the defaults for you, with a few less, just tell me which Maxis ones you would like to keep. Then you could download the non-defaults and keep just the missing ones.

For longer tees, when I know which ones you want, I might try to come up with something.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:35 PM
Very nice! These will look lovely on my Sim ladies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:08 PM
Hey there fakepeeps! Love your clothes for kids sims.

Glad that you like this set. I'm finishing a bunch of jeans that'll go with them too.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:47 PM
Awww no teen defaults? (I think teens have these shirts; if not, my bad!) Anyways, I love these! The Blood & Tears shirt isn't a default, is it? Anyways, thank you!

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:58 PM
Very nice--a complete change in look from Maxis. Much more flattering, and they work with a variety of fashion possibilities--thanks!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 12:20 AM
I really like the neckline but I can't stand short tops. Any chance you'd make a longer/untuckable version?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 6:19 AM Last edited by billielith : 30th Jun 2010 at 7:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Awww no teen defaults? (I think teens have these shirts; if not, my bad!) Anyways, I love these! The Blood & Tears shirt isn't a default, is it? Anyways, thank you!

The defaults are already usable by teens too! (I just found that out by looking in my Bodyshop)

The Blood & Tears is hiding behind the red V-neck in the Default versions.

Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
I really like the neckline but I can't stand short tops. Any chance you'd make a longer/untuckable version?

Untuckables? Now that's something I never did. I'll take a look at the shirt again to see where it ends at the bottom on the mesh as it is, and see if it can be made into untuckables without changing the mesh. Else I guess I could make a longer "tucked" version at least.

Not actually evil.
#15 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 7:50 AM
billielith There are two existing defaults that may be of use to you.
HP has made a longer version of the Maxis tees, and I have a fully untucked version.
If you want to make longer tees with your new neckline, you could start from one of those versions
and save yourself some time.
I do like the neckline, but prefer longer tees myself.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 9:30 AM Last edited by billielith : 30th Jun 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
billielith There are two existing defaults that may be of use to you.
HP has made a longer version of the Maxis tees, and I have a fully untucked version.
If you want to make longer tees with your new neckline, you could start from one of those versions
and save yourself some time.
I do like the neckline, but prefer longer tees myself.

Thanks for the suggestion and help.

Apparently with the jeans/pants I had chosen, an alteration of the mesh would be necessary for untucked ones, else it doesn't look good. I can make longer "tucked" ones though.

Not actually evil.
#17 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 7:12 PM
Alteration of which mesh, shirt or pants? The tee mesh is suitable for untuckable recolors, if I recall, and if not, then my default mesh is.

If it's the pants mesh, then just match the UV at the waist to the UV of an untuckable shirt. My "UV data merge" MilkShape plugin does this. You'll also need to match the normals at the waist, of course. Wes_h "normal data merge" plugin for that.

When you release those pants, it would be sweet if they worked right with untuckable shirts. They look quite nice in your pics.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:41 AM Last edited by billielith : 1st Jul 2010 at 3:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Alteration of which mesh, shirt or pants? The tee mesh is suitable for untuckable recolors, if I recall, and if not, then my default mesh is.

If it's the pants mesh, then just match the UV at the waist to the UV of an untuckable shirt. My "UV data merge" MilkShape plugin does this. You'll also need to match the normals at the waist, of course. Wes_h "normal data merge" plugin for that.

When you release those pants, it would be sweet if they worked right with untuckable shirts. They look quite nice in your pics.

I think it is both. The waist doesn't work together indeed, for the pants it is a bit too thick on the sim compared to the shirt, and the shirts become weird on the sides past the pants line. Might be due to the pants mesh, not sure.

Match the UV, match the normals, wish I knew what you mean, lol sorry. I never worked with meshes at all.

Wish I could make them untucked-friendly too, I didn't see many ripped jeans around. I hope I'll have the freetime to learn to mesh.

Might be easier to stick my pants textures on already-untuckable-friendly pants? I dunno.

Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 8:25 PM
Cute! Like the blood and tears one- looks like Bella after she gets massacred by Edward. :P
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DelphiniumChaos
Cute! Like the blood and tears one- looks like Bella after she gets massacred by Edward. :P

lol. I'll have to try one of these premade families someday. In years of playing Sims 2, I never did. :P

Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:08 PM
A bit too floozie for my tastes, though if it didn't show so much belly- or show belly and less collar. Either way. I agree with harlequin eyes on this.

~Life is what you make it. Happiness is a state of mind~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 8:31 PM
I'll upload a longer version soon hiding the evil belly. For "show belly and less collar", the Maxis ones already do that.

Instructor
#23 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:46 AM
The shirts look a lot nicer, but I'll wait for the longer versions, because I'm tired of belly showing Maxis (or otherwise) shirts. XD
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:34 PM
Cool, here they come

Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:11 PM
Wonderful! Going to use all of the ones I am finding to replace my default, they look superb thank you. ^__^!
Page 1 of 2