|Search this Thread|
|15th Jul 2010, 08:40 AM||Farming Challenge #1|
Ok here is a challenge I haven't seen before, so I'm posting it. I made it up to make my own game more interesting and hope you enjoy it as much as I do (wow that laugh sounded evil).
The Goal: The challenge is over when the 10th generation assists in their first harvest.(this means there are no pregnant Sims, babies or toddlers at the time.) You may also used the 3rd, 6th, and 8th generations.
1. No Sim in the family may have an outside job.
2. No Sim may open any business except one that sells animals or produce that were raised/produced (Sewing, pottery, flowers, honey, and flour fit into this category) on the lot. The business has to be a home-business.
3. Only Sims on the lot are subject to these rules.
4. You may use any Sim or Sim Family that does not have a net worth above 35,000.
5. There must be at least a 4*4 garden plot per a person above a toddler.This plot must be sold not harvested. The max is 5*6. There must also be at least one fruit tree with a max of two per a Sim child and up(Sims 3 use 8-12 plants per person same number of trees).
6. You are not allowed to buy food, your Sims must grow it themselves.
7. There must also be a food garden with at least 3 plots for each type of produce, as well as one of every fruit tree. (in Sims 3, you need 6 rows of three different things and three diffrent types of tree.)
8. If you have livestock they must have a barn (With stalls,I can provide links for livestock), if they can move on their own they must have an outdoor pen. If you're using dogs/cats they must have appropriate shelter, food bowls, and scratch/chew toys. This only applies if you have dogs that are "sheep" ect.(make sure you have it built before you buy/move-in any)
9. If you are using the trips/quads hack while it is allowed it has to be set as follows quads:0, trips:15, twins:35, and single:50. You can also only use random.
10. You have to decide on a definitive family structure. Meaning someone does domestic tasks, cares for the children, and tends the food garden BEFORE helping in the field or orchard. Someone is "In charge(family head)" sits at the head of the table and only works in the field and /or barn. All other members work can be divided as the player sees fit.
11. Similar to the legacy challenge there MUST be an heir. This can be decided one of four ways.
1. The child with the highest relationship to the head of the family.
2. The eldest child.
3. The eldest child with the same gender as the family head
4. The winner of some sort of contest. This can include all of the children born or only those of the same gender as the founder.
5. The child most like the family head. Can be same or different gender
6. A die roll, similar to the contest except with dice.
12. No hacks or involving; bills, money, ect. All others are allowed. However if you want a baby you must try for a baby, or adopt.
13. In order to tell if a Sim is attracted to the same or opposite gender roll a 6-sided die. 1-2 same gender,3 both genders, 4-6 opposite gender. This must be done at birth,also if your Sim is a witch/wizard or has alien blood same sex pregnancy is allowed.
14. Fertility, is not the same as maxis here are the stats. This must be rolled at birth, and CANNOT effect who the heir will be. After they won't know until they start a family. For Sims married in it is rolled upon joining the family.
1-Infertile, must adopt
2-barely fertile, must roll a 6 to try for a baby
3-low fertility, must roll above 5 to try for a baby
4-Moderately fertile, must roll an even to try for a baby
5-High fertility, as log as you donít roll a 1 or 2 try for a baby
6-Extremely Fertile, always try for a baby
If one partner is a 5 or 6 it raises the fertility of the other by one number (a Sim who rolled 1 is excluded from this). Both partners numbers must allow for trying for a baby. For example partner 1 has a fertility of 3, and partner 2 has one of 4. You must roll for each separately. If partner 1 rolls a 6 but partner 2 rolls a 3, you canít attempt to have a baby. But If partner 1 rolls a 6 and partner 2 rolls a 4 you can try for a baby. If both roll a 6, you can use a hack to gat one pregnant, if they roll the same number (as long the number allows for the attempt at pregnancy) you can force twins. If you want to attempt to roll the same number a third time, for triplets you can but if you donít get it you have to start from scratch.
15.All Sims above toddler-hood MUST work on the farm when not in school.
16.You are ONLY allowed to plant each of the crops ONCE per a year. I suggest a season shortening hack(I can recommend one).
17. All improvements can only be built after the harvest is in. You can build whatever you can afford moving in but you have to get one of the two largest lots, and it must be empty. You are also granted a exception to the money rule you may use kaching up to three times if necessary.
18. All ghosts must be free to roam the lot, all graves/urns must be kept smashed/kicked or not.
19. School is optional, if you can get around it do.
20. Work is done from dawn to dusk ONLY(harvest and planting times are exceptions).
21.Every three days you must attempt to try for a baby.
22. Homework cannot be done until after dark or the work is done, unless the child is in danger of being taken away.
23. Anything immortal or dead can not be the heir
24. The dead do not come back unless zombies.
25. If a child is sent to college after graduation you must roll a 6-sided die, if it's anything other than a 5 or 6 they "refuse" come back to the home lot(they can be moved elsewhere in the neighborhood though). If it's a 1 the fell off the face of the earth and you have to delete them (in neighborhood screen) If you prefer you can move them to a different neighborhood.
26. In order to be a possible heir the Sim MUST be able to live in the house. If a Sim didn't "refuse" to move back home but moved out they can always move back in but have to be added to the family with or hacks so they don't add money they shouldn't.
27. Adoption can only be done if the couple is the same gender or if they have gone 18 days and have not been able to have a child of their own.
+1 point for every baby born.
+1 point for every "good" birthday.
+1 point for not using a kaching (3 possible).
+1 point for every harvest.
+2 points for every A+.
+1 point for every set of twins.
+2 points for every set of triplets.
+1 point for every platinum death.
+1 point for every lifetime want fulfilled.
+3 point for every alien abduction.
+10 points per a non broken rule.
-1 point for every repo man.
-2 points per a child taken by the social worker.
-1 point for every "bad" birthday.
-2 point for using a kaching (other than exceptions).
-1 point for every time the plants all die.
-2 points for every D.
-4 points for every F.
-1 point for every Sim refuses to come home after college.
-6 points for every Sim that falls off the face of the earth after college.
-1 point for every lifetime want not fulfilled.
-1 point for every aspiration failure.
-10 points for every rule broken
-1 point for every toddler skill left unlearned(includes nursery rhyme if available).
-50,000 points for every use of motherlode.
Good luck, and have fun!
|15th Jul 2010, 10:01 AM||#2|
Join Date: May 2010
For challenges like this it's good to maybe write a little bit of a preface describing what the point/goal of the challenge is instead of having to read through a huge wall of text of rules to find out where it's going. At least imo. Plus a bit of formatting would make it a bit easier to read.
On the surface it looks like an easier version of the Yeoman Farmer challenge, more like a legacy via farming I guess. I would try it, but in every challenge I've played I get bored after one generation
|15th Jul 2010, 11:06 PM||#3|
I agree with backpedal; definitely an easier version of the Yeoman Farmer Challenge, which I am currently doing. Also, for rule 25, you DO NOT EVER want to delete a sim. This will ultimately result in a Big Fiery Ball Visible from Space. Don't tell anyone to delete a sim, please. Planting only once a year seems ridiculous, especially since certainly crops do better during different seasons.
|16th Jul 2010, 02:42 AM||#4|
I meant in the neighborhood screen. I've also had no problem playing when I plant everything in the spring. It's always thriving when it's harvested but I will edit to allow each crop to only be planted once. Also to clear up confusion.
|16th Jul 2010, 03:05 AM||#5|
Ok I looked up the Yeoman Farmer Challenge, I disagree with the idea that this is a simply an easier version of the Yeoman Farmer Challenge. I didn't even know it existed for starters. Another thing is yes I did loosely base this on the legacy challenge, but I wanted something a little looser in some areas and stricter in others. For example that fact that your Sim just might be sterile, or nearly so. Or the fact that the player can''t control if a Sim like male of females. Some of the things that are closer to the Yeoman Farmer Challenge are kind of obvious, why would you buy food when you're growing it?
|16th Jul 2010, 03:21 AM||#6|
I couldn't manage the whole challenge, I suck at keeping going with challenges for more than one or two generations! However, I love your ideas about fertility and orientation, I may see if I can incorporate that into my normal gameplay! :-)
Though for orientation I think I'd be inclined more towards something like: 1 - homosexual, 2 - bisexual, 3-6 heterosexual. Just because I don't want homosexual/heterosexual orientation to be 50/50. For one thing, I like my sims to breed a lot! :-D
The fertility roll numbers are awesome though.
|16th Jul 2010, 05:14 AM||#7|
Ok added bi and changed numbers, I also suck at more than two generations.I'm going to make it to ten this time! I will not kill my Sims, I will not kill my Sims, I will NOT kill my Sims. Wish them luck .