Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Basic Sport Tops/Bras for Teens, YA/A and Elders

by Marcos_Edson Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2010 at 2:45 AM by Marcos_Edson : even more info and new file

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:05 PM
Very nice thanks.

I really like all your basic underwear and swimmwear clothes .

I have a question though, what's the difference between the bumped and bumped free versions ?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:23 AM
i love how with everything you do, you're always doing more than one style and for all age groups.

i love these! keep up your work. i enjoy what you make.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 8:46 AM
These are so great! Thanks for a seriously needed addition!
Theorist
#5 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:16 PM
These are great, thank you so much :-)
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:30 PM
Another great creation of yours!
I've downloaded all your creations.
Keep on! Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:37 AM Last edited by Marcos_Edson : 8th Jul 2010 at 6:39 AM. Reason: typo...
Thanks all, I´m glad to know people like my small contributions to the community. :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by zarmor
Very nice thanks.

I really like all your basic underwear and swimmwear clothes .

I have a question though, what's the difference between the bumped and bumped free versions ?

Thanks to the way Sims 3 clothes were done, when making recolors we are stuck with the original clothes bump map as they are "tied" to the clothes' meshes. In the new picture I uploaded we can see the "ghost" of the bikini top over the sport bra. As many have said before, "What were they thinking?!". So, to have a new bump map (just a flat one in this case) it´s necessary to include the meshes in a package with the new bump map image...
I guess most people won´t really notice it in regular gameplay, the "leftovers" as I use to call them will only hurt your eyes if you take a close look in combination with colors that make the bump map too obvious...
And just now I realize that since I had the trouble to include extra files with the meshes and bump map, I could have packed them with the recolors and have them be "new" meshes with different names thus not affecting the original clothes and potentially other works... takes notes for future releases...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 3:15 PM
hey neat good job,
can you make these available for everyday ware too?
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:37 AM
Thanks for not forgetting the older ladies. :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazzyferret
hey neat good job,
can you make these available for everyday ware too?

The main reason I didn´t do that by default is that while I wanted townies to be able to choose these pieces (so "valid for random" is on) when it comes to everyday these people don´t have a very good taste for fashion... so very weird combinations of clothing could show up; that was an issue with some nude clothing I have, townies walking around topless or bottomless, not a nice view sometimes...
That said, you can easily make these clothes available for everyday use with CTU; just open the package, tick the "everyday" box on the Part Category table and save; I´d just untick the "valid for random" box, though, for the reason above.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:01 AM
i see.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:05 PM
Hi I love these first off.

I just wanted to let you know that these outfits dont show up well when you enlarge the breasts. I'm not sure but the breasts seem to be cut off i'm not sure if its the mesh association or not

I can post some screens of what i mean
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 7:11 PM
That´s weird...
I tried both Jonha´s ans Delphy´s sliders after seeing your message but could not see a problem even going to extremes...
Can you post some screenshots?
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:09 PM
This is what i meant. Hope this helps. In the game there are subtle differences between these meshes.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:45 AM
Ah, I see it now... That´s a teen, right? It seems the CAS part I used to make the teen version (tfTopBra_bikiniTie) has issues with the breast sliders...
Only fix for those who use the breast sliders is to make another teen version using one of the other teen tops (which work fine with the sliders...), the catch being those have a small mapping issue with my design that the one I picked does not...
I´ll look into it...