Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Patch Downloader

by FordGT90Concept Posted 10th Jul 2010 at 12:11 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2019 at 12:46 AM by FordGT90Concept

1452 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1087 Feedback Posts, 364 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 59
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:17 PM
I downloaded and then extracted the file, but when I try to run it my operating system (Windows 7) aborts the program: "This program seems to have stopped working."

Help?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:47 PM Last edited by FordGT90Concept : 11th Jul 2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removed dead link.
Hmm, are you running a non-English install of The Sims3 by any chance?
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:10 PM
I'm running the german game version and all went fine. Your programm is awesome!
I couldn't patch my game because it says, that it's ne newest version! But it isn't. No patch available. Then I used your tool, downloaded the patches and installed them manually. My game works, like it should, also CAW.
Thank you very much!
:D
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:21 PM
I'm glad your file is now available here also, will facilitate communications.
Inventor
#6 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:55 PM Last edited by romagi : 10th Jul 2010 at 5:17 PM.
Thanks! I love this. It appears I was missing several patches.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:59 PM
Thank you so much for this! I knew I was missing several patches because my mother's game was always notifying her of updates but mine never did (and I couldn't download the patches via the launcher). Thank you for creating this!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:05 PM
Thanks again, and congrats on a job well done!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:08 PM
Wonderful. I had no idea I was missing so many patches. Thank you for this!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:46 PM
Wonderful program.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:38 PM
The Official Launcher didn't update my WA or HELS executables. This did. Thanks for a job well done!
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:22 AM
Thanks for a great program! I was missing about 6 patches the launcher did not inform me of.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:16 AM
I really wanted to use this program, but when I tried to download, I got a horrible warning about a virus trying to attack my computer. I'm scanning now and will let you know if there was any validity in the threat.

[
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:51 AM
You've even forced LAA. Awesome.
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:39 AM
Wonderful program. We can save the patch in HDD, without need to redownload it again in the future.

I have a question about Download All feature. If I have WA, HEL and Ambitions EP, should I download all the patches? Or I just need to download the based game and the latest EP (Ambitions)? Usually the launcher just downloading 2 files.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 7:42 AM
Thanks... this fixed my broken game when the official site could only tell me wait for an official solution.

Why are officials so slow? :P
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
I have a question about Download All feature. If I have WA, HEL and Ambitions EP, should I download all the patches? Or I just need to download the based game and the latest EP (Ambitions)? Usually the launcher just downloading 2 files.

EA, officially, only says most recent expansion/stuff pack + base game. I think that's silly. If they weren't making changes to HELS and WA, for example, then why are they incrementing the version number? I say update them all. I bet half of the problems people are having over at the TS3 forum may be because they aren't patching them all.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 9:10 AM
I have to thank you for this! I have been having a few problems with my game and when I ran your program it turns out that WA and HELS had not been updated all the way. I don't know why because I downloaded and installed the updates for them through the Launcher. With all the patches in place now the problems I'm having should go away. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:19 PM
Default It works!
Quote: Originally posted by FordGT90Concept
Hmm, are you running a non-English install of The Sims3 by any chance?

Maybe you could try extracting all the files out of this zip, running it, and see if it gives you an exception list:
http://fordgt90concept.homeip.net/ts3pd_160_debug.zip

Thank you very much! It works now!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:28 PM
Odd, the only difference between that version and the one on the download page is the debug symbols. Maybe you got 1.5.1 and ran into one of the bugs that were fixed in 1.6.0? Oh well, I'm glad it is working for you now.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:32 PM
Fantastic and very useful program! Thank you. :lovestruc
It appears EA, for some strange reason, only updates Base and latest add-on when it comes to patches, and I was missing some.
Without your program I would never know.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:58 PM
This is awesome! My game said it was already up to date (when it was obviously not *facepalm*) SO then i downloaded his and now its updating perfectly! ;D Thanks muchly!

Bring on the Polo necks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 1:53 PM
Wait, so where do I save the game update? I click the automatic button, but where do I save it to??

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brooks
Wait, so where do I save the game update? I click the automatic button, but where do I save it to??

Where you can find it. I always save them to the desktop. You can delete them or back them up after they are installed.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:00 PM
Actually Im pretty sure that large address aware increases the amount of virtual memory used. Meaning space on the hard drive that windows uses as RAM. 64 bit applications can already use 2+ but 32 bit applications such as TS3 need to be manually adapted to do that. I found a patcher called 4gb patch hovering over at the ts3 forums and it fixed the random crashing. Im assuming LAA is the same thing.
**Edit** Yep I was right, I downloaded your program, very handy by the way thx, and it already said my ambitions was LAA true when i patched it with 4g patch. It would be a good idea if you changed the text that says LAA allows it to use more RAM because this isnt true. Change that to virtual memory and then it will be correct. Anyway great program, I love it!
Page 1 of 59