Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:36 PM
Default Why is my EADM in the Wrong Place?
My launcher has been unlaunchable for weeks because it 'encounters' a problem. I have read everything on this site and beyond to rectify the problem.

In the game help section here at MTS I have followed the instructions going into the C drive but could never get anywhere because this code is missing {EF7E931D-DC84-471B-8DB6-A83358095474}.

I've tried repeatedly and now I discover that the EADM folder that is supposedly found in the ProgramData folder has magically appeared in my Program Files folder! The ProgramData folder is supposed to contain the Electronic Arts folder where the mystical EADM is located but all I could find was an Electronic core folder!

I'm ready to bite my face off! Can anyone please please help. Is it as simple as moving the EADM 'thing' to the correct folder??? Or have I just lost my mind in a folder?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 12:08 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
Just did a quick check to verify, but I have an Electronic Arts folder under Program Data.
It has 2 folders inside - EA Core and EADM, the EADM folder is empty
The EADM folder under Program Files\Electronic Arts has 2 folders and 19 items inside.

What exactly are you attempting to do, which guide are you following? UnInstallation?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Just did a quick check to verify, but I have an Electronic Arts folder under Program Data.
It has 2 folders inside - EA Core and EADM, the EADM folder is empty
The EADM folder under Program Files\Electronic Arts has 2 folders and 19 items inside.

What exactly are you attempting to do, which guide are you following? UnInstallation?

I'm trying to uninstall using the link through MTS regarding EADM issues because my launcher is not working. I follow these instructions on the link;
Quote:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open your hard drive (by default, EA Download Manager is installed on the C drive).
3. Open the ProgramData folder.
4. Open the Electronic Arts folder.
5. Right-click on the EADM folder and choose Delete.
6. A "Confirm Folder Delete " window will appear; choose Yes.
7. (Also in the Program Files folder), go to the InstallShield Installation Information.
* (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to “SHOW hidden folders ".)
8. Right-click the {EF7E931D-DC84-471B-8DB6-A83358095474} and choose Delete.
9. A “Confirm Folder Delete” window will appear; choose Yes.
10. When the folder is deleted, close the window.
11. Right-click your Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

After I open up the ProgramData and Electronic Arts folders I only find an Electronic Core folder.
In the ProgramFiles/ElectronicArts folders I have the same contents as you.
Why is EA mentioning the ProgramData Folder when there's nothing there. Am I suppose to delete the one in ProgramFiles?
Then I get totally lost in Step 7 regarding the InstallShield Installation because in my folder there is no code {EF7E931D-DC84-471B-8DB6-A83358095474}. I have many others but not that one.

I have not physically uninstalled yet because I'm scared that the game will be totally stuffed. I have read through the instructions so many times and checked out everything while doing so but because things don't correctly follow the instructions I don't know what to do. What am I missing [besides my brain!]?

Thank you, I really appreciate your response and time.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:59 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.

You followed the EA FAQ on uninstalling EADM? Hopefully our FAQ is clearer. :)

If the entries are not there after uninstalling via Control Panel or the uninstaller program, that's OK; doesn't mean that anything's wrong. The FAQ guide is to show you where the entries are in case the uninstaller didn't clean up after itself properly, where you can then remove these leftover entries manually.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:08 AM
Thank you so much ellacharm3d! I'll give it a go - just had a quick look at the link and it certainly appears much more concise, definitely better than what I was stuck on. Here's hoping - I just want my stupid launcher back! Thank you again