Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cradle of Civilization Sofa Fix

by HugeLunatic Posted 16th Jul 2010 at 5:19 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:21 PM by HugeLunatic

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:43 PM
Thanks! This is great! and, Squee! new unreleased loveseat!
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:51 PM
Never cared much for the "odd square" design on the pillow, myself; so a great thank you for sharing your sofa fix !!
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:51 PM
Omg i love you for this, i hated that irritating square pattern thing!!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:23 PM
Things like this make such a difference to the game, I'm glad that guys like you bother!! I'm grabbing this right now, Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Pandora3co : 16th Jul 2010 at 6:39 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
Yippie! I hated those lines! Can't wait to get the loveseat too! Thanks!

Sorry if this is obtuse, but this IS a default replacement correct?

Nevermind... it's called Default in the file name...
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:46 PM
I loved this sofa but would never use it because of the pattern, so thank you!!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:05 PM
I always wait for you to actually make EA objects look appealing. So excited to get the loveseat to match. You are wonderful, Lunie. Thanks!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:05 PM
*-------*Love this fix :B

And I have a question...You have a lot of paintings in only one place(in the pic).How to do that?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:13 PM
collin2: I believe they are one painting, not separate ones.

And I too LOVE this fix!

If nothing can go wrong, something will.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:20 PM
Yup! That is one collage of pictures and it comes with one of the expansion packs but not sure which one. Also have to say thanks for fixing an ugly couch and making it usable again in the game. Now if you just had the love seat ready life would be perfect.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:23 PM
Much better. There are some things that I don't understand why EA did them. Like flowers on appliances and odd decorations on cabinets. No house has that kind of stuff. Even rich houses don't look so ridiculous.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:29 PM
Thank you for this fix, now I can actually use this sofa. Waiting anxiously for the add-on from you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:35 PM
Hallelujah! I can finally use that couch now. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:43 PM
Love it! Looks so much more like a regular couch! When will you be finishing the loveseat? And I think you should make a chair, too.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:35 PM
Perfect!!! Like all your new and improved - thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:14 AM
Oh my gosh, thank you! I love this couch/hate those squares, and was waiting for someone to do this. Thanks a million!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:21 AM
Honestly I never put too much thought into the yellow squares on the couch but now that I see them without the squares the sofa does look much better. And I always liked the design of the sofa but was irritated that EA didn't include a loveseat to go with it so I'm definitely looking forward to the release of that.
Banned
#19 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:52 AM
This looks cool! I personally never minded the stencil, but I'm sure many people hated it. Thanks for this.
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:11 PM
I've always liked the shape of the sofa but those squares irritated me to the point where I couldn't use it. Thank you so much for the fix.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
I just want to say thank-you. I mean finally we get a sofa with some pillow cushions from EA and they put a permanent rectangle on them. Why? So, thanks for removing the fugly on this couch. I will definitely be using this a lot more.
#22 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:51 PM
Ahhh another sofa saved from Sofa Sadness - thank you!
Instructor
#23 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:44 PM
Thank you. As you mentioned I like the sofa but the stencil made it unuseable.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:08 AM
That. Is. Brilliant! Thanks for the much needed fix! I love the animation too!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:36 PM
Oh my gosh, that drove me crazy!! Thank you so, so much for fixing it!!
Page 1 of 2