Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delightful Home + basegame version

by meriel Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:35 PM - Updated 3rd May 2011 at 3:32 PM by meriel

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM
Very nice. I like those modern style luxury houses. Thx for sharing.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:23 PM Last edited by lunajumper44 : 4th Jul 2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Having Issues
Default Game Crasing
I have the required expansions, but whenever I try to go into the lot, my game crashes. Why?
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 6:39 PM
Meriel, I see you made another modern colourful home again. I can say about this only one, it's look like wonderfull. Although I'm not too interested in such homes but it's all the same to me, becouse I just wanna to say you,that I really love all things, what you are doing
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lunajumper44
I have the required expansions, but whenever I try to go into the lot, my game crashes. Why?

I seem to be having the same probem.
The house looks really nice, so I would love to use it. But the game crashes everytime i try to enter the lot. :/

(The answer is probably very obvious, I'm just too dumb too see it)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tihagro
I seem to be having the same probem.
The house looks really nice, so I would love to use it. But the game crashes everytime i try to enter the lot. :/

(The answer is probably very obvious, I'm just too dumb too see it)

I see... well I contacted lunajumper44 by PM about this because I have a theory about the problem and I want to try something. I'm thinking it could have something to with the terrain, I hadn't even considered the fact that it could cause problem before but I realized the terrain I used is also from an expansion, don't know from which though.
I'll update the upload when I've found out what the problem is.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 6:26 PM
Just want to say thanks so much for sharing this house with us. Its amazing just how close it resembles the pictures. Love the open floor plans with the tall ceilings. You have a great talent for design so keep up the excelent work. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruralokie
Just want to say thanks so much for sharing this house with us. Its amazing just how close it resembles the pictures. Love the open floor plans with the tall ceilings. You have a great talent for design so keep up the excelent work. Thanks again.

Thank you, that means a lot!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:30 PM
its very very nice but why couldn't you put up a furnished version for us? :S
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:39 PM Last edited by meriel : 13th Oct 2010 at 8:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pnkpanther
its very very nice but why couldn't you put up a furnished version for us? :S

I'm really sad about that, it was the original idea, but the furnished version's size was just way to big. The size limit for uploading is 10mb and the furnished version was about 28mb (115mb as a Sims2Pack file.) I tried again and again to remove objects and re-package the lot but it didn't do much different so in the end I gave up.

You can still get the furnitures though, if you fancy them. If anyone wants a specific item from the furnished-screenshot, I could give drections.

EDIT: I now have a list of links to each item seen in the furnished pic. You can find it in my journal.
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 6:33 PM
This home is beautiful! I'm a sucker for modern architecture; this house is very well done. Good work

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:03 PM
Im still having the crashing problem after changing to the new version of this house, but i tried using some of the items in a different house and im seeing flashing blue windows so the windows might be the problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by greywolf25
Im still having the crashing problem after changing to the new version of this house, but i tried using some of the items in a different house and im seeing flashing blue windows so the windows might be the problem?

If the windows are blue then the problem is problaby that you need the window-set's master file, you can get it here:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=257715

(It should've been included in the lot package though, but oh well...)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 1:26 AM
It'd be very helpful if you actually LINKED to the FURNITURE threads, not just to the creators' profiles. Then again, you didn't even LINK to the creators'. Other than that, very nice
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 8:08 PM Last edited by meriel : 20th Jan 2011 at 2:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
It'd be very helpful if you actually LINKED to the FURNITURE threads, not just to the creators' profiles. Then again, you didn't even LINK to the creators'. Other than that, very nice

Here you go:
http://www.modthesims.info/journal....wjournal&j=1078
(Entry posted at October 13th, 2010)

The reason I didn't do this in this thread is that I didn't think it was necessary to fill this upload thread with even more links to objects that isn't even included in the lot package. I just included the picture to show my intensions on certain things.
Anyways, I've done that now so I hope it helps.

And thanks.
Site Helper
#16 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Feb 2011 at 7:37 PM.
The reason that people are crashing is because this lot requires Apartment Life plus some number of earlier EPs, at least Nightlife, Open for Business, and Bon Voyage.

Even the "NO Expansions Required" version requires (at least) Apartment Life. [Update: no longer true, since the house was rebuilt with the AnyGameStarter]
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The reason that people are crashing is because this lot requires Apartment Life plus some number of earlier EPs, at least Nightlife, Open for Business, and Bon Voyage.

Even the "NO Expansions Required" version requires (at least) Apartment Life. [Update: no longer true, since the house was rebuilt with the AnyGameStarter]

install all expansion packs and that will slove all sims 2 game or custom content problems .
i have all sims's 2 expansion an stuff packs , an i have no problem installing
people's creations .....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 5:32 PM
Thank you for making a basegame version. As my poor older computer just refuses to even work with the Uni expansion, I enjoy it when I can find things for the base game I can add. *sigh* one of these days I'll be able to get a higher end comp and add a exp pack or two, or more.. but until then.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 3:29 PM
I LOVE this! This is awesome and really inspires me to make my own houses.
I like your style.
But... I really want that reflective floor ¬¬ Where can I get it?
Again, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 7:39 PM
Sakirandom -

Wait, what reflective floor? ...I feel like I'm missing something about my own house here.
I haven't used any reflective floors here, not in the furnished version either.

I managed to find this though:
Reflective Floor 1x1@TSR
It's free. And make sure to get the required item too (also free).

And thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meriel
Sakirandom -

Wait, what reflective floor? ...I feel like I'm missing something about my own house here.
I haven't used any reflective floors here, not in the furnished version either.

I managed to find this though:
Reflective Floor 1x1@TSR
It's free. And make sure to get the required item too (also free).

And thanks a lot!

Yay! Thank you :3
But... I have already downloaded it before and it only looks like a black floor to me. I downloaded the shader or whatever it is too!
But, thanks again! i'll try again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 9:08 PM
Thanks You!